A late fall selection. Any tracks not linked are not yet available on iTunes.
1. “PHANTOM LIMB” — The Shins
First single from January release Wincing the Night Away.
2. “RELAX” — Mika
Ebullient melodic pop from the forthcoming album Life in Cartoon Motion.
3. “HERCULEAN” — The Good, The Bad, and the Queen
Atmospheric new effort from Damon Albarn of Blur.
4. “JUST CAN’T GET ENOUGH” (Dirty South Mix) — Depeche Mode
Classic DM track given new life by DJ of the moment Dirty South.
5. “CAMINO DEL SOL” (Todd Terje and Joakim Mixes) — Antena
Classic track from the 80’s given a couple fine new mixes. Think electro samba.
6. “GIRL THAT SPEAKS NO WORDS” (Alan Braxe & Fred Falke Mix) — Infadels
Some call it “dance punk” but don’t let that scare you. This is smooth.
7. “I GO HARD, I GOME HOME” (The Juan Maclean Remix) — Presets
Presets are getting a lot of attention these days. I’d welcome more of this kind.
8. “YOU MADE IT” — DJ Shadow
Love Coldplay? You’ll love the vocals on this guitar-touched drifting piece of work.
9. “THE 7AM DROP” (Original Mix) — Andy Cato
One half of Groove Armada shows off his side of the story.
10. “MARTYR” (Booka Shade Full Vocal Mix Edit) — Depeche Mode
A bit darker than #3 above, but Booka Shade hardly ever fails to please.
11. “LET’S CALL IT OFF” — Peter Bjorn & John
This group just keeps producing catchy, easy-to-absorb electronic folk pop.
12. “HURT” (Jake Ridley Chillout Club) — Christina Aguilera
Xtina’s latest gets a swollen, chill treatment and it suits this track perfectly.
13. “CLOCKS” — Rhythms del Mundo Cuba
The classic Coldplay track infused with Cuban rhythms from the Buena Vista Social Club.
All previously recommended “In Heavy Rotation” tracks can be found here.