“Gittings’s papers document her activities on behalf of gay and lesbian rights from 1958, when she founded the East Coast chapter of the Daughters of Bilitis, the first national lesbian organization. Her writings influenced the American Psychiatric Association’s December 1973 removal of homosexuality from its list of mental disorders. As a longtime leader of the American Library Association’s Gay Task Force (now the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered Round Table), Gittings was influential in developing programs to highlight the availability of gay materials for use in libraries. She was awarded an ALA honorary membership in 2003. Lahusen’s extensive photographic collection includes images of early protesters, portraits of prominent lesbians, and photos chronicling gay activism through 2005. ‘Barbara and I always wanted our papers and photographs to be cared for and made available in a secure, world-class repository,’ Lahusen said. ‘And we wanted our letters and photos to be surrounded by those of friends and colleagues in the cause. The New York Public Library’s marvelous archive division was the obvious choice.'”
- Russia Blocks Facebook, Accusing it of Restricting Access to Russian Media;
- Duran Duran Has New Music And You Are About To Enjoy it. It’s 2021. Seriously.
- ‘Mayor Pete’ Trailer; Papa Pete Pwns Tucker; 4-Stars for Dr. Rachel Levine; JoJo Siwa’s Perfect 10s; Lynda Carter’s 8 Wonder-full Words: GOOD NEWS
- Published by BANG Showbiz English Kim Petras thinks the world is “going backwards” with its attitudes toward sexual expression. The 30-year-old singer teamed up with her fellow pop star for ‘Unholy’ and following the backlash over …Read More »
Qualified? Melania Trump Gave Advice In Situation Room During Killing Of ISIS Leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdad, Defense Department Whistle-Blower ClaimsPublished by Radar Online mega Former First Lady Melania Trump was reportedly present for one of the Situation Room’s most important chairs during the killing of ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi — going so far as …Read More »
- Published by OK Magazine cbs The biggest night in music has arrived! The 65th Annual Grammy Awards kicked off with a fabulous red carpet, with celebs going all out for the Sunday, February 5, show, which …Read More »
- Published by OK Magazine Francis Specker/CBS ©2023 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. Shania Twain made a statement at the 2023 Grammy Awards. On Sunday, February 5, the country star, 57, sported a white and black outfit — with …Read More »