BY RU BHATT
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/221281601″ params=”color=9900ff&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
Berlin's Tom Peters wears many hats: he's a DJ, a producer, and a fashion designer all at the same time. The gay musician is a force to be reckoned with on the house and techno scene, having released tracks on labels like Kompakt and Get Physical. His fashion label, Tom Peters World is known for its bold, in-your-face slogans on life and love. On his latest release, ‘Hand in Hand,' Peters serves up an intimate deep house track with a sexy melodic groove, enhanced by Peters' unique sense of big city melancholy.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/152042610?secret_token=s-F8Oa5″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
- Honey Dijon and Tim K‘s ‘Thunda' is a haunting ode to the late '80s and early '90s house scene in New York. Also included within the release is a disco makeover courtesy of Sweden's HNNY, and thumping Detroit warehouse treatment by Terence Parker.
- Konstantin Sibold gained notoriety by being the youngest ever resident DJ of the club Rocker 33 in Stuttgart, Germany. ‘Leif' has a driving, classic house sound and is included in his first EP, Dome, out soon on Defected Records.
- It's been a while since we've had new music from Australia's Plastic Plates, but his latest release, ‘Lose My Mind' sure makes it worth the wait. The soulful house track is both energizing and mesmerizing–showing off his growth as an artist and whetting the listeners appetite for his upcoming EP, releasing on Oct 9th.
- Similarly, Duke Dumont moves away from his previous, radio-friendly efforts and enlists legendary Chicago house vocalist Robert Owens to give us a history lesson on ‘Robert Talking'. Dumont provides a pulsing, disco-tinged production that serves as a perfect backdrop for Owens' tale of how he discovered house music.
- Norway's Annie teams up with über producer Richard X once again for ‘Cara Mia,' from her upcoming Endless Vacation EP. The song stays true to the vacation namesake with its tropical '90s house sound and Annie's signature ethereal vocals.
On Sunday, October 11th, Occupy The Disco joins the inimitable Robbie Leslie at Christina Visca's Trippin' on The Moon in Greenwich Village, New York.
OCCUPY THE DISCO (OXD) is a gay, New York City-based DJ collective who got their start curating alternative night life and music events for the gay community. The OXD Mirror serves to showcase house, disco and techno tunes that are definitely off-the-beaten-path but rightfully deserve the attention of the gay ear.
Be sure to check out these tracks and more on Soundcloud. For more information on OXD, check out our website and accompanying blog at www.occupythedisco.com, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter: @OccupyTheDisco.