Anderson Cooper | Great Britain | Isaiah Washington | News | Patrick Dempsey | Religion | T.R. Knight

News: Bible and Blood, Michael J. Fox, Grey's Apology

road.jpg Rush Limbaugh accuses Michael J. Fox of exaggerating the effects of Parkinson's disease in campaign ad: "Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting." Fox respond...Parkinson Foundation responds...

Acmanroad.jpg Anderson Cooper spotted with mystery man..and the mystery thickens...

road.jpg Isaiah Washington issues apology for on-set comments during brawl with Patrick Dempsey that may or may not have led to the outing of co-star T.R. Knight. Washington: "I sincerely regret my actions and the unfortunate use of words during the recent incident on-set. Both are beneath my own personal standards. … I have nothing but respect for my coworkers … and have apologized personally to everyone involved."

road.jpg Does the media have a double standard on gay slurs? "If while on the set of their hit television series Grey's Anatomy, Patrick Dempsey, with his hands around the throat of a co-star, had said in reference to Isaiah Washington 'I'm not your little n***** like Isaiah,' would there be an uproar in the mainstream media? Would it be a 'hard news' item?"

road.jpg Gay Police Association of Britain says it will appeal a finding that said it made false claims in an ad linking Christianity to a rise in homophobic crimes. The ad depicted a Holy Bible next to a pool of blood.

road.jpg Woman goes ballistic after finding husband performing gay act on a webcam. Heads to bar, drinks cocktails, returns home to beat him.

road.jpg British pop band front man comes out of the closet.

Comments

1. Anderson Cooper's "friend" is cute. They look good together, more power to them!

Posted by: yum | Oct 25, 2006 12:36:26 PM

2. Re: Michael J. Fox: Not only is Rush Limbaugh is an expert on medication, but he and his fellow Republicans have a long and proud history of being able to make medical diagnoses based on videotape. So I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

Posted by: Glenn | Oct 25, 2006 12:42:17 PM

3. ...what if Anderson's walk is *gasp* with a staff writer? A young producer? Must he immediately be attached to the bloke he shares twenty minutes with?

Posted by: midnight lounge | Oct 25, 2006 12:44:35 PM

4. Rush Limbaugh is really evil. There is no depth that the republicans will not lower themselves into in order to denegrate democrats running for office. Why is this a surprise to anyone?

Posted by: disgusting whores | Oct 25, 2006 12:47:34 PM

5. yeah, kiss our collective asses Isiah Washington. if someone had slipped beneath their "own personal standards" and called you a nig*er, what would have been the outcome then? i bet i know.

Posted by: CriticlRN | Oct 25, 2006 12:49:34 PM

6. I see nothing suggestive in the photo with Anderson Cooper, other than him walking with a person whom I would suspect is a male. People, drop it already. Look, he's even in his broadcast garb, not club wear.

I wish the links that take me to "Pink" would be prefixed as such. That site messes up my browser something awful.

Rad

Posted by: Rad | Oct 25, 2006 12:50:05 PM

7. Excellent point...if the all-evil "N" word had been used, he would have been fired. It's simply part of the lexicon of love, or i mean hate.

Posted by: e | Oct 25, 2006 12:52:45 PM

8. Midnight Lounge has a point, but I speculate about people I work with when I see them in public with people I don't know. i wonder if they're dating, friends whatever so I dunno. I guess it's because I am single and must live vicariously through anyone. Sigh. Anyone, if hottie Cooper is shagging that guy, good for him. If not, well, nice jeans.

Anyhoot, Rush Limbaugh is a fucking asshole - not that it's news- Isaiah's apology is long-overdue and accepted by me at least, there is a double standard in regards to our media and gay slurs, religon is a disease so good luck Gay Police in the UK fighting that uphill battle, cheers to the band frontman who came out and I didn't read the story about the wife beating her husband and don't care to.

Whew. My fingers are tired.

Posted by: Marco | Oct 25, 2006 12:53:30 PM

9. To call Rush Limbaugh a pig is to insult a pig. To call Rush Limbaugh a weasel is to insult a weasel. To call Rush Limbaugh a filthy dog is to insult all filthy dogs. To call Rush Limbaugh an odious, ignorant cretin is to insult all odious, ignorant cretins...

Posted by: Bill | Oct 25, 2006 12:56:12 PM

10. Rush Limbaugh = vile
    Anderson Cooper = cute, but maybe the other guy's a cousin or a friend
    Isaiah Washington = lies, lies, lies
    Does the media have a double standard on gay slurs = rhetorical question
    Gay police v. christians = guess who'll win that one
    Gay act on webcam = nothing it's masturbation not sex
    Gay rocker = a nice guy.

Posted by: JT | Oct 25, 2006 12:59:43 PM

11. I just received an e-mail from the Webb for senate Virginia campaign.

Michael J. Fox will be appearing at a Wenn rally Nov 2

Michael's message is resonating with america. Rush and his ilk are a very very very small minority who are exposing their follishness to america. America is not happy and will not tolerate it anymore.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Oct 25, 2006 1:16:52 PM

12. sorry for the typo

It should be Webb not Wenn

I really should edit these blasted things before hitting the "post" button

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Oct 25, 2006 1:19:00 PM

13. Bill: Funny.

I love Anderson, in the closet or out of the closet.

Posted by: Blair | Oct 25, 2006 1:35:58 PM

14. I don't get the big need to out Anderson to the world. He doesn't lie about his orientation, he simply doesn't feel the need to be a role model for the community. That's a lot to ask of anyone. God knows, we have some dumb ass people (Lance/Riechen) trying to milk it for all they can.

Anyone that lives in NYC and has ever gone to Alegria (especially pre-CNN) could easily run into Adnerson. He's social, responsible and always seemed to have his act together (ie. non-mess, unlike most guys at clubs).

As any of you might suggest, being gay is an aspect of your life, not the ruling factor (unless you're a bartender (Splash Bar whores), hustler (ie. Michael Lucas) or politician (McGreevey trying to rebuild his base within the gay community--no takers, please).

Leave the guy to enjoy his life and reach a broader audience then he might otherwise enjoy.

Let him enjoy the life he so richly de

Posted by: Mark | Oct 25, 2006 1:41:08 PM

15. Ugh. Now I want Isaiah off of Greys! I sorta feel that we as a community have to make "fa**ot" as offensive as "ni**er" in the public domain.

Do you think that the gay community should demand that ABC boot Isaiah off the show?

Posted by: Astro | Oct 25, 2006 2:08:12 PM

16. HELLO!?!?! Did I not indentify that dude as a trainer at Equinox when this picture first came out in the comments section? Anderson goes to Equinox and he was on *GASP* a public street with one of their trainers. People seriously need to grow up and find some other form of entertainment. I'd expect this kind of non-story on perez hilton.

Posted by: MT | Oct 25, 2006 2:14:15 PM

17. Mark, I agree with your sentiment but your seconc paragraph seems sort of like: "It's no one's business if you're a __fill in the blank__ and, even though I have photos proving that, it's still no one's business."

Posted by: JT | Oct 25, 2006 2:51:05 PM

18. In response to the story about Rush Slimeball's attack on M. J. Fox:

My mother and father are extreme social conservatives and right wing Republicans. They have always been at the forefront of any demonstration against abortion, gay marriage (or gay existence) and stem cell research.

Last year my mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease after showing some EXTREMELY mild symptoms (numbness and occasional, mild tremors). On a visit to my family in Mississippi a few weeks ago, I talked to my mother about the hopes and promising preliminary results of stem cell research. To my amazement she said she hadn't yet made up her mind on what she believes about EMBRYONIC stem cell research. That was a really interesting revelation to me because a few months earlier her mind was completely made up AGAINST it.

It's amazing how a person's opinion (so completely FOR or so completely AGAINST) an issue that they thought only affected OTHER PEOPLE can change so quickly and so radically when that same issue turns out to affect them personally. They suddenly become so much more open minded and liberal.

We often find the same opinion shifting on issues like abortion and gay rights when people find themselves personally affected.

Sadly my mother’s negative opinions about gay rights have not changed to any great degree in spite of the fact that I am an openly gay man in a 15 year monogamous relationship and raising my son with my husband (married, Toronto 2003). I guess her son’s, and her grandson’s, wellbeing just isn’t personal ENOUGH for her to change her mind on gay rights issues. Short of her being struck down by a Divine Lesbian Lightening bolt, I guess I shouldn’t hope for any motherly epiphany on the subject.

I wonder how quickly Rush Slimeball's opinions would change if the limp peckered peckerwood ever found himself on the dirty end of one of the partisan policies that he rails for/against.

Let's just take, ……uhm….. repeat offender, prescription/nonprescription drug abuser, just as a random example.

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 25, 2006 2:57:05 PM

19. ...do you think the gay community should demand that abc boot isaiah off the show?

sure...as soon as members of the gay community stop with being so busy calling each other faggots enough to actually care...

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Oct 25, 2006 3:06:38 PM

20. Zeke: It's interesting how parents can still think of us as going through a phase. Clearly a disease isn't a phase, so it makes sense to use that opportunity to change a view; but c'mon you just haven't met the right woman yet.

Posted by: JT | Oct 25, 2006 3:06:39 PM

21. I once told my mother, "It's easy for you to be straight; hell if I was a woman, I'd be straight too!"

She wasn't amused.

Nor was she amused when I told her that I HAD found the perfect woman; "she's" six foot two, hairy and hung like a mule.

Needless to say, my mother's learned that it's best that she not poke the snake.

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 25, 2006 3:21:37 PM

22. I would enjoy poking the snake.

Posted by: JT | Oct 25, 2006 3:33:59 PM

23. HELLO!?!?! Did I not indentify that dude as a trainer at Equinox when this picture first came out in the comments section? Anderson goes to Equinox and he was on *GASP* a public street with one of their trainers. People seriously need to grow up and find some other form of entertainment. I'd expect this kind of non-story on perez hilton.

Posted by: MT | Oct 25, 2006 2:14:15 PM

Hello?!?! Didn't know the earth revolved around you MT.

Posted by: Marco | Oct 25, 2006 3:37:46 PM

24. Ironically I just had someone use the word faggot in front of me at work today. He was referring to someone else but it is a powerful word and still bothering me. I just kind of did a "what??" comment and he changed the subject. I understand it is hard to be perfect all the time and I make some nasty comments sometime too, especially when you become comfortable with people. In our minds I think it is equal to the 'n' word but probably for most people its not at that level. Not quite sure how I feel about it.

Posted by: stevo | Oct 25, 2006 3:38:27 PM

25. Lincoln. JFK. RFK. Martin Luther King, Jr. John Lennon. Medgar Evers. Ninoy Aquino. Harvey Milk. George Moscone. Matthew Shepard. Gwen Araujo. Brandon Teena. Allen Schindler Jr. Danny Overstreet. JR Warren.
    Barry Winchell. Billy Jack Gaither. Tyra Hunter. Jody Dobrowski. Michael Sandy. _________

Now, will someone please remind me why Rush Limbaugh's fat ass hasn't been blown off the face of the Earth?

Now, will someone please remind me why Anderson Cooper isn't publicly out?

Thank you.