Pope Benedict Speaks Through Italian “Gay Icon” Serra Yilmaz

Yilmaz

Pope Benedict XVI, who has never been shy about condemning homosexuality or gay marriage, might be interested to know that the translator spreading his message of tolerance to Turkey and its Muslim community is an actress who is considered a “gay icon” in Italy.

Serra Yilmaz, seen here attending to his holiness and Turkish President Ahmet Necdet Sezer, has appeared in a number of films with gay themes, including His Secret Life and Harem Suare, according to Pink News.

Perhaps Yilmaz could educate Benedict about the “secret life” of some of his priests.

In related news (via Daily Dish), the Pope shows off a few of his fashion statements.

Comments

1. patrick nyc says

The best are the ruby red Prada slippers. He is such a queen. Has anyone noticed how he looks like Uncle Fester from the Addams Family? Just with a white wig and brighter drag.

2. ggreen says

Fabulous cape and Pradas but what about the rule “no white dresses after Labor Day”? And I know she’s wearing colored hose under that thing the tacky catholic

3. Mike_in_Lancaster says

I saw a pope nutcracker in the Christmas department at Neiman Marcus (white robe, miter, etc… maybe not THE pope, perhaps “St. Nicholas”, but very pope-like nevertheless) and I couldn’t help thinking that I thought there were rules about the pope having nuts in his mouth.

4. jimmyboyo says

24play

LOL I almost fell out of my chair when i read what you posted

Patrick NYC

Yeah…those red prada shoes that he/she insists on always wearing and ONLY gucci sunglasses. John Paul would be ashamed, and if a man named jesus ever even existed he would throw up. “Blessed are the poor for they shall inherit the (fairytale) kingdom of god”

5. says

No wonder he rails on gays so much. He just can’t stand being shown up on the runway by some other queen.

btw, that movie His Secret Life is such a good movie. I rented it on a whim from Netflix (Netflix btw has a really good gay movie supply) and loved it.

6. resurrect says

Great photo – so surreal. Almost worthy of inclusion in a Mathew Barney exhibit as it captures the intersection of power, tradition and sexuality in all its fucked up-ness.