A Night at La Scala

Rupert_donatella

Rupert Everett escorted longtime friend Donatella Versace to La Scala opera house in Milan Thursday for its opening night, a production of Aida directed by Franco Zeffirelli. The production has created a frenzy with all 11 performances selling out within two hours. It’s the director’s first production there in 14 years.

Comments

1. Becks07 says

I think it’s cool to dress up, go out to see a creative presentation and be part of history — opening night at La Scala! — so while I think all the hatin’ is worth a cackle, they are two friends having fun and I wish I’d been there, too.

2. tc says

Rupert… listen to me!!!….LEAVE YOUR FACE ALONE!!!….your a drop dead gorgeous man…….Donatella probably told him to do this & that.. to that beautiful face..and he did this & that and it looks like he did this & that

3. JT says

Being the most subculturally unaware gay man in the US, I was only passingly familiar with the name Donatella Versace, and that only because of the SNL skits I’ve occasionally seen. Now that I’ve seen pictures of her I must ask:

Holy shit! What is that?

4. ggreen says

Every time Rupert has his brows lifted he looks more like a surprised and shocked Joan Crawford. Is that what he meant to do or maybe it’s payback for being such a f-unt.

5. says

look fine? uh, ok. if your name is Flicka.

by “all accounts” decent and nice? yeah, other than the accounts of a network comedy show that reallized everyone knows shes a coke-whore.

dex, jealousy is not attractive.

6. el polacko says

let rupert serve as a warning to all of us who may be considering a nip or a tuck to stave off the aging process. men tend to look their best when they age naturally. give me a hot wrinkled daddy over a botoxed zombie any day.

7. Patrick Eagan says

I think the doctor should be splapped for the bad job he or she did on Donatella. This is a poster person for the fact that money can’t buy everything…Talk about being at the wrong place with the wrong person. Cheers to the boys that will put up with anything in a dress.

8. Dex says

dex, jealousy is not attractive.

Posted by: hughman | Dec 8, 2006 11:55:13 PM

Who’s jealous and of what?

I don’t take SNL comedy sketches as gospel, Hugh, so you’re not going to get me there. Even if she does enjoy a bit of blow, that’s her choice and I don’t believe it makes her a bad person.