Nature | News | Steve Backshall | Television

BigGayDeal.com

In the Wild with Steve Backshall

Bakshall

Backshall3Steve Backshall is the BBC's answer to Steve Irwin. He starred in a children's show called The Really Wild Show which was cancelled, but recently appeared in an episode of Expedition: Borneo.

For those of you (like me) with an addiction to the Discovery Channel and other stations of that ilk, having hosts like Jeff Corwin, Bear Grylls, and Backshall is an added bonus. Since we can't yet get it in the U.S., here's a preview of what viewers got to see on Expedition: Borneo.

Bakshall2
(photo source)

Comments

1. Never heard of this guy, but thank you for posting his pictures. Another note to self not to have those cookies, chocolates, pizzas, ice cream and such...

Posted by: Dutchimport | Jan 9, 2007 4:21:48 PM

2. Oh sweet jesus! I miss England!

Posted by: JT | Jan 9, 2007 4:21:52 PM

3. I like how everyone else is fully dressed to avoid scratches and bug bites .... and he is RIGHTLY STRIPPED TO THE WASTE videotaped flashing for the masses.

yum yum yum

Posted by: rjp3 | Jan 9, 2007 4:29:19 PM

4. waist of course ... but it would be a WASTE for him to wear a shirt

Posted by: rjp3 | Jan 9, 2007 4:30:07 PM

5. I wonder if he works out?

Posted by: chrisb | Jan 9, 2007 4:39:44 PM

6. Sadly, "Steve's Photo Album" on his website only has pictures of animals. For some reason I find myself disappointed that a website for a children's wildlife show doesn't have shirtless photos of its host.

Posted by: burnssuit | Jan 9, 2007 4:47:01 PM

7. He's stripped to the waist because he's so HOT!

Makes me want to go camping

Posted by: jessejames | Jan 9, 2007 5:02:54 PM

8. Butterface?

Posted by: Je | Jan 9, 2007 5:07:14 PM

9. He may yet have a while to go before those pecs can repel a stingray's barb.

Posted by: 000000 | Jan 9, 2007 5:18:49 PM

10. Absolute butterface, but a little fur on the pecs goes a long way.

And that stomach is just orgasmic.

I have already recovered from my indignation over the gay bashing in the previous post. See how the gay man works? This is bad.

Posted by: jeff | Jan 9, 2007 5:29:09 PM

11. ...is time well spent!

Posted by: anon | Jan 9, 2007 5:44:09 PM

12. ooooooo Mary, he can sit on my face any ol time! Whoooooooeeeee... better yet gimme a bottle of poppers and an hour... spread open those cheeks babe 'cause it's lunch time!

Posted by: miss dna | Jan 9, 2007 6:01:28 PM

13. He looks a little like Ken Ryker in these shots at least. Now that would be a children's show I'd watch.

Posted by: mdc | Jan 9, 2007 6:23:04 PM

14. Thanks for the heads up. I already get hot n bothered watching Bear Grylls on "Man vs Wild" - you should do a post just about him.

Posted by: MP | Jan 9, 2007 6:36:38 PM

15. Yep - Steve Backshall is HOT.

Does anyone remember Troy Dann?

Troy Dann was the host of "Outback Adventures" back in 1996.

This Steve guy reminds me of him.

Troy Dann was always shirtless on his show and what a great physique (w/hair!) LOL.

I beleive he has his own fitness web site now.

Ah, the memories I have of "Outback Adventures"...sigh.

QTC

Posted by: QueerTwo Cents | Jan 10, 2007 1:52:28 AM

16. I can't help but notice that the UK has some supremely hot male hosts of kids' shows...hosts who aren't afraid to show skin. Check out Gethin Jones, one of the hosts of Blue Peter: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/bluepeter/presenters/

Posted by: JT | Jan 10, 2007 8:54:03 AM

17. Wow, JT, I am in love with Gethin now... Thank you! And all this time I had been just getting by with the mediocre good looks of the Kratt Brothers : )

Why does Gethin take off his shirt so much? I have no idea but I sure as hell am not going to complain that he's lifting weights and in a lockerroom in front of a camera. Look to his jeans when he's talking to the camera in the Nov 15 post...am i just imagining that?

Posted by: GBM | Jan 10, 2007 10:19:44 AM

18. I'm not versed in Looks-Assassination, can someone tell me what "butterface" means? I'll hold off on my rant about how some gays focus on a beautiful man's flaws first before complimenting the rest of him.

I thought Bear Grylls had a nice body but this bloke... WOW.

Anyone ever see the zoologist who got close to the wild lions, Dave Salmoni? He is the hunkiest combination of handsome boyish good looks and gym-built physique. I couldn't take my eyes off him. And he managed to get his shirt off a couple of times too during his show. These guys know what they're doing!

Posted by: mark m | Jan 10, 2007 10:32:10 AM

19. Check out Bear as he gets bear-naked to show how to survive a fall through the ice:

HOTT!

Posted by: Ekay | Jan 10, 2007 12:38:01 PM

20. I saw this when it was on here in the UK and it was a pretty good programme but Steve made it even better. It's a shame they didn't show it in hidef :)

Posted by: Dixon | Jan 10, 2007 1:23:37 PM

21. Mark, "Butterface" means "but her face" (i.e. nice body but ugly). Can't say I agree. And thanks for the rest of the links and suggestions guys! Some very attractive men.

Posted by: EireKev | Jan 10, 2007 1:56:37 PM

22. Can't breathe... must reach albuterol inhaler...

Posted by: Brian | Jan 10, 2007 2:49:42 PM

23. Hey Andy, get rid of this link to spy ware on your web site. Just terrible.

This link is embedded on the pages of this site:

Posted by: Rich | Jan 10, 2007 4:15:26 PM

24. I have to say I cannot STAND foppish gay men who immediately go for the 'butterface' or 'gayface' comments then cheerfully compliment the rest of the guy's body. As if they're god's gift to men! Some of you mary's really need to come down a peg or two.

You WISH you could get this guy. Plus he is really nice. A genuine good guy who works hard for the programmes he makes.

Posted by: EM | Jan 10, 2007 4:16:56 PM

25. just in case you want more...

Posted by: Dixon | Jan 10, 2007 4:23:39 PM