Ann Coulter | Chris Dodd | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Election 2008 | Eric Alva | Gay Slurs | Las Vegas | Military | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

BigGayDeal.com

Towleroad Guide to the Tube: #99

ERIC ALVA: The recently out Iraq war veteran talks to Paula Zahn.

SENATOR CHRIS DODD: The Presidential hopeful calls for the end of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

IMPLOSION: The Las Vegas Stardust Hotel is now just dust.

JOHN EDWARDS: Talks about General Peter Pace on The Situation Room.

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here!

Comments

1. I have to say this. Why was Eric Alva picked to lead a group of soldiers into Iraq? He was in the first Humvee. I think they picked him because he is gay. They wanted him to take the brunt of whatever the Iraqis had and he did, he lost a leg. I salute you Eric, you are an amazing and courageous man.

The F word response video was taken down by the user.

Posted by: Jack! | Mar 16, 2007 10:19:41 AM

2. I forgot.

When Ann Coulter said that slur it was news for 1 day. She hasn't apoligized and probably never apoligize. The media has let her go.

When Rosie O'Donnell inadverently said a racial slur (ching-chong) it was news for 10 days. She did apoligize 3 times.

Another example of how gay people are treated.

Posted by: Jack! | Mar 16, 2007 10:28:26 AM

3. Paula Zahn is such a hack. Consistantly she does a disservice to every real journalist around. A dense bint like her can only conjure up soft and idiotic questions. She should be demoted to serve up local news about cows in Omaha.

... or better yet, Faux.

Posted by: alex King | Mar 16, 2007 10:39:38 AM

4. I wish Mr. Alva the greatest success in his new career as a public speaker, but for all our sakes, someone please get him a speaking coach, NOW!

To your point,Jack!, although I agree in some respects, it would seem that Rosie O'Donnell is a far higher level celebrity than Anne Coulter will ever be in her niche microcosm. Down the road and for a while, after we've all had our fun and collective expressions of anger and disgust with the Coulter garbage, Rosie will still be making millions while Ann will be trying desperately to peddle her latest trash with whatever book company that thinks they can use her to make a stink somewhere else. I didn't get to see the video, so I don't know what was said, but remember, a tick is an insect with the ability to cause great damage, even death, but if removed early and destroyed, will no longer have the ability to inflict its damage. Ann Coulter is just another blood sucker looking for a host, and it would seem the news agencies have been immunized once again.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Mar 16, 2007 10:40:17 AM

5. Since Google and Youtube just got sued by Viacom for $1 billion dolllars for copyright infringement, are we going to have the Towleroad Guide to the Non-Copyrighted Tube.

Posted by: Matt | Mar 16, 2007 10:45:25 AM

6. Sorry guys. Replaced the F word video with the Edwards one.

Posted by: andy | Mar 16, 2007 11:30:36 AM

7. Once again, John Edwards proves that he's intelligent without underlying pragmatism, has integrity (perhaps that is redundant), and does not defer when asked a direct question. I'm far more able to trust an individual who can plainly state his reality and belief system to me than anyone who caters to and kisses the ass of a lobby group that misguides people for its own political agenda. To Wolf Blitzer's credit, this was a precision interview. This is what the American public, gay and straight and any number of variations in between should be seeing, not waffling statistical analysis and sideshow politics.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Mar 16, 2007 12:33:49 PM

8. "Stardust memories...!" Just heard that again the other night.

Posted by: anon | Mar 16, 2007 1:25:13 PM

9. Bravo, John Edwards. What a refreshing interview and what a stark difference to Clinton and Obama, who can't (or won't) give a straight answer about what they believe. I'm thinking about breaking out my checkbook for the Edwards campaign. Thanks, Andy, for highlighting Edwards' statements.

Posted by: Brandon | Mar 16, 2007 1:48:24 PM

10. I know what you mean about Paula Zhan Alex, but I still like her.

And I like John Edwards, but I wasn't convinced by his performance in this interview. He was not firm and direct enough, considering the circumstances. For instance: he failed to acknowledge the work the HRC has done, when it's truly Joe Solmonese's actions that took care of Ann Coulter. It certainly wasn't because he stood up to her that she shrunk back to where she started! I would think he would be angrier, especially after the likes of Donahue got his blogger fired for no good reason, but he didn't give it to them.
    Here's my personal rule: when your adversary makes such an obvious, immoral mistake: rub it into their faces!!.. highlight it, use it, and put them in a position where they have to fight back to reclaim their moral standing..especially when your adversary is a group who uses "morality" as a tactic to take out the competition.

Posted by: Da | Mar 16, 2007 5:48:01 PM

11. I don't know how to handle John Edwards.

I mean, is he actually being honest? If he were president, how would Washington handle honesty?

For christ's sake, he makes my life so difficult!

Posted by: damien | Mar 16, 2007 9:26:06 PM