Annie Leibovitz | Fashion Men | John Mayer | News

BigGayDeal.com

John Mayer Falls into The Gap

John_mayer

John Mayer has rented out his tattooed arms and sultry gaze for The Gap in a minimalist campaign from Annie Leibovitz which will reportedly feature 11 other personalities including Sarah Silverman, Lucy Liu, and Ken Watanabe.

No word on whether The Queen has taken part, but with capes and crowns not in this season, the line is most likely not 'dressy' enough for HM.

You may have missed...
Now John Mayer Chimes in on Isaiah Washington [tr]

Comments

1. Sometimes I just can't decide if he's cute or not! I think this pic he is...

Posted by: Michael Cabina | Jul 25, 2007 10:03:47 AM

2. Memo to John Mayer: You are NOT River Phoenix, dude!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jul 25, 2007 10:20:20 AM

3. Andy, FYI: The Queen is NOT HRH. She is HM.

Posted by: Winston | Jul 25, 2007 10:24:34 AM

4. thanks for the correction Winston - noted -

Posted by: andy | Jul 25, 2007 10:30:33 AM

5. the only thing falling into the GAP is their stock !
    maybe if the GAP is on such a tailspin they should feature the actual clothing just a tad... perhaps even appear as if the clothes are actually worth something. this advert shows absolute no confidence in their clothes.
    unless of course they just want their consumers to continue only buying the markdowns... no one is paying full price... must say, those $24 Tshirts aren't bad at $6.99.

Posted by: A.J. | Jul 25, 2007 10:31:54 AM

6. Thank God he's cleaned himself up. He was looking really mangy there for awhile.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jul 25, 2007 10:56:17 AM

7. Who cares about the clothes! He can fall into my gap anytime ;-)

Posted by: JB | Jul 25, 2007 11:23:03 AM

8. "Sultry gaze"? More like baked-out-of-his-mind gaze.

Posted by: Frank L | Jul 25, 2007 11:28:47 AM

9. Eekk! Gross... Grab the Lysol!
    Kill the Jessica Simpson cooties!

And he is trying to channel River Phoenix it seems (but isn't nearly as cute)

Posted by: Jordan | Jul 25, 2007 11:54:10 AM

10. He's unconventionally good looking, but many think he's ugly. He's too young to remember River Phoenix I should imagine.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jul 25, 2007 12:25:16 PM

11. I don't think he's ugly. He's got hot lips.

As for being too young to remember River. I'm not old enough either, but with the internet now, there's no excuse to be out of the loop of knowledge. He could even rent "My Own Private Idaho" as far as that goes.

Posted by: Jordan | Jul 25, 2007 12:40:40 PM

12. I saw him perform last night at the PNC Art Center in NJ. He was awesome. Came across as very real and down-to-earth and a hell of a guitar player. A good time was had by all. This guy is going to be around for a long time.

Posted by: Jake | Jul 25, 2007 12:51:47 PM

13. "too young to remember River Phoenix."

Now I feel old. But also, River Phoenix died 14 years ago and I'm sure Mr. Mayer is older than 14. Phoenix has a cult following as well so I'm sure Mayer could have been inspired by him.

Posted by: db | Jul 25, 2007 1:01:49 PM

14. He's going to be 30 this year. So if was 15 when RP died he might remember, but I don't think the sense of loss would have been the same.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Jul 26, 2007 2:02:27 AM

15. Who knew he was so buff!?!!!!!!

Posted by: Lou | Jul 26, 2007 6:08:25 AM