John Mayer Falls into The Gap

John_mayer

John Mayer has rented out his tattooed arms and sultry gaze for The Gap in a minimalist campaign from Annie Leibovitz which will reportedly feature 11 other personalities including Sarah Silverman, Lucy Liu, and Ken Watanabe.

No word on whether The Queen has taken part, but with capes and crowns not in this season, the line is most likely not ‘dressy’ enough for HM.

You may have missed…
Now John Mayer Chimes in on Isaiah Washington [tr]

Comments

1. says

the only thing falling into the GAP is their stock !
    maybe if the GAP is on such a tailspin they should feature the actual clothing just a tad… perhaps even appear as if the clothes are actually worth something. this advert shows absolute no confidence in their clothes.
    unless of course they just want their consumers to continue only buying the markdowns… no one is paying full price… must say, those $24 Tshirts aren’t bad at $6.99.

2. Jordan says

Eekk! Gross… Grab the Lysol!
    Kill the Jessica Simpson cooties!

And he is trying to channel River Phoenix it seems (but isn’t nearly as cute)

3. Jordan says

I don’t think he’s ugly. He’s got hot lips.

As for being too young to remember River. I’m not old enough either, but with the internet now, there’s no excuse to be out of the loop of knowledge. He could even rent “My Own Private Idaho” as far as that goes.

4. Jake says

I saw him perform last night at the PNC Art Center in NJ. He was awesome. Came across as very real and down-to-earth and a hell of a guitar player. A good time was had by all. This guy is going to be around for a long time.

5. db says

“too young to remember River Phoenix.”

Now I feel old. But also, River Phoenix died 14 years ago and I’m sure Mr. Mayer is older than 14. Phoenix has a cult following as well so I’m sure Mayer could have been inspired by him.

6. anon (gmail.com) says

He’s going to be 30 this year. So if was 15 when RP died he might remember, but I don’t think the sense of loss would have been the same.