Election 2008 | Evangelical Christians | JAmes Dobson | Larry Craig | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Max Blumenthal Reports from the Values Voters Summit

Lou

Another great report from Max Blumenthal of the Huffington Post.

Blumenthal writes: "If anything, the movement seemed more extreme and paranoid than it did four years ago. Rev. Lou Sheldon, dubbed 'Lucky Louie' by his former paymaster Jack Abramoff, told me that homosexuality is a 'pathological disorder' and 'a groove' that is difficult to escape from. He proceeded to passionately defend his friend, Senator Larry Craig, from allegations of homosexuality."

And much, much more. A must-watch, along with Blumenthal's commentary.

Theocracy Now: In Search of Values at the 2007 Value Voters Summit [huffington post]
(via AmericaBlog)

More Blumenthal...
Max Blumenthal: Tom Delay Ready for the Rapture [tr]
A Visit to the College Republican National Convention [tr]

Comments

1. I don't understand these people and don't want to. They are truly out of touch with reality. I suppose being actively ignorant is the only way they can live with all the ugly lies they tell.

Posted by: sam | Oct 30, 2007 10:25:23 AM

2. It was a sad day indeed when the lions were retired.

Posted by: Jeff | Oct 30, 2007 10:42:35 AM

3. If Max Blumenthal showed up on my front door and asked me to marry him I would do so in a red-hot minute. Damn, I love him.

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 30, 2007 11:57:01 AM

4. These people should be quarantined in a zoo. The sad thing is the bible tells me to love them anyway.

Posted by: DC Arnold | Oct 30, 2007 1:00:57 PM

5. I wonder if these people have a person like Max Blumenthal who shows up at liberal events and does this? I bet it would be fun to watch.

Posted by: Matt | Oct 30, 2007 1:59:19 PM

6. Lou Sheldon came to stanford for a "debate" on same-sex marriage a while back. at the time i was disappointed they didn't invite someone more qualified to debate (not recognizing that debate-savvy marriage-opposers are probably hard to find). the high point of the evening was when an audience member asked Sheldon if he knew what the difference was between correlation and causation (because he was referencing studies of marriage rates in scandinavia). Sheldon responded, "...what?"

Posted by: le_sacre | Oct 30, 2007 2:26:56 PM