News | Rosie O'Donnell | Television

BigGayDeal.com

Rosie O'Donnell Coming to MSNBC?

Rosie O'Donnell, who has suggested on her blog that she may soon be competing with Larry King, may indeed be coming to prime time with her own cable talk show on MSNBC:

Rosie_photobooth"Under one scenario, Ms. O’Donnell would be given the 9 p.m. slot each weeknight on MSNBC, where she would go head-to-head with two heavyweights of cable talk: 'Larry King Live' on CNN and 'Hannity & Colmes' on Fox News. Her show would replace 'Live with Dan Abrams,' a relatively low-rated program that only recently replaced 'Scarborough Country,' which was also little-watched."

Executives speaking anonymously have cautioned that talks are in the early stages, however.

And the New York Times wonders if Rosie's entrance marks a shift to the left for the network prompted by the success of Countdown with Keith Olbermann. A network honcho denies any agenda, however.

Said NBC News Senior VP Phil Griffin: "It happened naturally. There isn’t a dogma we’re putting through. There is a 'Go for it.'"

Comments

1. I know this is the worst comment to make... but Dan Abrams is SO cute... his show can't be replaced!!

Posted by: gabriel | Nov 6, 2007 10:13:28 AM

2. Am I the only one who is tired of Rosie? She used to be funny, when she did stand-up comedy, but I can't stand to look at her now. Her talk show was crap - grow up, girl!

It seems that Rosie is famous for being famous. We've already got too many of those as is it. I wish her luck, but I also wish that she'd just go away for a while.

Posted by: Jonathon | Nov 6, 2007 10:42:05 AM

3. Good God No! I can't stand her! Rosie just retire and go away! Nobody cares what you have to say!

P.S. Dan Abrams is cute. His mouth intrigues me ;)

Posted by: Bud | Nov 6, 2007 11:17:27 AM

4. I'm not sure bipolar people can hold a job for that long...

Posted by: ubu | Nov 6, 2007 11:23:21 AM

5. Rosie has done so much for gay people. She constantly spoke up about gay rights on "The View," including saying that gay people are BORN gay and that it isn't a choice. She also has the wonderful "R Family" vacations for gays and gay families. Plus, she was one of the few Hollywood gay people who had the guts to get married during the short time it was legal.

We should be very grateful to her and say, "Thank you, Rosie."

Posted by: Hollywood Dave | Nov 6, 2007 11:31:53 AM

6. Love her

Posted by: Davey | Nov 6, 2007 11:45:40 AM

7. Hallelujah, Rosie! I would only hate it because instead of turning off Olbermann when Abrams comes on, I'd have to stay tuned in for O'Donnell from time to time.

She has an incredible gift for bringing important issues to the forefront and I don't want her to ever go away - even when she occasionally annoys me. Thoughtful people provoke from the heart and never in a mean-spirited way.

As for Abrams - I often thought he wasn't bad-looking but after his giggling during Tucker Carlson's lie about beating up a fag who allegedly came onto him, he has become an ugly little man to me.

Posted by: Rey | Nov 6, 2007 11:51:43 AM

8. WRONG place for her.

While I have supported her right as an entertainer/commedian/talk show host to speak her mind freely and ofter agreed--except for her bigoted opionion on "mannys"-
    last time I looked this was a news organization.

Also, she has not shown the ability to do the WORK.
    She is lazy, and just doesn't have the stamina to do a 4 or 5 show a week gig where she is the lone anchor.
    She herself says this.
    Which is one reason she took the job on The View.
    If I were NBC I would think twice in investing money in this contract.

Posted by: annon | Nov 6, 2007 12:10:21 PM

9. If she can get on the air while the writers strike is on, she can and will capture a large audience. Love her or hate her, people love the controversy.

Posted by: Johnny Lane | Nov 6, 2007 6:53:50 PM

10. Rosie used to be funny, she used to be entertaining, she used to do a lot for our community, she used to...she used to...she used to...now she needs to get well and take care of her family. She DOES NOT have the ability to work a full time job. Accept it Rosie and get well. Come back when you are ready, and you are not ready now!

Posted by: Tim | Nov 6, 2007 9:27:29 PM

11. Yes - Dan Abrams is a fox! There is something about him that definitely gets me cranking (Betting he is naughty in the bed). But seriously, I am tired of Rosie O'Donnell flapping her jowls like any one really cares. Big mouth.

Posted by: TyInTenn | Nov 6, 2007 9:37:55 PM