Calvin Klein | Fashion Men | Italy | Joe Oppedisano | Magazines | Models | News | Ryan Daharsh | Underwear | Uomo Collezioni

BigGayDeal.com

EXCLUSIVE: Joe Oppedisano Celebrates the Calvin Klein Man

Jo1

Here's a sunny treat for this gray day (at least in NYC) — a spread from photographer Joe Oppedisano that you can find in the new issue of Italian fashion publication Collezioni Uomo.

Says Joe of the shoot: "It's not really a fashion spread as much as it is a special celebration of Calvin Klein's 25th anniversary as the man who made underwear fashion. Before that there was no such thing as designer underwear, and when he launched, it really turned fashion upside down. The ads were incredible, and the billboard of Jeff Aquilon by Bruce Weber in Times Square revolutionized fashion and liberated and brought sex right into everyone's home. (and male beauty, which before was hidden by suits)."

Jo2 Jo3

Joe adds: "We shot it at the Rivington Hotel Penthouse (which is unbelievable) in one long day. We were very lucky because it was cloudy and rainy in the morning and then after my lights caught fire and I had to run out and get a new set, the sun came out and gave us really spectacular and interesting backdrops of the city."

Jo4_2

Much more, AFTER THE JUMP...

Jo5 Jo6

Jo9

Jo7 Jo8

Jo10

Jo11

Some of you may recognize model Ryan Daharsh (first and last image) from previous appearances on our site.

You can check out more of Joe's beautiful work at his website (some images NSFW).

Joe Oppedisano [official site - NSFW]

You may have missed...
Janice Dickinson and Her Go Softwear Harem [tr]
Armani Exchange Announces Winner of Underwear Model Search [tr]
First Look: David Beckham for Emporio Armani Underwear [tr]
Steven Klein's Prison Bitches Come Alive for C-in2 [tr]
Tom Brady and the Art of the Bulging Brief [tr]
Djimon Hounsou: The Man of Steel for Calvin Klein [tr]

Comments

1. Nice big feet. I'm gettin' freaky in my old age, and I don't care.

Posted by: Derrick from PHilly | Jan 14, 2008 1:43:45 PM

2. No disrespect to the flawless Jeff Aquilon, but Olympic pole vaulter Tom Hintnaus was Weber's muse and model for the original Calvin Klein underwear campaign (and the Times Square billboard).

Posted by: 24play | Jan 14, 2008 1:57:57 PM

3. That first blond, Ryan, is spectacular! The package is nice as well. Thanks Andy, it's pretty gray here too.

Posted by: secretagentman | Jan 14, 2008 2:04:28 PM

4. Give me a real man anyday over these plucked/shaved/coiffed/anorexic eunuchs.

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 14, 2008 2:16:19 PM

5. tho I prefer a little more beef and some color this is more like it, not those emaciated italians from before, you'd think with all that pasta those kids could put on a few pounds...

Posted by: the queen | Jan 14, 2008 2:24:34 PM

6. "pluck/shaved/coiffed/anorexic eunuchs."

"...a little more beef and some color."

Yeah, but they still got big sexy feet. A few years ago there was a guy who seemed interested in me. We were sexually compatible, I guess. The problem was he wore a size 9 just like me. It ruined the romance. I don't like confusion--puttin' on some other guys bedroom slipprs. Everyone has their own scent. Got to be an eleven atleast. The other size doesn't matter...well...

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 14, 2008 2:44:41 PM

7. can we petition the gay mafia to declare that a little chest hair is not a bad thing? the sculpted look is great, but i'm starting to be more and more repulsed by the hairlessness. i think it's time for a paradigm shift.

Posted by: humanist | Jan 14, 2008 2:52:37 PM

8. JORDAN? Where are you? You're not turning green or anything, are you, darlin'? You can handle a little competition from some "durn" foreigners. JORDAN, speak up?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jan 14, 2008 3:17:30 PM

9. Humanist, I'm not sure the gay mafia is to blame. Guys who work out a lot tend to shave a lot, the better to show the outcome of their efforts. (Who knows what sexuality these models are, though I do realize that gay photographers, stylists, and other fashion people have a strong influence on how they look.) I agree that the homogeneous approach can get a little tired, but I certainly wouldn't kick any of these guys out of bed!

Posted by: Paul | Jan 14, 2008 3:21:18 PM

10. Ahh… greasy she-males wearing children’s and women’s underwear. Those Italians really know what’s hot.

Posted by: ggreen | Jan 14, 2008 3:27:52 PM

11. I'm here....just been out shopping.

They're hot! (tho' some of the briefs are way too big for me...I like 'em skimpy)

I feel no competition...I'm just as cute...tho I wish I was as tan ;)

Posted by: Jordan | Jan 14, 2008 4:36:51 PM

12. the models look like insects.

Posted by: A.J. | Jan 14, 2008 11:59:07 PM

13. I could have a moment right now. These guys are hot!!!!

Posted by: Benjamin | Jan 16, 2008 1:02:55 AM