Barack Obama | Bill clinton | Election 2008 | Film | Janet Jackson | Mike Huckabee | Music Video | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Towleroad Guide to the Tube #222

FEEDBACK: Janet Jackson's first new video in years. The flying from planet to planet is so Super Mario Galaxy.

RADICAL CLERIC: The latest creation of Max Blumenthal and Thomas Shomaker.

BILL CLINTON: The former pres. on the attack, going after what he calls the Obama "fairy tale".

SHELTER: Clip from the gay surf romance coming to theaters in March 2008, starring Brad Rowe and Trevor Wright.

Check out our previous guides to the Tube here

Comments

1. Very disappointing to see Clinton attack Obama like that. His argument has already been debunked on CNN and MSNBC (Bill is taking everything out of context). I've lost a lot of respect from him over the last few days...

Posted by: Nate | Jan 8, 2008 6:24:30 PM

2. The predicament for Hillary is that a lot of people already think she's a bitch, so if she attacks Obama like that, it just reinforces that idea. But, having your husband do it for you isn't any better, and even worse; throwing out accusations of hidden memos no one has seen seems like dirty tricks.

I agree with Bill on the whole Ken Starr thing, an incredible waste of money, but damn, he brings that up all the time, and conveniently leaves out the shitty things he DID do, just focuses on what the probe got wrong.

Posted by: lee | Jan 8, 2008 6:25:57 PM

3. Brad Rowe is hot.

Posted by: PistolPetey | Jan 8, 2008 6:36:51 PM

4. I like Janet's new video! Hott!

Posted by: timothy | Jan 8, 2008 6:48:10 PM

5. God, Janet sounds more and more like Britney. Not the other way around! That's the irony!

Posted by: Shabaka | Jan 8, 2008 6:51:15 PM

6. Janet, you be nice and give Cindy Wilson her hair back right now!

Posted by: Be 50 to U too | Jan 8, 2008 6:54:29 PM

7. Pistolpetey,

You may recall Brad Rowe as the hottie from Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss. He's certainly aging well.

Timothy (but not the Janet fan above)

Posted by: Timothy | Jan 8, 2008 7:01:56 PM

8. I've loved Brad Rowe since Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss, perfect. I knew then that Sean Hayes, also in that flick, was one of us, this was pre-Will & Grace fame.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Jan 8, 2008 7:02:57 PM

9. the new janet video is great, i like it

Posted by: Dave | Jan 8, 2008 7:06:04 PM

10. Is this the best the Clinton's can do?

Thanks for the links, Andy.

Posted by: Roger Newcomb | Jan 8, 2008 7:08:16 PM

11. SHELTER will then play exclusively on here! networks. You can keep up with the latest at the official myspace page -www.myspace.com/shelterathere

Posted by: Matt | Jan 8, 2008 7:59:46 PM

12. What we are seeing is the implosion of the Establishment candidate's sense of entitlement and inevitability. Looks like Bubba is really losing it (metaphorically speaking) as his wife is losing the nomination. The nomination of Obama would be a two-fer: (1) selection of the candidate of genuine hope and of the future; and (2) permanently shutting down the Clintons.

Posted by: rudy | Jan 8, 2008 8:15:56 PM

13. Janet's song and sound are tired and generic.
    Her voice is sooo over processed I could be singing this. She's a creature of production.
    What's hot about a plastic, tired pop star past her "sell-by" date?

Posted by: busytimmy | Jan 8, 2008 8:19:40 PM

14. I've seen that "Shelter" movie, and I find it... acceptable.

Posted by: Marc in Chicago | Jan 8, 2008 8:37:09 PM

15. I've seen "Shelter" as well, and found it to be an absolutely marvelous film. I've been waiting for a theatrical run and I'm glad to see it's finally happening. Hope it gets to DVD quickly too because I don't get Here where I live.

Posted by: Mr ROBOTO | Jan 8, 2008 9:35:58 PM

16. JIMMYBOYO? Where are you?

Posted by: nic | Jan 9, 2008 1:23:19 AM

17. Looks like the "establishment" is still going as Senator Clinton takes NH.

"The Clinton era" isn't over yet. I guess people shouldn't plan the funeral before the body dies.

Sadly it's early in the morning and no Obama supporters are here. I love me some Barack although I am voting for Hillary, but his supporters...

Smug much? Enjoy your crow breakfast this morning.

Posted by: Marco | Jan 9, 2008 4:10:36 AM

18. MARCO,

LOL. "Enjoy your crow..." LOL.

i luvs obama too, but i prefer hillary. she's paid her dues. x-repug NH gov. sununu famously said, "Iowa picks corn, New Hampshire picks presidents."

let's hope that holds true.

Posted by: nic | Jan 9, 2008 6:02:49 AM

19. ANDY,

i'm surprised and disapointed that perezhilton.com had news about the NH primary results while you were apparently asleep. perez does not consider himself a serious voice in politics, but i gather that you DO consider yourself someone who has his finger on the pulse of gay interests of all sorts, especially politics as it pertains to gays.

the results of the NH primary may well prove to be of historical import. where were you?

Posted by: nic | Jan 9, 2008 7:51:25 AM

20. I should think that most Towleroad readers know the results of the primary in NH before reading Andy's site. Towleroad features politics and policy every day, in one form or another, so don't slag Andy for not opening today's news with NH results.

Posted by: liamog | Jan 9, 2008 8:32:23 AM

21. While I am disappointed that Janet's voice sounds sooo processed (even though she doesn't have a great voice, she's still never resorted to so much digitization), the song and video are really growing on me. It's great to finally see a music video director who knows how to properly film choreography.

And I saw "Shelter" a while ago and really liked it. It's so much more than just a gay coming-out film. I would definitely see it in a theater.

Posted by: Donny B | Jan 9, 2008 10:44:03 AM

22. Hey, thanks so much for a plug on my film, SHELTER!!

I love that we're in the same post as Obama and Clinton!

Anyway, keep up the gay work.

Peace,

JD

Posted by: JD | Jan 17, 2008 12:35:33 AM

23. Hey, thanks so much for a plug on my film, SHELTER!!

I love that we're in the same post as Obama and Clinton!

Anyway, keep up the gay work.

Peace,