Grooming | Harrison Ford | Nature | News

Harrison Ford Gets Chest Wax to Feel the Pain of the Forests

Ford

This just may be the first time I've seen a celebrity use depilation to raise awareness about the environment.

Access Hollywood reports: "In an effort to showcase the pain involved in deforestation, Harrison willingly subject himself to the painful process of stripping his chest of all its follicles. Having worked with Conservation International for 15 years, it was Harrison’s hope that his trip to the salon might just shock people into thinking 'green.'"

If he's going to go this route, I think a "Boyzilian" would probably offer more shock value. Also, where are the "after" shots? Not that I'm looking forward to seeing Indiana Jones be stripped bare, but let's see it rip.

UPDATE: Here's the video...

I'm still not convinced that this trip to the salon is gonna save any trees but can we all agree Harrison Ford at 65 is still looking mighty fine?

One more shot, AFTER THE JUMP...

Ford2

Comments

1. Calista hit the jackpot.

Posted by: sam | Apr 25, 2008 9:43:52 AM

2. Dear Mr. Ford,
    Wow, have you opened my eyes. After watching your amazing sacrifice of having your chest hair removed, I am pledging to change my ways.
    Because of you, I am not only going green, but also feeding the homeless, adopting babies from as many countries as possible and single-handedly rebuilding Katrina-ravaged New Orleans.
    Oh and one more thing, you've inspired me to start my own charity. I call it "Lets Help Celebrities Realize They Are Not As Important as They Like to Think." Perhaps you'd like to make a donation. Something meaningful that will change the world.
    A pubic hair, perhaps?

Posted by: tominjersey | Apr 25, 2008 10:03:59 AM

3. *bowing to Tom in Jersey*

Well said, sir.

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | Apr 25, 2008 10:36:37 AM

4. Uh-oh. If depilation of perfectly good body hair is the key to saving the environment, I'm gonna have to say, "Screw green, chop and pave!"

It seems like preserving chest hair would be more metaphorically apt and environmentally friendly anyway, wouldn't it?

Posted by: Ernie | Apr 25, 2008 10:51:36 AM

5. Ernie, the way I see it, the metaphor works in that chest hair, like the trees in the rainforest, may occasionally be trimmed a bit, but to remove them completely is a violent act against nature.

Posted by: Rey | Apr 25, 2008 11:16:17 AM

6. You're right, of course, Rey. I was so violently disturbed by the chest hair removal, my metaphors got all mixed up. But, still, I think it's only fair that once Harrison saves the rainforest with this brave and noble gesture, we should, in the interest of keeping the metaphor going, be shown the preserved chest forests of as many men as possible. ;-)

Posted by: Ernie | Apr 25, 2008 11:27:07 AM

7. Harrison Ford cracks me up. He has a sense of humor where he just does funny things and I think most people miss it, while he laughs in his head. And I laugh too. Oh, yes, they call that wit! I love that guy.

Posted by: Ryan | Apr 25, 2008 12:00:12 PM

8. His face is craggy and hideous.

Posted by: Larry | Apr 25, 2008 12:32:37 PM

9. TO Larry- lets see your face at 65- I'll bet your body does not look as good, and your face not as good at whatever age you are. Thats right Larry- lets go so gay- be hateful about the mans looks without have to show you own. Sad and bitter you are.

As for Tom in Jersey- hillarious and to the point, you know how to line the attact in the the right way- from the point at which it came. See Larry, Tom does not attack the mans looks. Sad Larry, hating, funny Tom laughing.

Posted by: John In Texas | Apr 25, 2008 12:47:02 PM

10. Wow. Remember Harrison Ford?

Would he be doing this if he didn't have an INDIANA JONES flick to promote?

Posted by: Roscoe | Apr 25, 2008 1:02:22 PM

11. Waxing does hurt like a mother. That's why I'm always drunk and on painkillers when I have it done.

Posted by: Chad | Apr 25, 2008 1:16:37 PM

12. Oh Indy..
    How I love you. You got me through some lonely times as a teenager, and even though I'm in a happy marriage, I would leave my husband in a heartbeat if you asked me to. We've had some ups and downs but I'm still loyal to you. But deep down, I know it would never work. After all the differences we have ideologically, not to mention my intense dislike for Senator Clinton that would mesh horribly with your friendship with her.. we'd never survive. In spite of that, I still love you. Leave the waxing to the metrosexuals, hun.
    Sincerely,
    Minako
    P.S. Thank you for Indiana Jones 4. I was unexpected unexcited when I first heard about it. Please make it good. If it sucks, we might have to break up.

(hahaha)

Posted by: Minako | Apr 29, 2008 7:17:30 PM

13. JEEZ, this is ALMOST as good as George Bush giving up frigging GOLF for the duration of 'the war'.

Posted by: tom | May 22, 2008 12:37:27 PM