Anderson Cooper | News

Anderson Cooper Gives His Date a Scalp Massage

Cooper1

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper met up with some old friends at the 6th Annual Sesame Workshop Benefit Gala at Cipriani in Manhattan last night and gave his date a public scalp massage. Jealous, anyone?

Cooper2

Comments

1. um, is he balding on the side? I hope not because he would be completely over. His type of look can't afford to be bald. The plus side being he could probably come out.

Posted by: Closer Look | May 29, 2008 9:48:11 AM

2. No, I see a thick head of blue fur on Grover.

*rolls eyes*

Posted by: Rey | May 29, 2008 10:05:37 AM

3. That damn muppet!

Posted by: Sean | May 29, 2008 10:14:15 AM

4. That damn muppet!

Posted by: Sean | May 29, 2008 10:14:53 AM

5. That damn muppet!

Posted by: Sean | May 29, 2008 10:15:54 AM

6. Y'all know I don't like rich people ('cause I aint one), but I am impressed with "old money folks". The great grandson of Conelius Vanderbilt...my my my. What you think, Bill Perdue?

His mother had him when she was 43 years old? He does seem to have a very old gay soul, doesn't he?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 29, 2008 10:49:07 AM

7. He's not aging all that well, alas. The second photo is weirdly cropped, making it hard to tell if that's really his arm.

Posted by: anon | May 29, 2008 11:42:46 AM

8. I like Grover's brightly-colored Nehru jacket. It was a risky choice, but he pulls it off.

Posted by: Joe | May 29, 2008 11:54:49 AM

9. He's not aging well. I've seen him a coupla times at David Barton gym in NY and he looks kinda puny and saggy. The albino thing does not hold up well over time. And yes, he does appear to be thinning on the sides in the pic. But then he's over 40 so what can u do?

Posted by: Going Dowhhill Rapidly | May 29, 2008 12:07:46 PM

10. Lucky blue fuzzy monster! Maybe Anderson's into colored fuzz. I'm sure there are plenty of us who would gladly pay a visit to the colorist to make that happen.

Posted by: GayListDaily.com | May 29, 2008 12:15:02 PM

11. Don't give a flying fuck about the chronological age of someone this overrated in every department [looks; brains; "journalist" cred]. It's his public closet cowardice that got old lonnnnnng ago.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | May 29, 2008 1:01:06 PM

12. I'm always in the minority on this, but I like Anderson and still thinks he looks pretty good for a guy his age.

Posted by: Nate | May 29, 2008 1:26:32 PM

13. Michael, yet, you take the time to post a comment. Hmmmm. I knew it wouldn't take long for the gay police to come out and demand Anderson pronounce his gayness to the world. You seem to be a miserable person. Oh, and someone coming out isn't any of your damn business.

Posted by: DavidT | May 29, 2008 1:45:00 PM

14. I'll dress up like a Muppet if Andy will scratch my head! Then I'll let him play with Big Bird!

Posted by: Jack | May 29, 2008 1:47:40 PM

15. DAVIDT: Welcome to The Anderson Part Of The Problem Not Part Of The Solution Cooper Club. Meetings are every third Thursday [remember: don't wear green] of the month in a dark closet in the basement of CNN headquarters. Knock three times. Password: Chickenwing.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | May 29, 2008 1:58:12 PM

16. Just because he is not at this time playing the part you want him to play in the cause and doing it the way you think he should does not make him part of the problem. People contribute in different ways.

Guys with low body fat and white guys in general show age quicker. However, it's good to see someone accepting their years gracefully instead becoming a scary and embarrassing surgery, botox and unconvincing dye job freak.

Posted by: Greg | May 29, 2008 9:30:02 PM

17. Not sure who's hotter, Anderson or Grover!

I personally don't care whether he's out publicly, it isnt harming anyone that he isn't. Sure he could be a help to the community when he does come out, but it's a personal decision. How would you naysayers have felt if someone you didn't know was trying to out you when you weren't ready?

Posted by: Ted | May 30, 2008 8:54:08 AM

18. I have a question. Do African American community have a right to criticize famous Blacks for example Oprah who don't do their part in helping out their own community?

Its Anderson right to keep his sexuality private but he could be a lot braver by coming out.

Posted by: John | May 30, 2008 12:10:54 PM

19. Ted, as far as we know, Anderson is out to friends, co-workers, and family so he ready. He just don't want the public to know for a fact he is gay because of his job.

Posted by: Jack | May 30, 2008 12:14:35 PM

20. I would say he does want the public to know he's gay, but he isn't interested in directly engaging in the discussion about it himself for now.

If you don't want the public to know you're gay you don't spend New Years Eve giggling beside Kathy Griffin responding "I don't know" when asked if Britney Spears is attractive to guys, date men in public, dish about American Idol on day time talk shows while ducking your female co-host's touch, gush about Augusten Burroughs and David Sedaris when asked about what you've been reading, and everything else Anderson does all the time. He never makes any protest when publications out him, and between the lines he sends the message himself all the time. He's not a dumby. He has to know a lot of people will notice that sort of thing and get the picture and eventually spread the news even to the ones who were too dense to get it for themselves.

Maybe the idea is that by the time he actually directly acknowledges it the issue will be a complete non-event so it shouldn't turn into some sort of media circus or career death blow. For now, it also gets him out of dealing with all the invasive personal "my dating history, current love life, and life and times as a gay person" revelations that are expected when a celebrity comes out.

Posted by: Greg | May 31, 2008 1:14:50 AM

21. Michael Bedwell, no, he's not a part of the problem. Really, he's not a part of the gay movement. It's really not an all or nothing proposition. What you're really saying is that if someone doesn't agree with you, then they are helping the anti-gay factions in some way. That's just plain illogical. Anderson has chosen to stay silent, for reasons you can't even pretend to know.

But you seem to make assumptions very easily about things you know nothing about. I am completely out at my day job, my evening job, and in my social life - yes, including a conservative family.

Your attitude, however, for me appears to be part of a larger problem for gays. We all know the type.

Posted by: David T | Jun 1, 2008 12:29:12 PM

22. Wow! When did it become a rule that every gay person must announce their sexuality to this sexually repressed World?
    Perhaps Anderson Cooper has a clause in his contract that forbids discussing or making public his sexuality? Who knows; and more importantly, how does this validate you personally?
    Hell, homosexuality has been in existence since the World's oldest profession, if not longer.
    Neither gay nor religious, I still advocate for gay acceptance because what sense does it make in 'trying to stop the rain just by complaining?'

Posted by: Marked Mann | Sep 17, 2011 2:54:42 PM