Art and Design | New York | News

Blu's Muto a New Movement in Street Art

Blu

Living in New York, I've seen plenty of drawings on city walls, but never an animation masterwork quite like this one by the artist BLU.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

MUTO a wall-painted animation by BLU from blu on Vimeo.

(via gawker)

Comments

1. That was amazing. It must have taken months.

Posted by: DNfromMN | May 16, 2008 3:30:41 PM

2. I like the license information at the start where it says not to post it on any commercial websites. What counts as a commercial website if not an income making blog with ads all over it?

Posted by: Clive | May 16, 2008 3:31:11 PM

3. My God ! That would have made Salvador Dali proud.

Posted by: Darbari | May 16, 2008 4:06:23 PM

4. How in the HELL did they do that?

Posted by: Paul R | May 16, 2008 4:25:12 PM

5. Stuntastical = do you know how much thought, how much sequencing, how much chohesvive dis combobulation went hence forth?? thi si sa work of a mind... that gets at least Tuesdays.... oh but for the joy of any bugger I work with having this in thier grasp... eeeeeeeeee??

Posted by: TW | May 16, 2008 6:19:26 PM

6. Pretty cool, do you know where it was filmed Andy? It must have taken a long time for the concept, forget the execution.

All I could think though was, 'So that's how Cheney came to our planet'.

Posted by: patrick nyc | May 16, 2008 6:48:11 PM

7. Wow! o_O;

That. Blows. My. Mind.

@Patrick NYC - ha ha... Totally Cheney!
    @Clive - I think they mean a site where you would have to pay to see it. Otherwise now news sites (like this one) could carry it.

Posted by: Aman Chaudhary | May 16, 2008 9:01:00 PM

8. "Pretty cool, do you know where it was filmed Andy? It must have taken a long time for the concept, forget the execution."

It's Buenos Aires. There is no way this could have been done in NYC. I can't imagine the patience and attention to detail that this must have required. It's amazing, although IMHO too long.

Posted by: Anonymous | May 16, 2008 11:40:57 PM

9. Absolutely mind-blowing...!

Posted by: Tegucigalpa Todd | May 17, 2008 12:58:46 AM

10. AMAZING!!!!

Posted by: TC | May 17, 2008 1:29:24 AM

11. Captivating. The web site http://blublu.org/sito/news/news.htm answers many questions...

Posted by: Timothy | May 17, 2008 9:23:50 AM