AIDS/HIV | American Idol | Baseball | California | Florida | Food & Drink | Gay Pride | Harvey Milk | Italy | James McGreevey | Mark Wahlberg | New York | News | Sports | Ted Kennedy | Television

BigGayDeal.com

News: Ted Kennedy, Bacon, Jason Giambi, Gloria Gaynor, HIV

road.jpg Senator Ted Kennedy diagnosed with malignant brain tumor: "Doctors for the Massachusetts Democrat say tests conducted after Kennedy suffered a seizure this weekend show a tumor in his left parietal lobe. Preliminary results from a biopsy of the brain identified the cause of the seizure as a malignant glioma, they said. His treatment will be decided after more tests but the usual course includes combinations of radiation and chemotherapy."

Damonroad.jpg New York Daily News provides New York Yankees with shipment of gold lamé thongs after revelation that Jason Giambi wears one when he is in a batting slump.

road.jpg Jean-Claude van Damme holds flexing show on balcony at Cannes.

road.jpg 25 years ago today, the HIV virus was identified in France.

road.jpg David Archuleta took Brooke White to his fake prom, but he also had other offers: "[David] Cook also asked if he could dance with me — that was a little awkward. So I said no."

road.jpg Judge reopens Okeechobee High School lawsuit over gay-straight alliance: "U.S. District Judge K. Michael Moore dismissed the case last month, saying the club's founder, Yasmin Gonzalez, no longer was affected by the school's decision because she has graduated. But Moore reversed the decision Friday, saying Gonzalez still has a stake in the case because she seeks nominal monetary damages. The judge also allowed current student Brittany Martin to become a plaintiff in the case against the school board of Okeechobee County. 'We are absolutely elated,' said Rob Rosenwald, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union, which represents the students. 'I know that the students at Okeechobee High School are very excited that their rights will be vindicated.'"

road.jpg Dina Matos McGreevey says Jim McGreevey didn't whore himself out enough after becoming famous: "The nation's first openly gay governor could have become a talk show host, pursued a movie deal or otherwise cashed in on his fame after a sex scandal forced him from office, a lawyer for his estranged wife argued Monday."

Gaynorroad.jpg Gloria Gaynor on being born again: "I had a backlash from gay fans for a tiny period. Because they didn't understand where I was coming from. Now they recognise that my beliefs are my beliefs and that I have no opinions separate from the Bible. There are areas that we agree to disagree on. It's as simple as that. I don't have a problem with them having their beliefs, because my feeling is that God gives each and every one of us the right to not even believe in him. So who am I to try to take that away from somebody? I will always try to share my faith with any person who is willing to listen. When I feel a wall go up, we can talk about something else ... and I will pray for you."

Wahlbergroad.jpg Apparently the only thing good about The Happening coming out are the Mark Wahlberg Men's Health photos that come with it, and even those leave a bit of skin to be desired.

road.jpg The California Assembly passes bill 45-23 marking May 22 as Harvey Milk day. It now moves on to the senate.

road.jpg Chocolate-covered bacon, anyone?

road.jpg Newly appointed Italian minister for equal opportunities and former Miss Italy contestant and television showgirl Mara Carfagna refuses to back a gay pride march because, according to her, it's pointless and gays no longer face discrimination: "Homosexuality is no longer a problem, at least not the way the organizers of these demonstrations would have us believe. Gay pride's only aim is official recognition for homosexual couples, on the same level with marriage. I cannot agree to that. Gone are the times when homosexuals were declared mentally ill...Today there is such a thing as integration into society."

road.jpg Is 90210 really America's favorite zip code?

Comments

1. Senator Kennedy, God's speed!

Dina, stop being such a bitter gold digger. Move on! And BOTH of you PLEASE just go away.

Gloria, BITE ME!

Mara Carfagna, people like you make it so hard to argue that beauty queens aren't clueless idiots.

Posted by: Zeke | May 20, 2008 2:31:11 PM

2. Something tells me that's one of the few times Archuleta has said "no" to another man.

I Never Knew (get it?) Gloria Gaynor was such a deluded cvnt.

Posted by: Shane | May 20, 2008 2:31:39 PM

3. 9021WHO?

"...whole family moved from Kansas City."

KANSAS CITY? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!

90210. Bigger. Dumber. More laughable than ever before!

Oh, and there's a character named "Silver". OMG, I'm gonna wet my pants. Gah!

Posted by: FizziekruntNT | May 20, 2008 2:35:43 PM

4. Gloria will be there to grab our (gays) last sin ridden dollar as we breath our last and slip down into hell. Thanks Glor!

Posted by: farfromhome | May 20, 2008 2:41:09 PM

5. RE: Gloria Gaynor:
    1> Really, Gloria, "GOD"?!?!? It's 2008 - get a dose or reality.

2> Really, "GLORIA GAYNOR"?!?!?! A barely talented one-hit wonder? That she has any fans at all is laughable.

Posted by: jeffreychrist | May 20, 2008 2:41:51 PM

6. Giambi..... Giambi. Hey isn't he the dude in the box with the turban on the Pee Wee Playhouse Show. Far out! Now he's running the bases in gold lame' panty's for the Yankee's. Even for a baseball player I could learn to like this dude and he's not bad looking to boot!! Bring it on.

Posted by: namewitheld | May 20, 2008 3:07:00 PM

7. So I'm guessing that Gloria must be on board with that slavery thing that the Bible espouses then.

Posted by: Joel H Robbins | May 20, 2008 3:12:22 PM

8. I wish and pray the best for Senator Kennedy. Some people don't start off as anything special, but they get better with age.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 20, 2008 3:18:33 PM

9. What do you want to bet that Archuleta is lying about Cook?

It doesn't take much checking to see that Kennedy's prognosis is very poor indeed.

Apparently Dina married Jim strictly for money. It was an investment contract.

Posted by: anon | May 20, 2008 3:19:49 PM

10. Toot-toot! Hear that whistle Markey-Mark. Your train has left the station. Time to start living off you're investments.

Posted by: Iguess | May 20, 2008 3:28:00 PM

11. I might be a little anal here, but since the acronym "HIV" already contains the word "virus," then isn't "HIV virus" redundant?

Posted by: Jake | May 20, 2008 3:48:46 PM

12. That's a picture of Johnny Damon, not Jason Giambi

Posted by: another matt | May 20, 2008 3:52:11 PM

13. Thank you for straightening me out Matt. So . . . Bring on Johnny!

Posted by: namewitheld | May 20, 2008 4:17:16 PM

14. I don’t need Gloria Gaynor to pray for me. I hate when people tell me they’ll pray for me. I don’t need anyone’s prayers as far as my sexuality goes. Let them pray for themselves; they best be worried that they will have to answer to a higher authority about being holier than thou. I’ll bet she wasn’t opposed to gay people when they were making her one hit song a multimillion seller in discos back in the day, or when she sang I Am What I Am from that gay show La Cage aux Folles. Give it a fucking rest Gloria. No one cares for your opinion about homosexuality. If anyone wanted to hear from you they would’ve been buying your recordings over the years.
    Pray for yourself and a career that is no longer.

Posted by: Jeff in NC | May 20, 2008 4:23:33 PM

15. Chocolate covered bacon? Mmm, I would love to pour chocolate all over Kevin Bacon and like it off, ooh, The Queen, you give me dirty thoughts.

Posted by: davefromtampa | May 20, 2008 4:40:10 PM

16. Excellent point, JOEL ROBBINS, how does Gloria(or other christians) get around that one??! Yet when someone disagrees with any christian view, they're supposedly resisting God, and therefore in the wrong. What utter bullshit. That is the formula for the making of tyrants.

Posted by: nikko | May 20, 2008 4:40:45 PM

17. Peace and strength to Senator Kennedy and his family

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | May 20, 2008 4:55:32 PM

18. Oh, please. Everyone in Los Angeles knows that West Hollywood's 90069 zip code is waaaaaaay more desirable than the 90210 zip.

Posted by: peterparker | May 20, 2008 4:57:03 PM

19. "I have no opinions separate from the Bible." .. that's kinda sad. no shrimp cocktails ? no blended fabrics ? no haircuts ? moving out of the house once a month duing your 'unclean' period ? who wants to 'survive' a life like that ?!

Posted by: el polacko | May 20, 2008 5:22:27 PM

20. You guys are so funny...using LOGIC to argue with a Jesus nut. Save your breath.

Posted by: dezboy | May 20, 2008 6:09:27 PM

21. Gloria seems you didn't learn from Ms Summer, when she found God and through Gays under the Bible Bus her career went into the toilet. I believe her line was 'AIDS was God's wrath on Gays'. When she tanked she came crawling back but we had nothing to do with her.

Well Gloria, you were a hit wonder, now you are nothing.

Posted by: patrick nyc | May 20, 2008 6:36:21 PM

22. Wow. What's with you folks attacking Gloria? She is entitled to her beliefs and respects that others may have different views.

Such hatred spouted from the diversity police is so very unattractive.

Posted by: queendru | May 20, 2008 7:02:03 PM

23. Queendru

Maybe some feel that the centuries of persecution of gays while utilizing the bible is a painful thing. That someone whose career is utterly dependent on gay men would totaly embrace such a book without reservation (unlike other xtians who do not take it literaly) is a huge slap in the face.

That people who say words like she did, financialy donate to "cure" clinics for young teenage gays where they are subjected to drugs and sadistic torture in their warped view of hoping to cure the gay away. That people who say such usualy scream from pulpits that we are less than human. etc. That we should not exist

Anyway; all of the condolences from a united dem party to and for Ted Kennedy has been inspiring. Clinton, Obama, Schumer, Reid, Pelosi, etc all uniting as one party....as one group of human beings is a bit of cool on this day. Despite the current in house fighting, all dems united in wishing Ted and all the Kenedys well. Byrd of WV even cried on the senate floor. Touching...........

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | May 20, 2008 7:14:38 PM

24. Why is it that a family like the Kennedy's who have done so much to help the poor, the less fortunate and the "common" folk suffer such misfortune and misery, while families like Bush/Cheney, who have wrought nothing but pain ,evil and despair seem to be so blessed? Ah, yes, talk to me about your god. If there is a god he must love pain and suffering because he has given the world so much of it.

My best wishes for a rapid recovery go out to Ted Kennedy and I hope his family finds the comfort and strength to weather one more storm. This nation, indeed this world, is a little bit better with people like Ted Kennedy in it.

Posted by: Bob R | May 20, 2008 7:33:22 PM

25. I am heartbroken by the sad news of Sen. Ted Kennedy's cancerous brain tumor. Very sad.

Posted by: donsnyc | May 20, 2008 9:01:05 PM