Hotels | Jason Mraz | News

Don't Disturb Jason Mraz When He Has Jet Lag

Mraz

Singer/songwriter Jason Mraz writes on his MySpace blog:

"Time zone hopping and the hyper robotic routine of touring require energy levels to be consistent and my schedule isn't one that affords me any sick days. So I travel with a chopping knife and a cutting board. Rather than rely on room service and overpriced restaurant versions of vegetarian cuisine, I shop at local grocers and eat my own delicious homemade meals. The knife, a classic single layer stainless steel, in addition to raising concerns with airport security, is also good for shocking housekeeping staff. My DO NOT DISTURB sign is in constant use during any hotel stay, yet all maids seem to have this incredible urge to assist and clean. Thus, opening the door in bikini briefs gripping a 10-inch blade makes my point. I can make my own bed."

Mraz recently told NewNowNext why he surrounds himself with gay people: "To me it’s not an issue of gay or straight; it’s just a coincidence that the people I hang out with happened to be … gay folk. And I, as a writer, have always written from a feminine side. I take yoga, and I practice my spirituality, to balance my heaven and earth, to balance my masculine and my feminine, you know? And I think what I find hanging out in the gay community, there’s more of a balance in the masculine and feminine qualities in the lifestyle than in a typical straight relationship or just in a straight person."

Check out Jason Mraz' video for "I'm Yours" AFTER THE JUMP...

(via hunk du jour)

Comments

1. Love him.

Posted by: paul | Jun 4, 2008 10:42:57 AM

2. Woof!

Posted by: ichabod | Jun 4, 2008 10:44:50 AM

3. Could he ask one of his gay friends to give him a haircut?

Posted by: crispy | Jun 4, 2008 11:04:07 AM

4. It's always refreshing to hear straight people talk about "the lifestyle" of gays. (sigh)

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Jun 4, 2008 11:23:06 AM

5. Sigh! How happy was I when I clicked on Towleroad this morning? And I was just listening to his new album...serendipity! Words cannot express how much I heart this man.

Posted by: BJ | Jun 4, 2008 11:27:11 AM

6. On the one hand, I also really dislike the term "lifestyle" - especially if the person using the term actually has gay friends and should know better.

But then on the other hand, we have somebody making a crack about his hair...right in lockstep with the Stereotypically-Gay Lifestyle Brigade.

I'm surprised nobody has called him 'fat' yet.

Posted by: Rey | Jun 4, 2008 11:27:30 AM

7. Knife-wielding recluse with food-control issues. She sounds like a lot of fun...

Posted by: mp | Jun 4, 2008 11:35:36 AM

8. Rey,
    Does that stick up your ass hurt? Or have you gotten used to it by now?

I knew the second I saw the word "lifestyle" that some uppity, oversensitive queer was gonna be all over it and completely disregard the overall positive message. For someone so concerned about stereotypes, you sure do live up to one.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 4, 2008 11:36:15 AM

9. I seem to have hit a nerve.

Posted by: John in Manhattan | Jun 4, 2008 11:39:01 AM

10. I'd hit that.

Posted by: hill_w | Jun 4, 2008 11:47:17 AM

11. CRISPY, what the HELL is wrong with his hair??

Posted by: SONNIE | Jun 4, 2008 11:49:12 AM

12. Oh, I was just kidding about his hair.

My jokes suck today. I knew I should have gone for the bikini briefs.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 4, 2008 12:04:42 PM

13. Does Jason always show up at his door in his skivvies? Is he selling his talents or his body?

Oh for the day when gay men get past the outer shell and look at the man within. Beauty is skin deep guys.

. . . and before the - oh you shriveled up old fart - can't get anyone to look at you so your hostile - comments come in let me assure you this is not the case.

Posted by: namewithheld | Jun 4, 2008 12:09:15 PM

14. Crispy, please stop projecting and using tired, old cliches like "stick up your butt".

Your sad message about his hair was the only thing I reacted to. There's nothing wrong with my bristling about the term "lifestyle" - it makes me neither uppity or over(ly)sensitive; if you reread for content, it was your comment in fact that made me embrace the term more than I feel I should because cads like you make it so easy to marginalize a group based on the actions of individuals like yourself.

I didn't realize these posts of yours were jokes. You. So. Funny. And quite the engager.

Posted by: Rey | Jun 4, 2008 12:19:21 PM

15. Jason is a sexy little monkey.

Posted by: Joe | Jun 4, 2008 12:19:45 PM

16. Oh, Rey... you haven't been laid in a long time, have you?

Posted by: crispy | Jun 4, 2008 12:33:57 PM

17. Sexy little otter!!

Hell, if I knew that's what awaits, I'd knock on the door with my honing steel and offer to sharpen his... ummm... steely appendage.

As for the hair, maybe it's just "Bed Head".

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Jun 4, 2008 12:35:43 PM

18. That's deep!! Now, who is he?

Posted by: Shabaka | Jun 4, 2008 12:43:17 PM

19. Yes, we all know that gay men are just women with male genitals, which is why he's really hanging out with women when he hangs out with gay men. And he's soooo manly that it takes several feminine gay guys to balance him out. Yes, he's just a barrel full of monkeys. Honestly, I think he spends 99% of his free time alone.

Posted by: anon | Jun 4, 2008 12:54:06 PM

20. Again with the projection, Crispy, and the tired old "insults".

I don't know what I've done to get your cockles in an uproar, but you are fortunately quite incorrect.

Go ahead and use the aforementioned stick on yourself. I hope it has myriad branches.

Posted by: Rey | Jun 4, 2008 1:02:59 PM

21. Now you're just flirting with me! Sorry, I'm taken.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 4, 2008 1:12:42 PM

22. Looks like you dodged a bullet there, Rey...

Posted by: Lifestyles: The Condom | Jun 4, 2008 1:22:17 PM

23. I like his hair. I don't mind the term "lifestyle." Like Hill_W, I'd hit it too, even if Hill got to him first.

Posted by: David T | Jun 4, 2008 1:31:54 PM

24. Y'all calm down.

I like Jason Mraz's music. I'll keep listening. I don't care about his hair, though I do think it's nice.

Posted by: The Milkman | Jun 4, 2008 1:39:41 PM