Football (American) | Magazines | News | Tom Brady

BigGayDeal.com

Tom Brady Dresses up Esquire

Brady1

The New England Patriots QB throws himself into a suit for this month's Esquire.

Getting spiritual, Brady says God doesn't value him as a quarterback: "When you try to combat everything, at the end of the day you realize that you're responsible for yourself...Look at the attention I get: It's because I throw a football. But that's what society values. That's not what God values. He didn't invent the game. We did. I have some eye-hand coordination, and I can throw the ball. I don't think that matters to God."

One more shot AFTER THE JUMP...

Brady2

Previously
Grizzly Adams Celebrates Beards and Bears at the Super Bowl [tr]
Giants Hand Patriots Stunning 17-14 Super Bowl Upset [tr]
Tom Brady Gets Fresh [tr]

Comments

1. Brady obviously feels his crotch is what matters to God.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Aug 8, 2008 8:03:38 PM

2. ... all i know is the closer i get to his crotch the closer i feel to god...

Posted by: the queen | Aug 8, 2008 8:23:15 PM

3. Umm isn't Tom Brady on of the LARGEST republican supporters. There has even been rumors of him running for office. He's also a regular of George Bush at the White House.

Posted by: umm | Aug 8, 2008 8:47:42 PM

4. Don't care. He's HOT!

Posted by: Tom | Aug 8, 2008 9:45:39 PM

5. That's because he is god?

Posted by: anon | Aug 8, 2008 10:59:12 PM

6. so hot republicans are ok. just making sure. as a hot republican I wanna make sure I'll still get hot gay sex.

Posted by: umm | Aug 9, 2008 12:11:07 AM

7. Too bad pretty boy there is no god, and god's not a HE, and there is no proof. Sooo Sorry !!!!

Posted by: ty | Aug 9, 2008 1:27:35 AM

8. Tom Brady looks like a dork.

Posted by: jason | Aug 9, 2008 1:43:52 AM

9. he's not a republican. Trust me. Spent some time around him.

Posted by: dan | Aug 9, 2008 2:18:15 AM

10. Anybody who feels the need to talk about God in a fashion mag article is a little too Republican for me.

I'm not sure how you could say with such certainty that he isn't affiliated with a party just having spent "some time" around a person, unless you specifically discussed politics with him. I have relatives I've spent LOTS of time around and couldn't tell you whether they consider themselves Dem or Rep; I can only tell you whether they have liberal or conservative leanings.

Anyway, here's an article which mentions his apparent endorsement of Bush and conservative "sympathies," his reference to Gerald Ford (R) as one of the most impressive people he's ever met, and the fact that while he's been a registered voter ("undecided" party) there doesn't actually appear to be a record of him ever actually voting.

Posted by: sparks | Aug 9, 2008 4:01:40 AM

11. When you get out of the states, you discover that "republicans" and "democrats" are two very subtle versions of a right wing party. Nothing that should make you stop liking a "hot" american footballer. The fact that he has a humongous forehead on the other hand...

Posted by: no-no | Aug 9, 2008 5:39:54 AM

12. Yes, I am sure God was right there looking over you, Tom, as you inseminated your girlfriend while boinking your supermodel. And personally, I would like to thank Jesus for finding me that quarter oz. of primo weed I scored last night. I don't have to get drug tested - since I don't throw a football - so I can enjoy things like that. And I am really sick of hearing about egotistical sports personalities like Brady and Favre. Let's start paying them bonuses to just STFU.

Posted by: Dom | Aug 9, 2008 7:45:16 AM

13. I love the cover! Really cool how they just kind of scribbled everything.

And Tom Brady needs to sit on my face, stat.

Posted by: JeffRob | Aug 9, 2008 11:07:28 AM

14. ... i want his jockstrap after he's played some football on a very hot and sweaty day....

Posted by: the queen | Aug 9, 2008 1:25:59 PM

15. Jesus stuck his finger in my butt and made me gay.

Posted by: Tweety | Aug 9, 2008 2:59:01 PM

16. In my next life, I want to come back as Tom Brady's jock strap.

Posted by: mike | Aug 10, 2008 1:00:42 PM

17. In myyyyy next life, I want to come back as Tom Brady's OTC socks :P

Posted by: CANMAN | Aug 10, 2008 10:42:58 PM

18. Umm,

Um... really? So, he goes to one State of the State address... and that makes him a Republican? Note: I'm sorry, it doesn't.

No, Brady isn't one of the 'biggest' Republican supporters. In fact, there's been articles where he's hinted his displeasure with Bush and his politics.

I don't know if he's a Republican or not. I don't know if he even pays enough attention to know whether he's republican or not. However, what I do know is he's smart enough to know to stay out of politics in his quest to build the Brady brand. He's interested in winning super bowls, dating super models, being a part-time dad and staying pretty... not so much advancing the Republican agenda. That doesn't make him any money. LOL.

Posted by: Ryan | Aug 11, 2008 2:52:52 AM

19. He is SO friggin' HOT!

Damn that lucky bitch Gisele...(that gorgeous babe)

Posted by: Chad | Aug 11, 2008 4:13:16 PM

20. FUCK I'd love to hump his leg!

Posted by: topsyturvy | Aug 11, 2008 5:06:23 PM