Barack Obama | Human Rights Campaign | John McCain | Joseph Biden | Magazines | News

BigGayDeal.com

Barack Obama Takes Flight on Men's Vogue

Obamamensvogue

He's also taking flight in national polls, capturing a "statistically significant" 48 to 44 point lead over John McCain following the tumult in the financial markets.

Sept06vogueIt's the second time for Obama on the cover of Men's Vogue. He appeared before in September 2006.

I appended this to yesterday's post on Obama's interview with Philadelphia Gay News, but since some may not have seen it, here's the link to the full interview.

In other Obama/Biden news, the Human Rights Campaign announced yesterday that Biden would be the featured speaker at its National Dinner in Washington D.C. on October 4th.

Said Biden: "I’m honored to participate in this event. Discrimination has no place in this country and I am proud to stand with HRC in the fight to end it. Barack Obama and I will bring the change we need in Washington. The Bush Administration's policies have been disastrous for the LGBT community and a McCain Administration would just mean four more years of the same."

Comments

1. I am so happy that Obama/Biden kept an even keel. That convention "bounce" that had McCain and Palin leading is rapidly decreasing with every interview, every sound bite. It's fascinating to watch the GOP implode on itself.

As Keith Olberman said last night, you know it's bad when the WHITEHOUSE is backing away.

Barack is every bit the Statesman, and he will make a fine leader for America.

Posted by: Rad | Sep 19, 2008 9:49:18 AM

2. Adorably handsome. Also, clean--according to Joe Biden. Wonder what Michelle thinks?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 19, 2008 9:50:30 AM

3. That cover two years ago is what got me excited about Obama in the first place. Can't wait to read this new one.

Posted by: Ambrose | Sep 19, 2008 10:10:16 AM

4. What's his stance on gay marriage again?

Posted by: Carl | Sep 19, 2008 10:31:57 AM

5. He wants to be in one.

Posted by: 24play | Sep 19, 2008 10:35:21 AM

6. Carl

Obama = civil unionms

mcshame = campaigned against civil unions in AZ

It is that simple. It is also very wide spread and well known knowledge.

One must now ask, what is carl's stance on brown people? Probably not very good since he prefers mcshame over his own self intrest.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Sep 19, 2008 11:29:05 AM

7. People who link everything to racism tend to be the most racist. Just like closeted gay homophobes who think there's a gay conspiracy lurking round every corner.

Posted by: Carl | Sep 19, 2008 12:25:29 PM

8. Barack Obama will make a good leader for America the People and maybe the world.

Posted by: Dawnell_do | Sep 19, 2008 1:45:23 PM

9. Carl

People who have eyes to see but refuse to and ears to hear yet refuse to are either the village idiot or have something more sinister lurking in their psyche

obama = for civil unions and gay adoption

mcshame = campaigned against civil unions and is against gay adoption

Plain as the nose on your face

The question then is are you the village idiot or is there something more sinister in your psyche as to why you would vote against your own self interests?

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Sep 19, 2008 2:02:03 PM

10. PS

Majeff reminded me in another thread

Obama = also against prop 8 (which wishes to cancel the right of gays to get married in CA)

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Sep 19, 2008 2:32:05 PM

11. Why the hell would Obama agree to be featured on the cover of Men's Vogue one month before the presidential election!!!???

This is a HUGE mistake that will come back to bite him in the ass. It seriously makes me question his judgement.

Posted by: Stevo | Sep 19, 2008 6:50:11 PM

12. Men's Vogue? Seems a elitist to me. He was better off appearing on Fishing times or Small town values Weekly: If your not like us, we hate you.
    That will get the heartland!

Posted by: *M* | Sep 19, 2008 6:59:38 PM

13. Superficially: He should have worn a different color tie.

Posted by: warmsunshine | Sep 20, 2008 8:31:27 AM

14. He could make me put my tray table in the upright and locked position......

LOL.

Posted by: Chris | Sep 20, 2008 12:13:32 PM

15. Andy your Obama fetish is getting sorta creepy. I'm a recent full on convert (even throwing parties to support him) but you're creeping me out here.

C'mon Andy, got a little crushy wushy?

Posted by: thevegasstyleguy | Sep 21, 2008 5:02:57 AM

16. I voted cross party for Obama because he's the best person for the job. I am a republican and it makes me sick to think people are comparing him to being "gay" for doing a male magazine. To me he is showing that he is right for the Job because he holds nothing against anyone regardless of their lifestyle .... Come ON People get a life!!!

Posted by: Robert Vernon | Jan 24, 2009 3:19:01 PM