Film | Harvey Milk | James Franco | Kiss | Madonna | News | Sean Penn

Franco: Sean Penn Texted Madonna to Brag About Gay Kiss

Franco

James Franco is so excited about his kiss with Sean Penn in Milk (he's been talking and talking and talking and talking about it for weeks), that he's even excited that Sean Penn is excited about it.

The UK's Daily Mirror posted a report over the weekend, which was likely taken from a larger interview, that after Franco and Penn had their first kiss for the film, Penn texted Madonna to brag about it.

Said Franco, according to the Mirror: "After our kiss Sean texted Madonna and said, 'I just popped my cherry kissing a guy. I thought of you. I don't know why.'"

In related news, Franco talks extensively with Gus van Sant in the current issue of Interview magazine.

Pennfranco

Comments

1. I can careless about Madonna- Where is she on Prop 8? I used to be a major fan of her....but not anymore. The material old girl just isn't the same!

Posted by: Eric | Sep 29, 2008 9:41:34 AM

2. Uh, exactly what did Prop 8 have to do with the article? As for Madonna, she's criticized if you speaks her mind and apparently criticized when she doesn't. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I guess she just can't win.

Posted by: Keith | Sep 29, 2008 9:58:37 AM

3. After suffering through so much crap (i.e. "Mamma Mia", 'Sex And The City", "Wanted"), I'm looking forward to "Milk" more than most other imminent films. Penn is one of the few actual 'great' actors working today, Harvey Milk a complex and historically important man, and while Van Sant has made more unwatchable films than worthy, even at his worst he remains an interesting director.

Posted by: jeffreychrist | Sep 29, 2008 12:10:09 PM

4. Well, I think he's also excited about the prospects of winning an Oscar or other award. I'm sure the cast had this in mind when they signed on.

Posted by: anon | Sep 29, 2008 1:58:31 PM

5. I would be excited about the kiss too, knowing it's practically going to buy me a fucking Oscar and Golden Globe.
    Because you know, there just aren't enough gay actors around to play these parts...just like I'm a magical unicorn and pigs fly out of my ass.

Posted by: Ross | Sep 29, 2008 9:47:39 PM

6. Oh ehm...what ANON said! (before me) :]

Posted by: Ross | Sep 29, 2008 9:50:43 PM

7. I don't like Madonna as much as I used to. BUT I will say this, I remember her when she used to do the AIDS Dance-A-Thon back when she was single. She did her part - sometimes one can't always be doing EVERY gay project - especially if you don't live in the USA.

But this does leave the question about other gay/lesbian actors. Where are they?

But back to our regular scheduled program. VERY COOL that Sean is doing this film. Guess he is not homphobic - he was simply a over energetic guy (probably alcoholic) back in the day when he was married to Madonna (remember him tying her up in Malibu right before they divorced?)

NO matter what, there will always be those couples that just are - even when they are not together.

Britney & Justin

Sonny & Cher

Madonna & Sean

Posted by: FunMe | Sep 30, 2008 3:34:28 AM

8. I CAN'T WAIT to see "Milk"! I expect it to be the biggest thing since "Brokeback Mountain" and this time maybe our immature mainstream media won't make endless jokes about it.

Posted by: Hephaestion | Oct 4, 2008 10:09:04 PM