John McCain | News | Republican Party | Sarah Palin

John McCain Picks Up Levi Johnston at the Airport

Levijohnston

Welcome to the family. Presumably the father of Bristol's baby will sit with the Palins during the Convention tonight. Clip of the arrival, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via tpm)

Comments

1. Maybe Levi is there to take care of his son Trig while Grandma is busy with her speech.

Posted by: A.J. | Sep 3, 2008 6:32:17 PM

2. But it is a private family matter. Except when you bring your daughter's Baby Daddy to meet the presidential candidate. The Born Agains are orgasming over those lovely (yet horny) younng-ens, and they are going to get married! Swoon! So romantic and all. And she didn't abort!

Christ, it's like watching a soap opera in super fast forward.

Posted by: homer | Sep 3, 2008 6:34:10 PM

3. Levi is kinda hot

Posted by: Mooney | Sep 3, 2008 6:34:48 PM

4. John McCain is only 5'7".

Posted by: Ody | Sep 3, 2008 6:40:10 PM

5. This makes the family fair game!

They turn her family into a photo op instead of his flying in with no fan fair.

Fair game on her family. You can't have it both ways. Private and a photo op= Bull SHIT!

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Sep 3, 2008 6:40:55 PM

6. The way this is going the next thing we'll see is inappropriate photos of Levi from his MySpace profile...

Posted by: Andy in Denver | Sep 3, 2008 6:47:29 PM

7. I wish I was invited to the Palins daughters wedding, A NRA hosted shotgun wedding with fresh meat provided by the bride's mother. What holding up the wedding, high school gaduation or something else? I guess this is the "sacred" vow of marriage that I keep hearing about, so sacred it must be kept from the gay folks. Ain't America Grand?

Posted by: rocket | Sep 3, 2008 6:49:00 PM

8. See, you're never too important to do an airport run.

Posted by: jimk | Sep 3, 2008 6:49:46 PM

9. Levi may be kinda hot -- but he just missed being charged with statutory rape. The age of consent in Alaska is 16(!). I just wish they(the Republicans) would quit throwing it in our face. I still think that, by and large, they are hypocrits (think Senators Vitter and Craig). I guess it's OK to screw around if you're heterosexual. You got it; I'm angry.

Posted by: TomJ | Sep 3, 2008 6:50:22 PM

10. I hope Bristols on the platform tonight, wearing a scarlett letter "A" on her chest, instead of hidding behind her mother's child baby blanket, like last time. Family values begin at home.

Posted by: Rocket | Sep 3, 2008 6:52:29 PM

11. Jeez, grope much McSame? The way he was looking over Levi reminds me of when I try to pull that scam on the young hotties at a bar. Didn't work for me either.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Sep 3, 2008 6:55:21 PM

12. all of sarah palins family bs is fair game, she chose to put her nose into my family's business, saying i cant get married, saying i cant adopt children....all of her principles baised around what her god deams appropriate.... well last time i checked, teaching your children that no sex is the only ok sex, and then them winding up pregnant while in highschool UNWED is neither appropriate or what god wants( i know alot of children become pregnant in the states, but that DOESNT make it right and right and wrong is what we are discussing here, since my whole life " choice" has been deemed wrong)....AND lets not forget about the sanctitiy of this said marraige when it does happen, nothing like a maraige forced on you to make you feel close to god and loved....oh but its ok, according to mcain her husband can cheat on her and leave her, and thats ok, god approves... such total hypocritical bullshit...

Posted by: trevor | Sep 3, 2008 6:58:57 PM

13. Talk about your gay sweaters. I guess Levi just got out of the bush (and onto the Bush, and into the bush) wearing that one.

Posted by: Paul R | Sep 3, 2008 7:04:59 PM

14. I'm sure he's a complete idiot but I'd love to slip inside that pair of Levi's and ride around.

Posted by: topsyturvy | Sep 3, 2008 7:07:48 PM

15. Gee Levi is kinda hot, I wonder if he IS gay?

Posted by: rocket | Sep 3, 2008 7:09:06 PM

16. In the words of miss Bankhead, rocket, "I wouldn't know, he never sucked my cock"

Posted by: TALLULAH | Sep 3, 2008 7:11:14 PM

17. Anybody notice they gave him a haircut and dressed him in clothes he doesn't normally wear?

They also dressed Bristol in a style that isn't her own.

Total photop hypocrisy, so cry BS on their leave the family alone.

They want photo ops and privacy (keep trash secret). They can't have it both ways.

Tear the sham family to pieces

Posted by: Jimymboyo | Sep 3, 2008 7:13:07 PM

18. 1. Levi looks like a young Robbie Williams in that picture.

2. Levi has a little potbelly.

3. Who the fuck wears a sweater in the summertime? Is that an Alaskan thing?

Posted by: paul | Sep 3, 2008 7:14:04 PM

19. paul, Maybe its levi who is pregnant. That big ol loose sweater in the summertime is hidding the baby bump.

Posted by: rocket | Sep 3, 2008 7:17:52 PM

20. Poor kid, he looks terrified. One can't help but feel that the McCain camp cajoled him into making an appearance.

Posted by: jason | Sep 3, 2008 7:24:32 PM

21. I feel shallow for asking, but ... where are the shirtless pics of this kid? Goofing off with his bros in their underwear? Mooning, streaking? Frat hazing? (Ok, never went to college...maybe 4H hazing?) Guys all over the internet are letting their risque pics out. Why not him?

Posted by: RS | Sep 3, 2008 7:26:49 PM

22. I'd let him knock me up. Well, at least let him try to.

Posted by: John M | Sep 3, 2008 7:28:13 PM

23. Maybe the uncle and the niece/nephew can breast feed from the same wet nurse. Being older than your aunts and uncles is so low-rent.

Posted by: ggreen | Sep 3, 2008 7:57:40 PM

24. Old chicken hawk McCain sure likes touching that boi alot. OHHH, I GET IT NOW!!

Posted by: Himbo with Highlites | Sep 3, 2008 8:29:02 PM

25. Perfect example of why this is fair to talk about.

Sex education promotes and legitimizes teenage sexual activity - or so the social conservatives would say. Like a poster I responded to yesterday said, it is liberal teachers going against what is taught at home that sends the message that sex is good, go ahead and do it?

What kind of message does the warm, public embrace of the dude who knocks your daughter up do for promoting abstinence? What does a photo op with a presidential candidate do to send the message that premarital sex is wrong? Knock a governor's daughter up, become an instant celebrity. Like, being a celebrity is not what today's teens want to be?

Posted by: JT | Sep 3, 2008 8:31:38 PM