Federico Garcia Lorca | Film | News | Playing Gay | Robert Pattinson | Salvador Dali

Gay Relationships and Fanging with Robert Pattinson

Pattinson

In an interview in which he mainly discusses the new vampire movie Twilight, Robert Pattinson dips into some discussion of the relationship between Salvador Dalí and Federico Garcia Lorca in the upcoming film Little Ashes (at about 8:40):

"I guess it's devastating. It's when two people essentially fall in love with each other arguably, but no one really knows what the extent of their actual relationship was. It ruins everything in both of their lives. Not so much in Lorca's but it really does destroy a lot of things in Dali. But mainly because he's such an intensely sensitive man. He had so many neuroses about everything. His sanitya and his senseibility was such a knife edge his whole life. In Twilight it's kind of the same thing, but they kind of figure it out whereas In Little Ashes they can't figure it out."

Pattinson plays Dalí. In late October I posted a few images from the film and last week the one-sheet.

Incidentally, actor Peter Facinelli, who fangs Pattinson in Twilight, bragged about it to E!: "It was great. I can actually say I'm one of the few guys who have necked with Rob Pattinson. A lot of people are envious of me."

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Beltran_pattinson

(via afterelton)

Comments

1. Robert is so charming, introspective, personable, and quirky... it's a very attractive combination. When he was talking about being bad boyfriend material he repeatedly used gender-neutral pronouns "when I like someone..." -- such a tease!

He definitely has an open mind for roles. I believe he was sincere in his deference when asked if he'd be interested in more big-budget films: "It's always about the script."

I thought he was cute in his small Harry Potter role, but I'm becoming a huge fan. Hope to see a lot more of him.

Posted by: sparks | Nov 19, 2008 10:59:14 AM

2. Don't some guys eat? How is it that men in films are getting thinner, thinner, thinner....?

Posted by: Alan | Nov 19, 2008 12:41:08 PM

3. Actually, he doesn't eat. That's sorta the whole point of the movie. His character is a "vegetarian" vampire.

Posted by: crispy | Nov 19, 2008 12:54:50 PM

4. question...is he gay? I mean...I don't know...is he?

Posted by: steph | Nov 19, 2008 2:46:54 PM

5. Does anyone know if Stephenie Meyer, the author of "Twilight" and a member of the Church of LDS, contributed to Prop 8?

(Her name isn't in one of the databases but maybe she contributed as part of her family or businesses.)

Also, check out this interview of Pattinson where he comes across as neurotic:

Posted by: Marc in Chicago | Nov 19, 2008 5:33:12 PM

6. Stephenie Meyer hasn't come out either way on the proposition, but has not contributed monetarily to it either-another blog had already looked into it.

Posted by: lela | Nov 19, 2008 10:26:25 PM

7. i am really glad that rob is doing other movies! i fell head over heals in love with Edward in the book twilight and then even MORE head over heals for Rob in the movie. i cant wait to see other movies that he is in! see the different characters that he can become! MM MM!

Posted by: RobFan | Dec 13, 2008 3:41:40 PM

8. I absolutly love Rob! I wish hed come back to washington, and oregon. He's is my favorite actor. I'd want him as a boyfriend, he's crazy to think he's not boyfriend material.

Posted by: ashley | Jan 27, 2009 3:18:42 AM