Barbara Walters | News | Rosie O'Donnell

'Rosie Live' to Revive Variety Show and Use of Jazz Hands

Rosie

I thought this was the gayest thing I'd seen all day till I saw the promo for tomorrow night's Rosie Live.

That promo, and Rosie's Today show appearance with Meredith Vieira in which she talks about the show and her feud with Barbara Walters, AFTER THE JUMP...

And yesterday, on Today:

Comments

1. That promo has been airing for a week. You just discovered it?

Posted by: dave | Nov 25, 2008 12:54:09 PM

2. I love Rosie, warts & all, but I just can't see this succeeding. Maybe if she had more relevant guests, people will watch. Liza Minelli & Alanis Morrissette? Come on. I love those two also, but they're not going to make people tune in, especially younger viewers.

Posted by: scar2 | Nov 25, 2008 1:00:07 PM

3. Dude, Andy has been a tad busy lately with PROP 8 reporting.

Posted by: John Bisceglia | Nov 25, 2008 1:03:33 PM

4. Psychotic cow can't give a dime of her millions to fight Prop H8TE after promising SF Mayor Gavin Newsom four years ago she would "be there" whenever, but, hey, why not have Fag Fave Liza on to draw in those too stupid to care.

FUCK HER & NOT IN THE GOOD WAY!

FUCK HER & NOT IN THE GOOD WAY!

FUCK HER & NOT IN THE GOOD WAY!

FUCK HER & NOT IN THE GOOD WAY!

FUCK HER & NOT IN THE GOOD WAY!

FUCK HER & NOT IN THE GOOD WAY!

FUCK HER & NOT IN THE GOOD WAY!

FUCK HER & NOT IN THE GOOD WAY!

FUCK HER & NOT IN THE GOOD WAY!

FUCK HER & NOT IN THE GOOD WAY!

Posted by: Leland Frances | Nov 25, 2008 1:06:48 PM

5. I just saw it for the first time last night too, but I'm more of a Food Network/HGTV/History Channel/Discovery/Bravo kinda guy.

I think it looks cute, and I'll bet Rosie and Kathy Griffin will be hilarious!

Just PLEASE!!! Let Rosie be over that Tom Cruise crush she used to have on her old show (And I'm not talking 'bout The View!)

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Nov 25, 2008 1:20:42 PM

6. She should have a crush on that Tommy Berklund instead--he's the dancer on the right. He's DREAMY.

Posted by: Jeff NYC | Nov 25, 2008 1:26:09 PM

7. she was absent during Prop 8 so I will be absent from my TV when that show comes on. With all the talk about boycotting businesses, let's start with boycotting members of our community that didn't get involved!

Posted by: SFQueen | Nov 25, 2008 1:26:34 PM

8. "the gayest" ??? Search: "think before you speak" on youtube, and think a little bit about it being time we all clean up our act as we work for our full equality in this country.

Posted by: tsg | Nov 25, 2008 1:43:39 PM

9. Yeah, turning on our own will help the cause! We should be glad that there is an out lesbian on TV. Get over it!

Posted by: Chris | Nov 25, 2008 1:45:50 PM

10. Why do people still insist on giving this woman TV time?

She is a crass, obnoxious, opportunistic pig and frankly, it's embarrassing to see her when she's trying to be some sort of spokesperson for the GLBT community.

Posted by: Another Matt | Nov 25, 2008 1:46:27 PM

11. MMMMMM, red-headed boy.

Posted by: SammySeattle | Nov 25, 2008 1:49:52 PM

12. Leland, IS there a "good way" to fuck Rosie? Blarg!

Posted by: Q | Nov 25, 2008 1:53:23 PM

13. I'm a big fan of Rosie's. I love that she's so real (the antithesis of people like Katie Couric and Barbara Walters) ...

Of course, it helps that her politics are my politics.

I'll be rooting for her.

Posted by: Rodney | Nov 25, 2008 2:11:49 PM

14. Go On ROSIE!!!! Love Her, Love Variety Shows!!!

Posted by: db | Nov 25, 2008 2:21:02 PM

15. Love love love Ro. she is soooo real and honest, too honest sometimes. Wish her well and will be watching.

Posted by: Mike | Nov 25, 2008 2:40:04 PM

16. Her politics are your politics?

Which ones would they be?

Sitting your fat ass on top of all your money while the No on Prop H8TE people were BEGGING for donations to try to fight the lies saturated CA TV funded by millions from the Mormons and Catholics?

Those politics?

When some DARED ask her on her blog why she wasn't helping, rudely responding that it was none of their business, blah blah blah?

Those politics?

Yes, she came out...AFTER she was already rich....AFTER years of pretending to have the hots for Tom Cruise....but that doesn't buy her a pass for the rest of her life from further responsibility to use her power, her influence, her wealth to help others.

She BETRAYED us, and keeping your empty heads up your asses forever won't change that fact.

Posted by: Leland Frances | Nov 25, 2008 3:03:44 PM

17. ...fuck barbara walters, what a PHONY! ...who cares if those hags on the view get along or not? ...as if anyone would ever like elizabeth...who doesn't even like herself that's why she's so busy judging others...JEEZ

Posted by: yeahisaidit | Nov 25, 2008 3:05:34 PM

18. Wow, I see the haterade is quite strong this Tuesday -- I love Rosie, and I think this show is going to be hilarious.

Posted by: cameron | Nov 25, 2008 3:20:03 PM

19. I wish the show would work...I think a lot of local guys n gals will get jobs...BUT

BUT

She has handled herself disgustingly these last few months...and I have no excuse...ever since her evil older brother infected her life...(no not the gay one) the OLD TIRED EVIL BROTHER she has let so much come to ill. But she is old enough to answer for her own behavior and it is tragic how she is trying to do a "comb-over" of her career.
    Wonder how her gala at the Marriot Hotel went over post PropH8 last night.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Nov 25, 2008 3:22:19 PM

20. i'm fascinated by the different views of rosie o'donnald. some people seem to love her for being who she is, and others seem to hate her for not being who they think she should be.

clearly all of your viewpoints are valid, simply because they are your own. but really, being gay doesn't make one an activist.

i attended the 'join the impact' rally in NC this month, and will continue to do what i feel is right for me in fighting for my rights for equality. i'll admit, i was disturbed by a great number of my gay and lesbian friends that did not attend...but im not going to chastise them for not following through with what i felt was right for me.

we're all human, we are all different...but even with our difference, we're all one in the same.

let's not let hate breed more hate. support and love your fellow brothers and sisters as they are who they choose to be...don't shun them because they aren't who you expect them to be. that does nothing but make you equal to those who are fighting so hard to keep us all down.

live with love, people.

Posted by: PB_NC | Nov 25, 2008 3:31:40 PM

21. I rather think that a number of these pro-Rosie posts today are plants. There are just too many of them to be credible.

And beyond her deplorable stance regarding Prop 8, what is it she's trying to say with her outfit?
    That she's glamorous?
    That she's sexy?
    That she loves dancing with men?
    That fur isn't dead?
    That she's always had a Madonna-circa-1985 fantasy?
    That she wants us to imagine her nude under there? (Yikes!)

I'll pass.

Posted by: Gianpiero | Nov 25, 2008 3:43:10 PM

22. Uh, Gavin has been quite absent during Prop 8 too. I haven't even heard a peep from him and definitely haven't seen him at any of the rallies or protests, unlike LA Mayor Villraigosa...

Where in the world is Gavin Newsom?

Posted by: Cody | Nov 25, 2008 4:14:52 PM

23. I wish Rosie would just GO... AWAY! She is soooo out of date. Fuck her and the wale she rode in on.

Posted by: Mr. E | Nov 25, 2008 4:16:25 PM

24. Where’s Gavin? Only everywhere:

On Dr. Phil

“When asked whether civil unions afforded the same rights as marriage, Newsom says, 'Of course not, Dr. Phil. The notion that separate is now somehow equal? That's anathema to what we stand for'."

On Anderson Coward Cooper’s show on CNN

All over YouTube, e.g., from MSNBC [Andy linked to at least one of these earlier].

On the Huffington Post.

In the “Washington Blade” saying Obama and Arnold weren’t assertive enough in their opposition to Prop H8TE.

Etc., etc.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | Nov 25, 2008 4:59:47 PM

25. To hell with Rosie. She threw us under the bus and never lifted a finger to help us on Prop 8. I'll never watch anything of hers ever again.

Posted by: Matt | Nov 25, 2008 5:10:56 PM