Bruce Weber | Javier Bardem | Magazines | Miami | Miami beach | News

Javier Bardem is Pretty in Pink for L'Uomo Vogue

Bardem

Bruce Weber shoots Javier Bardem in and out of a pink bathrobe for the new issue of L'Uomo Vogue. The issue features a 100-page portfolio on Weber's vision of life in Miami.

Said Italian Vogue editor-in-chief Franca Sozzani to WWD: "L’Uomo Vogue is not exactly what you call a fashion magazine anymore. Basically, I am more free than anyone else because I don’t think that you sell clothes through a [fashion] credit. I think that you go through an image, that you sell a dream, and [then] the clothes. I think that Javier Bardem in a pink bathrobe is more a fashion statement than to have something with a big logo on his shoulder."

More shots of Bardem, AFTER THE JUMP...

Bardem2

Bardem4

Bardem5 Bardem6

Bardem3

Comments

1. I think that Javier Bardem on a magazine cover looking handicapped with a cigar in his face is more a statement towards confirming the fashion industry's idiocy and general low I.Q.
    Is he still going to look hot with just half a tongue after having the cancer cut out?

Posted by: Pbar | Dec 11, 2008 10:54:52 AM

2. That is one sexy ass man! Earthy and manly, not plastic, steroidal or androgynous. More "realistic" sex symbols like this please, Andy.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Dec 11, 2008 10:55:12 AM

3. He is, and always has been, so hot. Great photo shoot--even though I can't stand cigars.

Posted by: David D. | Dec 11, 2008 11:10:47 AM

4. Javier is HOT Bruce Webber not so much. Bruce has no imagination anymore he’s been shooting photos in the same 80’s style for years. Like Annie Liebowitz and Herb Ritts he developed a style in a time period and won’t change or vary from it at all.

Posted by: ggreen | Dec 11, 2008 11:46:16 AM

5. Some people smoke cigars...get over it. I see nothing particularly glamourized about it in this shoot. If you are deriding L'uomo Vogue for making cigars 'look hot,' then you are projecting the fact that you think it looks hot onto it. I don't smoke, and all I see is a hot man with a cigar, not some insidious campaign to popularize smoking.

Posted by: Ugh | Dec 11, 2008 11:48:56 AM

6. Did you see the Bruce Webber photos of ballet dancer Roberto Bolle in the same issue? Unbelievable!

Posted by: Tom | Dec 11, 2008 11:50:45 AM

7. As hot as he is the cigar is such a turn off.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Dec 11, 2008 1:27:03 PM

8. Mmmmmm, talk dirty to me in your pink bathrobe and Spanish accent.

Posted by: noteasilyoffended | Dec 11, 2008 2:45:48 PM

9. Bruce Weber is a (probably) racist bore and a hack photographer. The man managed to go to Brazil and come back with a book full of white guys. His A&F NAMBLA pics make me want to jump into a Silkwood shower. When he goes to the south he manages to come back with pictures of fat black women and old greasy black men who play in juke joints in the Delta. Somehow, he can always find some white boy to talk into taking his shirt off but never a hot guy of color ( and Bardem is hot but not hardly a man of color so don't).
    100 pages of Chester the Molester is 99 1/2 pages WAY too many.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Dec 12, 2008 4:05:58 AM