New York | News | Nightlife | Underwear

BigGayDeal.com

New York's Finest....Bartenders

Next1frankbarracuda

New York's NEXT magazine was good enough to share a few exclusive outtakes from the shoot for its annual pull-out calendar with Towleroad.

The calendar features NYC bartenders shot by photographers Troy Phillips and Akimitsu Sadoi in the bars where they work. The bars involved this year are Barracuda, Posh, Vlada, Evolve, Splash, Stonewall Inn, No Parking, Gym Sportsbar, therapy, The Monster, D-Tox, and The Ritz. The boys are also showing off some C-IN2 underwear.

For you New Yorkers, the calendar, which they promise is packed with dates important to your social schedules, comes out in Friday's issue. The photos will also be posted at NEXT's website Friday.

Above, Frank from Barracuda.

Five more men — Ashton and Juan Castro from Evolve, Anton from The Ritz, and Jeff and Erwin from Splash Bar, AFTER THE JUMP...

Next2_2 Next3_2 Next4

Comments

1. Frank's thighs, meet Dback's tongue. Dback's tongue, meet Frank's thighs--for starters.

Posted by: Dback | Dec 11, 2008 7:48:55 PM

2. Hmmm. Looks like Jeff's underarm's could use a small lick-down. Yum. Yum. Next time while in New York...................

Posted by: SCOTT | Dec 11, 2008 8:20:09 PM

3. Jeff's pits meet Tralfaz's tongue.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Dec 11, 2008 9:01:20 PM

4. Ageist crap. Where are the tenders over 40? Amazing that they're referred to as "boys". "Oh well, youth, it's wasted on the young."

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Dec 11, 2008 9:33:42 PM

5. The bartender at my bar is a drag queen in a red wig and pearls usually with a Chanel type suit on....except that he doesn't shave or wear makeup.....guy looks just like my grandfather in a wig except not as hot.

Posted by: Beefandfur | Dec 11, 2008 10:50:21 PM

6. Ashton and Juan Castro made me limp SIGH

Posted by: DKNATL | Dec 11, 2008 10:58:54 PM

7. I'll take Jeff, please. He's lovely.

Posted by: paul c | Dec 11, 2008 11:16:28 PM

8. How sad to see the gay community stoop to the same appearance demagoguery as you see in straight men with their images of women in bikinis. We are no different, frankly.

Posted by: jason | Dec 11, 2008 11:29:26 PM

9. If that's NY's finest bartenders, then they can have them. There's more grease in those pics than in all that fried chicken we eat down here in OK. Yuk.

Posted by: clint | Dec 11, 2008 11:48:41 PM

10. Where's the bartenders that look like Ricky Martin??? With fur?

Posted by: Pecos Bill | Dec 12, 2008 12:10:18 AM

11. wow, i used to work at abercrombie with Anton. He's put on quite a bit of muscle and looks great.

And as for Jason's post: Since when HASN'T the gay community been on par with, if not even more taken to, demagoguery when compared to straight men? There's a time and a place for holier-than-thou rhetoric and I doubt a Towleroad post about gay NY bartenders is one of them. I take it you ordinarily would skip through the posts which admire the male physique, but THIS time you could not be silent!

We're all holding our breath for that hot editorial of bartenders with fabulous minds.

Posted by: Schmidty | Dec 12, 2008 12:24:04 AM

12. well the bartenders at splash have sure changed from when i lived in NYC. they used to be v. masculine, muscled MEN. now they're muscled twinks? le sigh. how times have changed.

Posted by: hughman | Dec 12, 2008 12:41:31 AM

13. Frank can top up my Screaming Orgasm any day of the week!

Posted by: wirrrrn | Dec 12, 2008 1:10:47 AM

14. Anton can serve me anytime!! (or vice versa, lol!)

Posted by: TGB | Dec 12, 2008 1:33:54 AM

15. As a fellow NYC bartender, I'm so glad I don't have to take my clothes off just to make just as much money as they do.

Then again, I'm assuming they're getting paid a lot for this shoot . . .

Boo.

Posted by: Allan in NYC | Dec 12, 2008 1:34:56 AM

16. Frank, Anton and Jeff can serve me anytime.. or vice versa.

Posted by: Kristoffer | Dec 12, 2008 4:58:04 AM

17. Anton is straight. Don't know about the rest of them.

Posted by: Nick | Dec 12, 2008 5:14:44 AM

18. JASON,

you are right that gay men and straight men are no different in that regard. beside that, what is your point?

Posted by: nic | Dec 12, 2008 7:02:02 AM

19. Frank is in those Levi's Ads on LOGO. Totally hot!

Posted by: mike | Dec 12, 2008 7:14:22 AM

20. Havent seen all the bartender photos yet but all i gotta say is the hottest bartender is Ben from downstairs at Gym Bar. just wait til u see. he's a straight one tho :(

Posted by: Rob | Dec 12, 2008 7:28:09 AM

21. It's amazing to see the vitriol come out from gays when something like this goes up on Towleroad. So much bitter projection. Why can't people admire or not, or just leave well enough alone.

These are fine looking guys. It's a pull-out calendar, for God's sake. It is what it is. Objectification of beauty whether it's gay or straight is fine with me. Not everyone's going to have the same opinion about it, and if we did, then the world would be a truly horrible place.

Some of the bitter people on this thread should take a good look in the mirror and check out the ugly soul that's looking back.

Posted by: tom | Dec 12, 2008 7:38:30 AM

22. Some may be bitter, Tom. I can't speak for them. And these guys are nice eye-candy, no doubt. But, IMHO, this sampling shows a very narrow view of NYC bartenders -- although I wouldn't expect any better from NEXT.

In all fairness though, I haven't seen the entire calendar.

Posted by: Taylor Siluwé | Dec 12, 2008 8:01:07 AM

23. Well nobody's going to mention the elephant in the room, so I will: Ashton is shamelessly plugging Captain Morgan.

Posted by: TikiHead | Dec 12, 2008 9:04:14 AM

24. These guys are hot, no doubt, but I agree with HUGHMAN: when I lived in NYC from 94-99, the bartenders at Splash were some MANLY dudes (god they were so hot/dreamy to this 24 y.o. at the time!!!)

Posted by: Mike | Dec 12, 2008 9:18:27 AM

25. maybe after midnight, in bad lighting, after a few drinks...

Posted by: Pbar | Dec 12, 2008 9:20:29 AM