Kiss | Music | Music Video | News | Pete Doherty

BigGayDeal.com

Extended Gay Kiss Caps New Video from Pete Doherty

Doherty1

The video for the new single from Pete, er, Peter Doherty's debut solo album Grace/Wastelands, called "Last of the English Roses" features Doherty scenes of Doherty playing football (and looking unusually ordinary) in a playground, and it's capped by a 30-second man-on-man kiss.

Doherty2 The in-an-out-of-detox former Libertines and current Babyshambles lead singer is known for his drug-related run-ins with the law, his relationship with model Kate Moss, and a side career in art in which many of the works are made with Doherty's own blood.

In 2004, Doherty appeared in a photo shoot by Andrew Kendall in which he swapped rocker spit with his friend and fellow musician Peter Wolfe.

In 2005, Doherty said in a biography by Pete Walsh that before he became famous in The Libertines he worked as a gay prostitute and drug dealer to make rent. Said Doherty: "I was working in a bar, selling drugs, working on a building site, writing poetry in the graveyard shift at The King's Head - and I was wanking off old queens for like £20. I remember once being taken back to this mews house in Chelsea, right old f**king badger he was. It was a bit daft actually. As he slept, I locked him in his room, tied a pair of trousers over his head and nicked all these American dollar bills out of his drawer. He's probably still there, with an erection, listening to CLASSIC FM radio."

Watch the video, AFTER THE JUMP...

Doherty3

Comments

1. GROSS. He would have to pay me £20B just to touch him.. ewwww

Posted by: Rovex | Feb 26, 2009 12:49:39 PM

2. I agree! Why is it that compromised douche bag public figures always assume that if they just get their gay on, they will rehabilitate their public image somehow? What can we call this phenomenon? Maybe "temp-gay for comeback-play?"

Posted by: Michael Boulton | Feb 26, 2009 12:56:26 PM

3. Sad, but drugs have completely eaten his good looks away. The dark circles under his eyes and bad teeth completely ruined this video for me. What should have been a hot kiss left me gagging. The song struck me as uninspired, too. Overall a poor effort.

Posted by: Don | Feb 26, 2009 12:58:35 PM

4. tried to use the links on the right side of the page apparently they don't work in any browser

Posted by: epic | Feb 26, 2009 1:06:24 PM

5. I honestly had no idea wtf he was even singing about! LoL.

But i wholeheartedly agree that the mouth was the problem here

Posted by: Justin | Feb 26, 2009 1:12:41 PM

6. I think the kiss was pretty sexy, though.

Posted by: rob | Feb 26, 2009 1:27:37 PM

7. he's not playing gay in this video... the two boys kissing at the end are two other boys - the two that are in the last shot on the court... just thought i'd point that out since some of the comments refer to him being one of the two.

Posted by: J | Feb 26, 2009 1:30:46 PM

8. @ Michael Boulton: how can he be getting his "gay on." ...considering he was tuning tricks w/ men before he got famous and his old (and way better) band, tackled racism and homophobia in their music.

That being said...his teeth qualify him for the BIG BOOK OF BRITISH SMILES.

Posted by: Dubwise | Feb 26, 2009 1:40:51 PM

9. Barf. Junkie trash.

Posted by: TANK | Feb 26, 2009 2:19:41 PM

10. I like the song.

Posted by: sparks | Feb 26, 2009 2:29:30 PM

11. He looks like he smells like pee.

Posted by: Bakeley | Feb 26, 2009 2:51:48 PM

12. I liked the kiss at the end, but I thought it wasn;t him. He's gross and the music was boring.

Posted by: Josh | Feb 26, 2009 3:06:36 PM

13. Of pee, bakeley, of pee.

Posted by: TANK | Feb 26, 2009 3:08:22 PM

14. Who kisses like that? like ducks.
    there is too much empty awkward negative space in between. kisses should be enclosing, enveloping, ensnaring. not two mouths awkwardly gaping.

Posted by: Ron | Feb 26, 2009 5:13:02 PM

15. anyone else agree about the weird awkward empty negative space kiss?

Posted by: Ron | Feb 26, 2009 5:13:58 PM

16. The Libertines label was "rough trade records" -- literally -- for a reason, and this ain't Pete's first man-on-man kiss. See? For some gay is beyond cute-sy Lady CaCa.

Posted by: She Ain't No Lady | Feb 26, 2009 5:41:51 PM

17. @RON,

no, dear, you are alone on this. "negative space kiss"? what are you on about, girl?

Posted by: nic | Feb 26, 2009 6:06:22 PM

18. I saw tongue in that kiss. I liked that song, coming from Pete I suppose, not familiar with his band much other than he's a great big mess.
    I also agree with "She Ain't No Lady"'s comment. For some gays it's totally beyond dance pop tarts. The majority of my music collection is old Punk, Indie, Rockabilly and 50's/60's Soul.

Posted by: mb00 | Feb 26, 2009 8:00:10 PM

19. I've been with guys who stank before, but can you imagine licking his hole? He probably has pimples on his ass.

Posted by: davefromtampa | Feb 26, 2009 9:04:39 PM

20. He looks butch enough in the rubgy shirt but honestly what language is he singing in?

Posted by: PuddyKatz | Feb 26, 2009 10:16:45 PM

21. Carl & Pete: The good old days

Posted by: She Ain't No Lady | Feb 26, 2009 11:25:27 PM

22. I thought it was an adorable video - as to getting his "gay on," Dubwise is right that his history backs up his use of topical gay references.
    I like who pete is and I like the video. It was pretty progressive in both topic and tempo.
    Britain seems to allow more room for imperfections than most of the usa and I appreciate Pete's use of boys who don't meet the mass approved (yet seldom achieved in real life)image.
    And as to the kiss....I thought it was sexy. Kissing is about catch and release, not smothering your lover.

Posted by: nico89 | Feb 27, 2009 2:15:58 AM

23. aw, i rather like the song and the video. i do feel for him cause hes a serious junky but i dont think hes trying to be gay or get trendy with the kiss. hes actually quite talented and im sure gay friendly.

not a bad song. not the best either though...

Posted by: petespipe | Feb 27, 2009 2:21:09 AM

24. I'm not a fan of Pete Doherty, but I love how his teeth, face, voice, body, suspected smell and suspected ass pimples upset prissy American queens. You go girls - own that sterotype!!

Posted by: Lubin Odana | Feb 27, 2009 3:33:15 AM

25. pete doherty is a lady boy :]

yet all the while an incredibly song writer, and musciian who has problems just like everyody else.

and i suppose theres not much to say except maybe that the libertines are supposedly coming back together.

Posted by: NUKE em ALL! | Feb 27, 2009 9:47:28 AM