Film | Kiss | News | Sean Penn

BigGayDeal.com

Sean Hannity Freaks Out Over Gay Kisses at the Oscars

FOX's Sean Hannity freaked out that gays got some recognition at the Oscars so he brought on a panel to discuss it. Hannity himself seemed most disturbed by the shots of gay kissing broadcast in the romance montage.

Gaykiss Said Hannity: “They keep showing the scenes of men kissing. And I’m thinking do we have to expose our children to more and more sex, more and more violence, you know, more and more controversy?...Listen, I’m just more sensitive. If it’s going to be a family event, you know, and you want to — you can’t watch a lot of programs now because of the adult content. We’re robbing these kids...of their childhood. We’re over-sexualizing them at younger and younger ages.”

GLAAD produced a clip itemizing the onscreen kisses during the Oscar broadcast: Straight 14, Gay 3.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. A kiss isn't sex and Hannity's not worried about "oversexualizing" kids. What a liar. He's worried about kids being exposed to homos expressing love and being treated as normal. I'd have more respect for the SOB if he'd just be honest and say he hates fags. It would be ugly and ignorant but at least it would be honest. How did this know-nothing blowhard ever get this far in life?

Posted by: sam | Feb 27, 2009 9:59:13 AM

2. I'm so exhausted by this crap.

Mr. Hannity (and many like you on the wrong side of history and humanity): STFU.

Posted by: ichabod | Feb 27, 2009 10:04:46 AM

3. What a SHIT!!!
    Gays, lesbians are reality.

Posted by: Martin | Feb 27, 2009 10:06:13 AM

4. Hannity states clearly that he has not problem with straight people kissing "but don't show me a man sticking his toungue down another man's throat when my kids are watching..." What an ass! He even mentions something about not showing that stuff "in the light of day"... Oh my God! Seriously?! I'm fully aware that Fox news is a joke but this has got to stop!

Posted by: Wayne | Feb 27, 2009 10:10:28 AM

5. Wow... I guess according to Hannity, I'm getting more sex than I realized, every time I kiss my partner goodbye or hello or goodnight.

What an idiot.

Posted by: johnny | Feb 27, 2009 10:15:48 AM

6. Hannity never lets us down.

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Feb 27, 2009 10:18:04 AM

7. Sean Hannity homophobic? Gee... who would have thunk it?

I guess he doesn't have a problem with every TV show, movie and commercial showing men and women kissing while his kids are watching. F*cking hypocrite.

Posted by: David in Houston | Feb 27, 2009 10:25:11 AM

8. Didn't Harvey Fierstein rail against this some 27 years ago in "Torch Song Trilogy"? It's the idea that gay people don't love, they just have sex. It was actually a tame kiss--in public, both characters clothed, etc. Compare that to the regular bedroom makeouts that straight people get on TV and in the movies, and the stench of hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Posted by: Dback | Feb 27, 2009 10:25:57 AM

9. I was just happy that the gays were portrayed as normal by working them in with the rest of the kisses. Not that they aren't normal, but you know what I mean.

Posted by: MichaelK | Feb 27, 2009 10:27:48 AM

10. He's worried people will notice his stiffy.

Posted by: anon | Feb 27, 2009 10:32:54 AM

11. He got a chubby watching it, so he's freaking out about it. :P

Posted by: Al | Feb 27, 2009 10:33:33 AM

12. Look, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage... the whole lot of them are just assholes pushing their own fear mongering and hate speech down America's throats. The only reason they continue to thrive is because people listen to them. Turn them off and they will go away. We should be speaking out against them not to them.

Posted by: Rob A | Feb 27, 2009 10:41:54 AM

13. SEAN HANNITY FREAKS OUT OVER... and you can pretty much fill in anything you want. The law of gravity, the sun shining, OctoMom's flapping labias.

Not only is the little man unhinged, he's quite the hypocrite since HANNIDATE, "The place where people of like conservative minds can come together to meet." (barf), openly promotes the "homosexual lifestyle":

Hannity goes for Brokeback
    Exploring Fox News anchor Sean Hannity's online dating service, which includes an option for gay men:

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Feb 27, 2009 10:46:09 AM

14. The Pilgrims were among this country's first English-speaking inhabitants and they were sexually repressed and pro-guns...those attitudes are part of this country's foundation. And look what it's evolved into. Not much has changed! Someone like Sean Hannity doesn't bat at eye at the mind-numbing amount of violence that has taken over primetime (as well as daytime) televsion, but show him 3 harmless same-sex kisses and he shits in his pants. VOILENCE is the real problem in this country (even children are now killing!)and Hannity's homophohbia actually feeds that hunger for voilence.

Posted by: Lee | Feb 27, 2009 10:52:41 AM

15. If he's actually worried about exposing kids to violence, why hasn't he ever convened one of his brilliant expert panels to condemn violence? There was a shitload of violence in the Super Bowl. He must have missed that.

As for the claim of exposure to sexuality....uhhh...these are just kisses. The stuff that goes on round the clock on every tv channel with heterosexuals is what is nasty and shocking.

Did any of the experts on his panel call him out on that?

How many kids in 2009 want to sit through the fucking Oscars anyway? I don't even have the patience for that and I'm not a crackberry baby.

Posted by: paul c | Feb 27, 2009 10:56:06 AM

16. I've programed my cable box to eliminate Fox News from the channel guide. If they say anything of importance I'll read it here.

Posted by: Bob West | Feb 27, 2009 11:14:40 AM

17. If I'm not mistaken, the Oscars were rated TV-14. That small bubble kept popping up on the broadcast. That means that there might be some material on the broadcast that is not meant for children under 14. Does Hannity not know what this means? If he is so concerned, then he shouldn't let his children watch it. Would he let his children into an R-rated movie? No, because he knows that because of the rating there is material in the movie that is not appropriate to children under 17. The Oscars gave him fair warning and he continued to watch anyway.

Posted by: Erik | Feb 27, 2009 11:17:17 AM

18. Nobody watches the Oscars even less for the post MTV generation. I ain't buying what he is selling here.

Posted by: richard s | Feb 27, 2009 11:21:27 AM

19. Of course, this pisses us off but do we expect anything else from Hannity??? What frosts me is supposed progressive commentators like Chris Matthews, for example, who barely manages to contain the "ew icks" when discussing anything gay.

Posted by: sean | Feb 27, 2009 11:24:38 AM

20. Good thing for him he doesn't live in Europe where straight men greet each other with a kiss.

Posted by: Craig | Feb 27, 2009 11:25:47 AM

21. @ Bob West:
    I too have bloocked FOX News from my cable box for more than a year now.
    And I wrote Time Warner that I did so because I did not want my family to be exposed to this type of objectionable programming.
    I wish more would do that.

Posted by: MCnNYC | Feb 27, 2009 11:41:10 AM

22. OH MY! What do we do now? I mean....We can't kiss? I suggest not taking your children to foriegn countries where kissing on the cheeks is the norm. For both male and female. Come on Sean..oversexing? Do your kids live in a bubble? All their friends listen to music or play video games that are ful of violence and sex. OH OH wait. Maybe your one of those Christian Fundies that try to push your beliefs on others. And my friend..if you ask your kids they may even know of a gay or lesbian in their school. Might even be one of their friends. You people only see what you want. There was more straight couple kissing than gay. You want to blame us? 90% of the violence and sex on the TV Tube or in music is all from straight people. Most crime against children is done by straight people. And 3 little kisses among the many others that night have you in an uproar? Where are your prorities?

Posted by: Michael | Feb 27, 2009 11:50:44 AM

23. take a step back and try to perceive reality larger than this one moment.

The wheel of time is rolling over these guys just like it did over nazis, slave owners, puritans, the inquisition, etc etc ad infinitum

Our perspective limits us to seeing the psycho-social maturation/evolution of humanity but it moves ever on. 1/2 these guys will be totally forgotten while the other half will be looked back on as embarrassments to humanity, and at best just little bumps in the road. The wheel keeps turning.

Fight fight fight and never give up, but what my long winded gobblly gook is meant for is to say have hope. We might not personally reap the benefits of progress but our future brothers and sisters will.

Ever onwards the generations become more and more progressive. It is long and painful but the wheel ever turns and progress always comes. It can only be slowed down. Never stopped.

Posted by: Jimmyboyo | Feb 27, 2009 11:51:43 AM

24. To Sean Hannity: Bitch, PLEASE! I hope your little snowflakes don't walk by a TV when any of the soaps are on, and see what the heteros are doing! They might melt!

Posted by: troschne | Feb 27, 2009 11:54:24 AM

25. Senator Scott Renfroe spoke the truth.
    Whatever you think, you will not be able to change God's Word and will one day have to pay the price for not believing what God has written.
    Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Posted by: Rev Donald Spitz | Feb 27, 2009 12:14:36 PM