Israel | Ivri Lider | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Israeli Pop Star Ivri Lider Kissed a Girl and He Liked It

Lider

A soft, dreamy cover of the Katy Perry track by gay Israeli pop star Ivri Lider.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via joemygod)

In related news, OUT has an interview up with singer/songwriter Jen Foster, who has released a song in response to Katy Perry.

Comments

1. Not the best cover, but he's very nice in person. And Cute too.

Posted by: RJ | Mar 31, 2009 2:51:50 PM

2. No.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 31, 2009 3:00:20 PM

3. Wait...oh hell no.

Posted by: TANK | Mar 31, 2009 3:00:36 PM

4. Not so great. This is by far a better cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCTHvfzJ2eY

Posted by: Chip | Mar 31, 2009 4:33:52 PM

5. The McFly cover from Radio One Live Lounge is the best cover I've heard:

Posted by: wetcnt | Mar 31, 2009 4:56:07 PM

6. I like that version a lot. It's very chill. Those other two that the posters seem a little amateurish and not to be taken seriously.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Mar 31, 2009 5:49:33 PM

7. Oh great...all of the "cured" gays can have a new theme song. Just kiss a girl and you'll like it.

If there's a punchline at the end that I missed, sorry, but I couldn't make it through the whole thing. 30 seconds of a whiner moaning on the bathroom floor at Sushi Samba is just about my limit.

Posted by: paul c | Mar 31, 2009 6:33:10 PM

8. Paul, I think the punchline is that it is an openly gay pop star singing this, and he has stayed that way. I mean hell, I've kissed a girl, and it wasn't bad. It's the ladybits that I don't care for.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Mar 31, 2009 7:26:21 PM

9. I've kissed a girl, and I liked it. I just like kissing boys more. A gay boy performing this song doesn't make him "cured" or "ex-gay" anymore than the original made Katy Perry ex-straight. (Tho you never know with those girls!) I wasn't crazy about Katy's version (even if it got lodged in my head for weeks), but I like this version, and thanks to WETCNT for the other one, which is very cool.

Posted by: Ernie | Mar 31, 2009 9:13:01 PM

10. this cover was a snooze. i know the "irony" of a man singing this song, but neither this or the original is as daring as it pretends to be.

Katy Perry basically pretends to be some sort of c*ck tease,playing on hetero fantasies of girl on girl action, and then in the video not a single girl on girl kiss. She played it safe with some slight provocation, but wont go the the entire distance.

Could you imagine Fall Out Boy singing "I kissed a Boy"..it would have been a hella more provocative and interesting....and chart suicide... Or katie singing I kissed a black/jew/arab etc.

Posted by: Astro | Apr 1, 2009 11:41:47 AM

11. Parodying Katy Perry with "I kissed a boy" isn't exactly original.

The Southpark Stan+Kyle version is particularly funny.

Posted by: I Too Kissed A Boy... | Apr 1, 2009 3:30:04 PM