Alex Meraz | Film | News | Robert Pattinson

Alex Meraz: Robert Pattinson Smells Like Roses

Meraz_pattinson

Alex Meraz, who plays Paul, a member of Jacob Black's Quileute wolf pack in the upcoming Twilight sequel New Moon, was asked about rumors that Pattinson stinks because he never showers.

Said Meraz: "He smells like roses! The first time I met him, I was like, 'Dude, you smell fantastic!' I don't know where people get this stuff from. He blushed and did his hair thing. He's comfortable in his own sexuality."

Watch the clip, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. He still looks smelly, no matter what Alex has to say.

Posted by: Critifur | Apr 17, 2009 12:51:51 PM

2. Really Alex? You complimented him on how he smelled? Really?

Jesus, its like PR people don't even try anymore, they just assume that the public are a bunch of salivating idiots.

Posted by: Scott | Apr 17, 2009 12:55:06 PM

3. alex is a hottie. i'll defer to his conclusion.

Posted by: nic | Apr 17, 2009 12:56:33 PM

4. Roses? Maybe that's what flavor douche he used.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Apr 17, 2009 1:03:08 PM

5. Don't roses grow in manure?

Posted by: JerzeeMike | Apr 17, 2009 1:40:19 PM

6. alex is a mejicano-americano born and raised in arizona. his origins are in the state of michoacan, mexico. but, according to the piss-ant brad, he's probably not mexican enough.

Posted by: nic | Apr 17, 2009 2:20:40 PM

7. Alex is cute, love the latin hotties.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Apr 17, 2009 3:01:29 PM

8. Yeah, I had the same impression as Scott... especially with the "He's comfortable in his own sexuality" bit. What the hell did that have to do with anything? That whole speel was obviously concocted by a PR person and made for Meraz to rehearse.

Posted by: RP | Apr 17, 2009 3:18:27 PM

9. @SCOTT and RP,

when did you two give up trying?

Posted by: nic | Apr 17, 2009 3:50:34 PM

10. @Nic

Could you clarify that question for us?

Posted by: Scott | Apr 17, 2009 4:00:56 PM

11. "Jesus, its like PR people don't even try anymore...."

Scott, you watch your bigoted mouth! Why, some of my best trade was Puerto Rican. And they smelled better than you'll ever......most of 'em.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 17, 2009 4:05:22 PM

12. Wow - I had taken PR to mean Public Relations, as in wow, his handlers really picked a lame way to try and convince the salivating public that he doesn't stink as much as he's rumoured too.

Posted by: steve | Apr 17, 2009 5:11:10 PM

13. Nic

I agree, he is a cutie. Alex is far cuter than yuck pattinson

I am surprised the PR people let the "smells like roses...." thing slip by their anti-gay radar

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Apr 17, 2009 5:35:25 PM

14. @Derrick

I smell like roses. It's true, Puerto Ricans tell me that all the time.

Posted by: Scott | Apr 17, 2009 5:55:55 PM

15. sure,SCOTT, i'll clarify my question. when did pat, threadbare responses begin to equal rationality? this boy says something off the cuff (for, why should we presume otherwise?) yet, you and RP jump to unsubstantiated conclusions. i will repeat the question: "when did you two give up trying?"

@DERRICK fp, the kid is mexican, not puerto-rican. no offence, but i like to keep my flavors straight.

Posted by: nic | Apr 17, 2009 7:16:44 PM

16. @Nic

Uhm... What else did I need to say? The whole story is pretty clearly a PR move to try and head off this stupid "Robert Pattenson smells" meme. The PR guy could have tried a bit harder. Why did that need to be expounded upon?

And just because there is always one, PR means "Press Relations" not "Puerto Rican". I only know one Puerto Rican who thinks I'm an idiot but I don't think that guys attitude towards me is representative of the island as a whole.

Posted by: Scott | Apr 17, 2009 9:08:19 PM

17. My god pattinson is sexy as hell.
    Yummy yummy

HOT!!!

Posted by: daveynyc | Apr 18, 2009 12:24:22 AM

18. SCOTT,
    no harm, no foul. don't, however, confuse my comment with DERRICK's. as far as i can tell, DERRICK is a good-natured, wise-ass that can play with words as well as anyone. lookit, he made PR (public relations) into puerto-rican. and, you took his comment at face value. who's the fool?

this is what i don't like: the compartmentalization of humans. to wit: i have questions about what's going on in the middle-east, so i hate jews or i hate islam.
    i question barack (though, right now i've got his back) and i'm a racist. i supported hillary, so i'm a lesbian feminist. i support my culture, but i am not mexican enough. where will this all end?

let's be nicer to each other.

Posted by: nic | Apr 18, 2009 7:02:31 AM

19. You do hate jews, Nic. YOU DO. You're an antisemite, and I proved it.

He smells like what again? Roses? Is this the beginning of a bromance? Nah.

Posted by: TANK | Apr 18, 2009 3:46:57 PM