Adam Lambert | American Idol | I'm Gay | Kris Allen | News

American Idol Judge Kara DioGuardi Outs Adam Lambert on The View

Allen_lambert#idol

In an appearance on The View airing today, American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi outs Adam Lambert.

ABC News reports: "Asked by Barbara Walters whether Lambert's perceived sexuality may have influenced 'Idol' voters, DioGuardi said, 'Well, first of all, I hope not ... because we should be judging on talent and viability in the music industry and they both [Lambert and Allen] had that.' Either way, she said, 'I don't think that Adam [Lambert] was ever in [the closet],' DioGuardi continued. 'I think he was always openly out.'"

What we do know is that DioGuardi always openly wants attention.

Also, here's a high-larious interview with Lambert by Michelle Collins at Best Week Ever.

And interview with Lambert and Kris Allen, in which Lambert admits he is a top,
AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. interactive ad? the MOST ANNOYING EVER.

Something else to block. If that's the cost of watching a video on this site, I'd find a new site.

Posted by: sparks | May 29, 2009 9:03:23 AM

2. You can't "out" someone who is not closeted.

I don't understand all of the disdain for Kara. I wasn't that fond of her on Idol this year (but much of that could be her following the path the producers set for her), but I listen to her when she is a guest on Larry Flick's Sirius OutQ Morning Show and I think she is great. She is clearly an ally.

Posted by: Swellster | May 29, 2009 9:13:07 AM

3. I was put off initially by Kara's confrontation with Bikini Girl during the auditions. I thought Kara's success in the industry would bring a new edge to the show. Instead, she came off as insecure when she initiated the sing-off with BG. And she didn't sing it any better.

While I grew to like Kara during the run of the show, I was sad to see this misstep replayed during the finale. My only hope during that trainwreck was that Mariah herself descend the stairs and finish the song, showing both of them how it's really done.

And now this interview confirms she really really really needs attention.

Posted by: Sean | May 29, 2009 9:59:59 AM

4. SPARKS - The interactive ad is from the Us Mag player, not because Andy put it there. And since the interview was an Us Mag interview, I don't know how many other places he could find that clip.

Posted by: gabriel | May 29, 2009 10:08:33 AM

5. They are so freaking adorable together!
    A fine bro-mance!

Posted by: Cubear | May 29, 2009 10:09:07 AM

6. Actually, based on the crack-up, I think he outed himself as a bottom! ;-)

Posted by: Carl | May 29, 2009 10:35:04 AM

7. I have it on good authority that Adam will be coming out on the cover of the next Rolling Stone.

Posted by: Dave | May 29, 2009 10:45:18 AM

8. Kara only outed him as "out" but didn't say what he was out as. He could be out among his friends and family as gay or out as bisexual (one of those two is likley, of course) or even out as a straight guy who just likes having fun with stupid evasive questions instead of answering them. To get really hypothetical, he could even be out as some identity category the American public never even thinks of.
    I can imagine the surprise if he were to come out as an XYY person or as a male lesbian or something like that.

Posted by: GregV | May 29, 2009 12:58:33 PM

9. Dear US - Yours is the worst implementation of Flash I've ever seen. FIX YOUR CODE.

Posted by: Steve | May 29, 2009 1:47:07 PM

10. Who cares if Adam is gay, straight or bi the man can sing and perform like no other! He is the true American Idol!

Posted by: anna | May 29, 2009 3:05:18 PM

11. A top? Yeah, right. So is Norman Gentle.

Posted by: johnny | May 29, 2009 7:21:14 PM

12. Stop complaining about ads on this site people, Andy needs to eat too !!

Posted by: ty | May 30, 2009 12:49:53 PM

13. I do not care for Kara..the other judges does not go out to hurt anyone and I think Adam is a great guy and the most talented and wish they would leave him alone...Does it really matter, it don't to me and I am a 70 year old woman who just think he is talented, and very handsome and love his rock look and the elvis look....Kris is a sweet guy but no great entertainer like Adam...Leave him alone and let him make music.......

Posted by: Peggy | May 30, 2009 8:31:39 PM

14. What is Kara's problem? Does she think it
    is her "job" to OUT people? I did not think
    much of her as a judge,and I think even less of her as a person. IF Adam is gay of
    bi who cares,it is not her place to say any
    thing about it. It is totally up to Adam. Not Kara,You really have your head up your
    ass!