BigGayDeal.com

Will Florida Elect a Gay Senator? Charlie Crist to Announce Run

The Pensacola News Journal reports that Florida Governor Charlie Crist, who is exposed as a gay man in the new documentary Outrage, will announce on Tuesday that he is running for the Senate:

Crist "Gov. Charlie Crist plans to make his long-awaited political announcement on Tuesday, probably setting off a Republican chain reaction by jumping into the race for retiring U.S Sen. Mel Martinez's job...For several months, Crist has refused to say whether he would seek re-election or run for the Senate, insisting that he was solely 'focused on Florida' through the legislative session...With Crist running for the Senate, a scramble for the governor's mansion is assured. The entire Cabinet is likely to run, thus opening up statewide races for those posts."

Outrage_small Crist is a major focus of Kirby Dick's new documentary Outrage, which exposes closeted politicians and their hypocritical voting records. The film shines an especially unflattering spotlight on Florida Governor Charlie Crist, devoting much of its time to the stories that have already been told (by alternative press) about the governor, and his various relationships with women which have fallen conveniently during campaign periods. It also asks why mainstream media has refused to cover them. The filmmakers attempted to talk to Kelly Heyniger (pictured, with Crist), Crist's last girlfriend before marrying wife Carole Rome in the run-up to McCain's VP pick. His relationship with Heyniger ended in 2007. The filmmakers wanted to ask her about his sexuality. Heyniger told them: "I think I'll just keep my mouth shut...call me in 10 years and I'll tell you a story."

Outrage opened this weekend in San Francisco, West Hollywood, Philadelphia, New York, and Washington D.C..

Comments

1. He supported amendment 2. Of all the potential to elect a gay senator, I certainly hope it's not this man, assuming he's gay.

Posted by: Lucrece | May 11, 2009 10:11:55 AM

2. "call me in 10 years and I'll tell you a story"... how about a quarter hour, starting NOW?

Posted by: brian | May 11, 2009 10:19:47 AM

3. No "assuming" necessary. He's a viscious self-loathing closet case, and enemy of the LBGT people everywhere. All the skinny's in the movie.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 11, 2009 10:45:26 AM

4. He actually came out for Prop 2? I'm for outing him then and costing him the primary

Posted by: Andrew | May 11, 2009 10:48:42 AM

5. I love me some Crist.

Posted by: Mr. Poe | May 11, 2009 11:23:16 AM

6. I thought he didn't come out, so to speak, either way regarding Amendment 2. I might be wrong however.

Posted by: Michael | May 11, 2009 11:26:58 AM

7. But, does anybody have any "TRUE" evidence that he is gay?

Or are the producers of Outrage indirectly implying that he is so closeted that he is "celibate"!

Who has slept with him??????

Posted by: Godfrey | May 11, 2009 11:28:39 AM

8. "I thought he didn't come out, so to speak, either way regarding Amendment 2. I might be wrong however."

He did come out, in favor of Amendment 2. He may be closeted in his sexuality, but he was open about being anti-gay going into the last election.

Posted by: Ernie | May 11, 2009 11:41:18 AM

9. If he's Voted against LGBT people having Equality OUT HIM NOW! Not 10yrs from now...NOW! Ok Fellow Gays - someone somehwere knows something about someone who's had HOT MANSEX with him.....come out come out where-ever you are!!!

Posted by: Disgusted American | May 11, 2009 3:23:28 PM

10. He's very anti-gay.Why is he so virulent?.Who knows but the rumours grow and grow.Who ever knows is not talking.To much money passing hands under the table.

Posted by: Oscar in Miami Beach | May 11, 2009 5:47:33 PM