Advertising | Bruce Weber | Fashion Men | News

Golden Retrievers Pant for Shiny Moncler Jackets

Moncler

Cutest ad I've seen in a while, but probably the most expensive coat your dog would ever wear.

Moncleer2They're custom made for a Moncler campaign shot by Bruce Weber, which also features a self-portrait of Weber himself, along with his other fetish — a cadre of shirtless male models in a Sisyphean exercise.

The NYT's Cathy Horyn writes: "The shoot was done at Golden Beach, Florida, where Mr. Weber and his partner Nan Bush have a home. As charming as the self-portrait is, with Mr. Weber appearing to snooze amid the tools of his trade, I liked how he incorporated his sense of play into the images. He had Moncler down jackets made for his golden retrievers, and he had a giant ball made from a bunch of coats, which some guys are seen pushing up a gravel pile. At the same time, the absence of an overt fashion message is interesting, and, of course, effective."

Comments

1. And those dog jackets are the blackest thing you will ever see in a Bruce Weber shoot.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jun 18, 2009 2:16:46 PM

2. Uh, this shit is the reason that Bruno exists.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 18, 2009 2:20:56 PM

3. If you're going to try to sell down jackets, do you really want to send the message "so flimsy that they won't warm up a thick-coated dog in Florida"?

Posted by: Blurgle | Jun 18, 2009 2:29:09 PM

4. I just want to say how lame it is that Towleroad is now censoring comments and posting controversial posts without a 'Comments' sections. Very right-wing.

Apparently the Chastity Bono post got some negative response. SO WHAT! It doesn't matter how vicious it is, ideas should be aired so they can be countered. I also don't want to see this site complain about censorship ever again. Coffee Bean is banning Towleroad, but Towleroad is banning ideas it doesn't agree with. HYPOCRISY! If you aren't going to allow comments, than don't post about Chastity Bono or transgender issues at all. Either that or stop complaining about other people censoring.

Posted by: paul | Jun 18, 2009 2:48:52 PM

5. Bruce Weber lives with a woman? Is she is business partner? I'm confused......

Posted by: busytimmy | Jun 18, 2009 2:54:47 PM

6. For over twenty years Bruce Weber has refused to shoot people of color. When all other forms of advertising have fully embraced diversity, the fashion industry STILL refuses to acknowledge the beauty of Color. The man went to BRAZIL (!) and didn't manage to put any Blacks in his book!

It's people like the leering quasi pedophile Weber and ALL the editors at every fashion magazine who keep this crap up. I personally find it offensive every time I see some slathering over his hackneyed "work" The person who wrote the commentary about the photo shoot is really living in a NYC 7th avenue bubble of dumbass proportions.

I am sorry for the rant, but, the continuing promotion of this racist , self hating, pig just burns me up!

Posted by: Derek Washington | Jun 18, 2009 3:06:38 PM

7. My goodness,the gays are in a lather today!!!

Posted by: CB | Jun 18, 2009 3:15:19 PM

8. Moncler was a hot "must-have" more than 2 seasons ago, it's now shark-jumped after so many feeble copies by lesser labels and the over-exposure on backs of crass fashion victims.
    Unfortunately Moncler's gone to the dogs..

Posted by: NSFW | Jun 18, 2009 3:39:41 PM

9. I don't understand why someone would get fired up about Bruce Weber not photographing anyone of color. I'm not entirely up to date on what he does, though he seems to be sort of a one note johnny as far as I can tell...everything looks the same. So he loses relevance as an artist.

Everyone and their mother has a camera, and they're free to photograph whatever they like. Why would you get offended by one man's personal taste, however redundant it's become? If he's only taking pictures of white frat boys, there's a massive opportunity for other people to put their vision out there and photograph other types of people.

If he owned the only camera in the world and wouldn't share it, then I could see being irked. So go out and show him that you have something better in mind than what he does.

Posted by: paul c | Jun 18, 2009 4:55:40 PM

10. Paul C

My favorite Cheney psychophant

You claim it is weber's right to take what pictures he wants and others should just go take what pictures they want.

Well, that covers your bitching about people bitching.

If you don't like it, then go start your own web site where you can wax poetic about the beauty of lily white skin 24/7 365 and only white skin.

I hope you see the hypocrisy of your own post

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jun 18, 2009 6:23:15 PM

11. Paul, can you explain what you're talking about?

Derek, I agree that Weber is tired and mostly shoots the same type of guy, but that awful series of "greeting cards" that Andy posted a few weeks ago did contain a few men of color. So he's not entirely "refusing" to include them. He's just, as you say, a repetitive, lecherous old closet case.

BusyTimmy, his wife funded a lot of his early projects. I too was shocked to learn he has a wife, but it's obviously a farce.

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 18, 2009 6:30:29 PM

12. Actually, no Jimmyboyo, I don't see hypocrisy in my post...but I do see lots of feeblemindedness in yours. As usual.

If anything you ever write starts to make sense to me, I'm afraid I may give up my will to live.

Posted by: paul c | Jun 18, 2009 8:05:48 PM

13. Paul R, I have to say that one lousy greeting card with Black twins on it does not make a case for Webber in the least.

BTW, did you notice how the writing on that card was across their bodies while the cards with white models had the words carefully placed around them so that the view was unobstructed? Hmm...

Posted by: Q | Jun 19, 2009 3:09:20 PM

14. Nice to meet you.
    There is much information of moncler.
    I am a fan of moncler

Posted by: Moncler Mania | Jul 5, 2010 7:58:53 AM

15. I am a fan of moncler,and I often buy doudoune from the internet, it is cheap.and nice.

Posted by: Herve | Sep 11, 2010 9:29:30 AM