Gay Marriage | John Eichelberger | News | Pennsylvania | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

PA Sen. Eichelberger Refuses to Apologizes for Anti-Gay Statements

Eichelberger

Pennsylvania Senator John Eichelberger was confronted at his office yesterday by a group of activists and presented with a stack of petitions objecting to his statements in an interview earlier this month that gay couples are dysfunctional.

Eichelberger is sponsoring a bill to ban same-sex marriage in the state.

When asked in the interview, "Should our only policy towards [same-sex] couples be one of punishment, to somehow prove that they’ve done something wrong?"  Eichelberger responded: "They’re not being punished. We’re allowing them to exist..."

When asked if he would apologize, Eichelberger answered, "No. I think you know my answer to that."

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. How about we gays get together and create a fund (kind of like CrimeStoppers) to pay for tips on the mistresses of two-faced hypocritical scumbags like this guy? With his outspokeness againt gay marriage, it's only a matter of time before he is running to Argentina to visit his whore.

Sanctitiy of marriage, my ass.

Posted by: Olive Yurdich | Jun 30, 2009 9:27:09 AM

2. Allowing them to exist????
    Who the fuk is he, to even be allowed to say that??
    I am so over these right wing nuts who think they are more righteous and morally correct then anyone else.
    Lets stick these buttchunks in say.... a Muslim country and see how they get along! Maybe if they were part of a minority and had a religious organization targeting them they would have a little more insight, and compassion.
    This is why I can't stand fu**ing religions of any kind..

Posted by: rock | Jun 30, 2009 10:08:07 AM

3. How 'bout someone catches him alone and just kicks the shit out of him?

Posted by: Mike K | Jun 30, 2009 10:38:02 AM

4. This homophobic bigot needs to be recalled. Senator Eichelberger needs to have someone explain to him that he represents ALL the citizens of Pennsylvania, not just the religious straight ones. I am sick of this crap going on in 2009. Enough already!

Posted by: David in Houston | Jun 30, 2009 11:13:33 AM

5. So tired of this... if the comment were directed toward African-Americans, it would be ALL over the news, a retraction and formal apology would have already been made, and he likely would have been pressured into resigning.

I'm weary of being the 'n-word' of the 21st Century. Equality NOW.

Posted by: Jon | Jun 30, 2009 11:22:06 AM

6. This ass-wipe will never apologize, so the only revenge is at the ballot-box (although I am very partial to Mike K's suggestion and I volunteer). We just have to keep calling these bigots out and confronting them. Visibility and confrontation are our weapons. Keep the good fight going and let's vote this SOB out-of-office next election.

Posted by: mike | Jun 30, 2009 12:29:15 PM

7. I live in PA and if I lived in this assholes district, I would run against him next election. We need to support whoever does.

Posted by: John | Jun 30, 2009 1:53:47 PM

8. Embarrassed to say I'm from PA.

Posted by: john in PA | Jun 30, 2009 2:30:49 PM

9. Wow. We get to exist. Thank you Senator Hitlerburger.

Posted by: SFshawn | Jun 30, 2009 2:34:31 PM

10. Lets just hope the voters all get together and get an enforced apology from him by voting him out of office.

Posted by: Andy | Jun 30, 2009 3:14:12 PM

11. The Religious Right, is neither.

Posted by: Grego | Jun 30, 2009 3:27:23 PM

12. What a pussy!

Posted by: Harry in Pa | Jun 30, 2009 7:30:11 PM

13. ALLOWING them to EXIST???
    who the fuck does he think he is? oh my god!

Posted by: omfg | Jun 30, 2009 8:02:00 PM