Canada | Crime | Gay Slurs | News | Will.i.am

BigGayDeal.com

Perez Hilton Claims Assault by will.i.am; Singer Says He's Lying

Hilton

Following an after-party for Canada's MuchMusic awards, Perez Hilton unleashed a torrent of tweets claiming he had been assaulted by will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security detail, and was bleeding. The claim remains unverified.

Perez released a video statement on Monday.

will.i.am responded to the accusations on video channel dipdive:

William2 In his first video, will.i.am says Hilton disrespected Fergie, which led to a confrontation at an after-party.

"This dude walks away, I leave, and then [Hilton] says, 'You know that was very faggot of you for coming at me like that'. I said, 'Yo dude, I was just saying keep our name out of your mouth if you're going to be disrespectful'. This dude says in front of a whole bunch of people and fans in Canada, 'You're a f*ggot, will.i.am'. Right, I'm like, 'Wow dude, wow, whatever'. He walks away and then one of the fans goes a little crazy and like starts some stuff with Perez Hilton. I'm sitting minding my own business waiting for a car, but it goes to show you how crazy things can get. It's not that serious, it's all music and opinions. People make a career from opinions, which is cool, but don't be disrespectful about it. And fans don't get all crazy about it. That's all I got to say today. Tonight was a good night but it ended quite crazy."

Williamtwitter

WillliamIn the second video, will.i.am goes over the incident again:

"I told y'all what happened. This dude twists it and says I assaulted him when I was the one who came to him with respect and he was the one that called me a "faggot" outside the club. Whatever. I hit you Perez? Come on, dude. I didn't hit you. I told you that I didn't like the fact that you disrespected us. It's cool to have your opinion but dude, apparently you were bleeding outside the club. I was like next to you by a tree waiting for my car. Instead of calling the police you twitted that I assaulted you. Sounds like somebody wants mad attention and is not really concerned about his health. I didn't hit you and this is very wrong that you are twitting that I did that, once again disrespecting me and everything that I stand for. And they're lies. And that's wrong. Shame on you. Shame on your behavior. And that's just messed up. Peace."

Comments

1. Wow, Perez is really an attention whore. Though, no one should be surprised by now. If will.i.am did indeed assault him, why didn't Perez automatically call the cops. Instead he twitted seemingly pleading for people to do the job for him. It's pathetic. To be honest, I hope he did get knocked out for making bad comments, as the man needs to be knocked down a few notches.

Posted by: Chris | Jun 22, 2009 7:35:45 AM

2. he said, she said...

Posted by: shane | Jun 22, 2009 7:39:00 AM

3. Perez has clarified saying he did call police but they weren't showing up so he Twittered. Given the recent report about the police not showing up on the Church St gay attack, I believe it.

Posted by: carl | Jun 22, 2009 7:52:07 AM

4. i'd be smacking that perez if i had half a chance

Posted by: nudel | Jun 22, 2009 7:58:41 AM

5. Also do you really believe Perez called Will a faggot? I can't see him really using that word towards him

Also violence is never right people,.

Posted by: carl | Jun 22, 2009 8:02:17 AM

6. I can only hope that Twitter will go the way of the pet rock and double knit polyester.

Posted by: Rad | Jun 22, 2009 8:09:07 AM

7. I don't give a crap what happens to that self-serving douche bag. The second he exposed those private Dustin Lance Black photos, he no longer has any relevance to the gay community.

Posted by: David in Houston | Jun 22, 2009 8:09:27 AM

8. I'm really surprised about the readers here that don't care about violence, or just want to blame the victim because they don't personally like him.

Posted by: carl | Jun 22, 2009 8:15:31 AM

9. I dont believe will.i.am hit him, but i can believe fans did and boy did he have it coming, i hate the gross little tw@. Frankly im surprised it hasnt happened sooner. I can also believe he used the 'faggot' word, he has no respect for any one or any thing and thinks everyone is gay.

Posted by: Rovex | Jun 22, 2009 8:28:36 AM

10. Nothing to do with blaming the victim. Perez Hilton is a nasty piece of work who is little more than a bitchy queen. He's the common denominator way too often. I too believe he called Will.I.Am a faggot.

Posted by: jethro | Jun 22, 2009 8:37:34 AM

11. Carl,

I don't think that it's people don't care about violence. What's happening here is that people doubt Perez Hilton's explanation. The fact that he tweeted for help shows that he wanted attention and not help.

Think about how much time it would take for him to type out all of those tweets versus just dialing 911. Hilton wanted publicity.

The case smells bad.

Posted by: nate | Jun 22, 2009 8:38:30 AM

12. Boys, the Toronto Police Service is accustomed to dealing with the bruised egos of celebrities attending T.O.'s never ending festival & awards circuit.

And they DO respond promptly to reports of serious assault.

Now, the real MuchMusic Video Awards story is about fab girll Lady Gaga who stole the show with a number culminating with pyro sprouting from metal 'breasts' on her boustier.

Gaga won the award for "Best International Video", giving credit to us in her acceptance speech as reported in The Globe & Mail.

“You guys make it so hard to love anywhere else,” the eccentric 23-year-old said before hoisting the trophy in the air and saying: “To God and the gays”.

Nice touch as Pride Week begins in Toronto.

Happy Pride, Boyz.

[Hows about a clip of Gaga's speech, Andy?]

Posted by: Dickster | Jun 22, 2009 8:39:50 AM

13. Also if a fan did start stuff, should Will have done something to stop said fan.

Posted by: carl | Jun 22, 2009 8:44:52 AM

14. Is Perez an annoying piece of trash and a publicity whore? Yes.

Did he deserve to be assaulted? No.

Did will.i.am commit an assault on Hilton? Innocent until proven guilty (yes, I know the incident took place in Canada, not the US, but the same principle still applies).

Posted by: Hank Drake | Jun 22, 2009 8:54:35 AM

15. I can't believe that slug Perez Hilton was allowed to infect the city of Toronto in the first place.
    Immigration should've stopped that viral moron at the border and kicked his pathetic ass back to his flea-ridden nest.

Posted by: NSFW | Jun 22, 2009 8:59:41 AM

16. @ David in Houston: Totally agree. Perez is the worst kind of "advocate" for any gay issues. He is usually the aggressor, but then always the first to cry victim. Not a good representation of any community, at all. I hear vitriolic gay men toss the word faggot around constantly and have no doubt that Hilton is of the type. When the bottom line becomes more important than the issues that are being exploited - parasites like Hilton will continue to be more visible than actual advocates like Daniel Lance Black.

Posted by: Joshua | Jun 22, 2009 8:59:54 AM

17. Carl,

Are you really trying to blame Will.i.am for something a fan did? Come on.

Posted by: nate | Jun 22, 2009 9:04:12 AM

18. I believe will.i.am 100%. I can definitely see Perez Hilton calling him a 'faggot' and I can also see will.i.am just rolling his eyes in bewilderment and walking away. Perez is an attention-hungry drama queen, and I'm skeptical about anything he says/does.

And, for the record, I really dislike The Black Eyed Peas.

Posted by: another matt | Jun 22, 2009 9:15:36 AM

19. I'm wishin' Perez would just go away!

Posted by: Nathan | Jun 22, 2009 9:25:24 AM

20. I don't think anyone deserves to be assaulted, but I'm also not going to shed a tear when it happens to that trash bag. It's karma coming back at him.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Jun 22, 2009 9:34:49 AM

21. My only regret is that Perez was not more seriously injured. He is a vile human being. And I use the term human being loosely.

Posted by: CB | Jun 22, 2009 9:36:55 AM

22. Perez is a lying sack of shit.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Jun 22, 2009 9:47:06 AM

23. PH is a piece of shit. He should have had his lying ass kicked long ago.. LONG AGO. He is an insult to the Gay Community as well as the Human Race. Yuk. He just nauseates me. Fu--ing animal.

Posted by: memememe | Jun 22, 2009 9:54:58 AM

24. Did perez call Will.I.Am a "faggot"? My bet is on yes. He at least writes the word across many people's pics on his site

Did a fan assault Perez? If their was an assault it was more likely a fan as vs Will.I.Am

Was Will.I.Am even aware of the fan assaulting Perez when it occurred? most likely not and only became aware of the incident after the fact

perez = 0 Will.I.AM = 1

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jun 22, 2009 9:55:31 AM

25. maybe perez should just shut up from now on. hell, one of these days, someone might snap from all the crap he has written and run him over in the street.

the man doesn't do ANYONE favors, especially himself

Posted by: David | Jun 22, 2009 10:07:25 AM