Daniel Radcliffe Amused He’s Got a ‘Gay Face’

Radcliffe

In an interview with Moviefone, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe demonstrates yet again what an evolved lad he is when asked about Dumbledore's status as a gay wizard icon:

"It's wonderful. I grew up around gay people my entire life, basically,
that's possibly why I'm quite camp, and some people think I'm gay when
I meet them, which I think is awesome. It's always good to keep them
guessing [laughs]. I don't go on any blogs or chats or anything, but my
friends are demons for them, and apparently someone said 'Daniel
Radcliffe is gay. He's got a gay face!'
[Laughs] I really don't know what a gay face is. But I think it's
wonderful that Dumbledore was outed as gay … Half of me thinks Jo
Rowling just did that to see
if she could piss off the right wing, but I'm not sure how true that
is. I think she had it planned, I think she always knew he was gay."

Comments

1. sparks says

His attitude and demeanor are years beyond his physical age. It doesn’t hurt that he’s such a cute guy with insanely blue eyes and an absolutely wicked grin…

It’s kind of hot in here.

2. Donovan says

They really can make anyone attractive with Photoshop, can’t they? In reality, Daniel Radcliffe’s not. Attractive, I mean – it’s generally known he is gay. The big problem he’s facing is he was cast as a child actor… and not all child actors grow up to be gorgeous adults. He’s one of the unfortunate ones – and once the Harry Potter series is over, so is his career. I don’t begrudge him his closet status at the moment – as he could be saving the big Outing for when his career truly needs the publicity push, 3 years from now when the final HP film has sunk from view and he’s trying to make a name for himself as a serious film actor à la Charlie Hunnam (who’s not gay at all – just bi).

3. Kyle Sullivan says

Do much snarking, Donovan? Got any evidence to back up your bitchiness? Or are you one of those queens who just says stuff and refuses to back down even in the face of proof you don’t know what you’re talking about — like those right-wing-nuts who swear, I mean they just KNOW, Obama’s birth certificate from Hawaii is forged, that gays are out to recruit their sons if given even half a chance, that the moon landing happened on a back lot at Universal Studios in Hollywood and the Holocaust is all made up? Hmmm?

4. says

You old ladies need to grow up a little bit. It’s sad how you’re reacting to such a fun and light hearted interview from one of the world’s biggest stars. He’s in favor of gay rights – accept it and stop finding something to snark about.

5. Ben says

Why the Daniel Radcliffe hate? He’s not Henry Cavill, I admit, but that’s because God could only create one without obliterating the Solar System in white-hot sexual attractiveness.

(Sorry, I have a Henry Cavill fetish.)

No, Dan’s cute. Nice eyes, good body. Not gorgeous, but not unattractive in his own way.

6. says

Actually, I think he’s acting exactly his age — it’s the younger generations that don’t even get why being gay is such a big deal. They’re baffled by the homophobia that still persists in older generations, especially those over 30 or 40.

7. says

Daniel Radcliffe is actually a genuinely wonderful guy. He gives great interview, and I’m betting he grows into an extremely handsome man. Too bad I have absolute zero interest in seeing any Harry Potter movies.

8. pablo says

Although I’ve never been a big fan of Keanu Reeves, I’ve always admired the way he handled questions about his sexuality. When asked if he was gay he would reply that he wasn’t but then add a “you never know”.
    Keep’em guessing.

9. EM says

You can’t hang around drag queens and not know what gayface means.

Ergo, he’s lying. But he’s cute and a great little actor so I’ll forgive him. And to the poster above, nobody WAS hating on Dan Radcliffe, to my knowledge everyone loves him, only one person was hating here, Donovan, who’d apparently mapped his entire life out for him. Go figure.