Kid Rock | News | Twitter

Kid Rock: Twitter is 'Gay' (And Not in a Good Way)

Kidrock

Kid Rock uses "gay" as a pejorative term when describing Twitter in a new issue of Rolling Stone, according to Page Six.

Says the rapper/singer/songwriter: "It's gay. If one more person asks me if I have a Twitter, I'm going to tell them, 'Twitter this [bleep], mother[bleep]er.' I don't have anything to say, and what I have to say is not that relevant. Anything that is relevant, I'm going to bottle it up and then squeeze it onto a record somewhere."

Comments

1. What do you expect from trailer trash, who can't even keep a whore with hepatitis happy....

Posted by: jeremy | Jul 29, 2009 10:33:25 AM

2. Cindy L said it in a song, "your true colors come shining through". Just another homophobic asshole. And when it hits the fan in a few days, there will be all kinds of backtracking and "so sorry" I'm over it. Kid rock, you hate us and we can't be bothered by you.

Posted by: david in iowa | Jul 29, 2009 10:58:03 AM

3. I know this *should* bother me, but knowing how gay friendly he truly is, it's just a dumb phrase he threw out there. Could he have said something different? Sure, but I don't think he meant any harm.

Posted by: jason | Jul 29, 2009 11:00:57 AM

4. Jeez, Kid...that's so totally "gay."

Posted by: Kyle Sullivan | Jul 29, 2009 11:14:03 AM

5. "I'm on this mic, but it feels like I been here before
    I want more than the next man
    Respect, plus the cash big checks
    And mack on hoes like Rudy Ray
    Cause the reach around just sounds so gay
    I don't even swing that way"

OMG, you're right JASON. He really IS gay friendly! *fart*

Posted by: JohnInManhattan | Jul 29, 2009 11:16:45 AM

6. I say we appropriate the concept.. and just start saying that is so fucking straight man.. too straight (meaning narrow, square, unhip, so last millennium) Rude I know but whatever.. my patience and good will has run out the last few years. Something about getting older has made me sick of everyone's shit. sorry woke up on the wrong side of life today.

Posted by: cmh | Jul 29, 2009 11:18:45 AM

7. It's a Jr. High term and he's an idiot for using it that way. However, I'm friends with his gay cousin and he's not the least bit homophobic. Moronic yes, Homophobic, no.

Posted by: Josh | Jul 29, 2009 11:21:05 AM

8. More "Christian love" from a conservative Republican. Seriously, it is really that surprising the trailer trash musician who did fundraising events for Bush and McCain is also a homophobe?

Isn't it interesting how the so-called "liberal" media always goes after left-wing celebrities like Martin Sheen, George Clooney, and Barbara Streisand for being too "political." But right-wingers like this idiot, Britney Spears, Bruce Willis, and Clint Eastwood can do whatever they want.

Posted by: John | Jul 29, 2009 11:26:03 AM

9. Kid Rock is an overflowing douchebag of self-importance (as are most "celebrities" these days). I don't give a f*ck WHAT he has to say.

Posted by: Alexander | Jul 29, 2009 11:27:46 AM

10. Fuck you, Kid Rock

At least we know that Tommy Lee has something to Twitter with!

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jul 29, 2009 11:28:58 AM

11. OMG Kid Rock, you are SO Twitter!

Posted by: WillnDurhamNC | Jul 29, 2009 11:37:31 AM

12. I know I should feel angry about this, but who are we kidding. Dude couldn't rub two brain cells together to light a fucking match. And besides, the guy does rap-rock. RAP-ROCK. It's like if you took everything wrong with both genres and smashed them together into a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup of suck.

Posted by: Jeremy Feist | Jul 29, 2009 11:46:19 AM

13. Please! Like anyone gives a shit what he has to say anyway. Douchebag!

Posted by: JR | Jul 29, 2009 11:46:52 AM

14. So, whatever became of Perez Hilton after he called Will.i.am a "faggot"? Oh, that's right not a damn thing. Hilton is still a gay celeb.

Posted by: Gunnar | Jul 29, 2009 12:12:43 PM

15. Why would anyone pay any attention to anything that Kid Rock says?

I mean, for God's sake, he slept with Pamela Anderson!!!

Seriously, if sleeping with her is the "ultimate hetero fantasy", then thank God I'm gay.

Posted by: steve | Jul 29, 2009 12:22:23 PM

16. If we're going to get all righteous, ladies, why is 'douchebag' an insult to use on KR? Why is saying something 'sucks' a pejorative? why do we denigrate him by calling him an 'asshole' (I bet a few of you have worshipped a few of those in your day)? Why do you all hate women, your own bodies, and your favorite sexual acts?

Posted by: jno | Jul 29, 2009 12:26:57 PM

17. When has the gay community become so over-sensitive these days? While we complain about little things, of who said what or how gay marriage matters, gay folks are dealing with physical abuse every day. So what if Kid Rock called Twitter gay. In the long run, it has no effect in none of us. It isn't as if we know the guy.

Posted by: Kasio | Jul 29, 2009 12:31:48 PM

18. This dude is far less homophobic than most of the self-hating gays on Towleroad. Everyone wants to get on their high horse because he called twitter gay? Are you more offended at being associated with the incredibly lame twitter or that he used gay as a pejorative?

As frustrating as it is to hear it all the time, if everyone who uses gay as a putdown is automatically a vile homophobe, we're in deep shit because that covers about 99% of Americans under 25.

Posted by: paul c | Jul 29, 2009 12:33:51 PM

19. Thank you, Paul. You are so gay!

Posted by: Blair | Jul 29, 2009 12:40:19 PM

20. I know I should feel angry about this, but who are we kidding. Dude couldn't rub two brain cells together to light a fucking match. And besides, the guy does rap-rock. RAP-ROCK. It's like if you took everything wrong with both genres and smashed them together into a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup of suck.- Jeremy Feist

I love you Jeremy Feist. Marry me.

Posted by: soulbrotha | Jul 29, 2009 12:44:20 PM

21. Twitter is sooo early 2009.

Posted by: anon | Jul 29, 2009 12:47:08 PM

22. "If everyone who uses gay as a putdown is automatically a vile homophobe, we're in deep shit because that covers about 99% of Americans under 25."

Sorry, no. I entered high school in Indiana fully aware of my sexuality, but scared to death I was encountering a homophobic environment. I was always listening and watching and I literally heard the word "gay" used negatively (casually) twice in four years. Teens aren't as stupid as you think.

Posted by: Billy | Jul 29, 2009 12:48:30 PM

23. You know what else is gay? Your FACE!

Posted by: Dusty | Jul 29, 2009 12:50:39 PM

24. HATER-O-SEXUAL

Then 99% of Americans under 25 are wrong, Paul. Don't you understand that the heterosexual concensus (being gay is wrong and being heterosexual is right) is why many gay people (who are surrounded by heterosexual-identified people from day one) have a difficult time accepting themselves? Whatever the heterosexual concensus is I do something different because they are always wrong about sexuality. They should keep their social hierarchies, negativity and all the other hatero bs to themselves.

Posted by: Bill | Jul 29, 2009 12:53:35 PM