Andy Cohen | Levi Johnston | News

BigGayDeal.com

Levi Johnston Fine with Being a Gay Pin-up Boy

Levijohnston

Levi Johnston took my question last night on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live. Yesterday I tweeted Cohen after he'd sent out a request for queries. I suggested Cohen ask Levi if he knew that he had become something of a gay pin-up boy, and how he felt about it.

Levi's answer, AFTER THE JUMP...

Said Johnston: "I think it's great man, um, I like my fans. Just another person." When Cohen asked Johnston if there were any gays in Wasilla, Johnston responded, "Oh yeah. We got gays in Wasilla, Anchorage, they're all up here."

Comments

1. Awww...the little studling is maturing. Although his eyes did bug out.

Posted by: latebrosus | Aug 14, 2009 1:57:57 PM

2. Did you see how big Levi's eyes got as Andy asked that question? LOL!

Can't stand Andy....

Posted by: Adam | Aug 14, 2009 2:02:26 PM

3. The notion that "the gays" (infering that it's a huge movement, trend or percentage) are fawning over Levi (who is a dime a dozen and NOT that cute or interesting), or Zac Efron, or whomever is irritating and juvenile. Whether it be Andy Cohen or towlerod saying it, it simply isn't true and continues to perpetuate the stereotype (fear?) that all straight guys are lusted after by "the gays." Frankly, you give these straight guys too much credit, and "the gays" that you speak for, not enough credit. Plus, last night Andy must have slammed down the bourdon + ginger ale more than usual. It was embaressing fo all.

Posted by: William | Aug 14, 2009 2:03:11 PM

4. Actually, I think its helpful to have a straight, hunting, country boy like this talking to clearly gay men and speaking directly about his comfort with being found attractive by them.

It shows that you don't have to fly off the handle into gay-panic to prove your masculinity or heterosexuality. I've read that Levi has had his homophobia issues, like most straight men, but I see his evolution as a positive thing.

Posted by: Wes | Aug 14, 2009 2:07:52 PM

5. Come on...

He spent a week with Kathy Griffin... If he was homophobic after that experience, there would be no hope for the gay world.

As a pawn in Palin's political playbook, he seems to be holding up pretty strongly. Seems like a good kid caught in a battle that he didn't want to be apart of.

Posted by: Shaun Simpson | Aug 14, 2009 2:16:02 PM

6. Regardless, I think it sets a good example for fellow average heterosexual male rural types.

You don't always have to counter homosexuality with homophobia to retain your manhood.

Posted by: Wes | Aug 14, 2009 2:19:10 PM

7. I'm thinking Levi is one suitcase of Bud cans away from looking like John Goodman.

Posted by: MikeMick | Aug 14, 2009 2:21:07 PM

8. Levi Johnston is just awesome.

Posted by: David G | Aug 14, 2009 2:23:20 PM

9. I echo Wes' point - spot on.

Posted by: jason | Aug 14, 2009 2:24:15 PM

10. at least he didn't talk about having Andy Cohen's "jewish babies." He's very cocky, i thought he would say they couldn't afford to see him nude cause he charges by inch.

Posted by: cd | Aug 14, 2009 2:31:29 PM

11. The person who thinks he's so sophisticated and worldly shows that he's really the ignorant one with questions like "Do you have gays in Wasilla?" and "Do you have Jews in Wasilla?".

It reminds me of when white people ask black people "Can I touch your hair?" or when straights ask gays "Who is the man and who is the woman?".

Posted by: paul c | Aug 14, 2009 2:34:43 PM

12. Paul C, I agree that those questions from Andy were very condescending, but I saw nothing wrong in any of Johnston's answers.

Posted by: Wes | Aug 14, 2009 2:41:41 PM

13. He has "fans?" news to me.

Posted by: tom a. | Aug 14, 2009 2:49:11 PM

14. He's cute and innocent and a redneck. He better get those photos fast, cause with all his beer consumption, he's gonna shortly have a fan club limited to chubby-chasers. Hunting is not exactly a fabulous weight control sport.

Posted by: JonJon | Aug 14, 2009 3:05:24 PM

15. I love the quick look of shock and fear at the question.

The questions about nudity scared him too.

Posted by: RJ | Aug 14, 2009 3:06:22 PM

16. Paul C. : You're right. Again we see how people in other states are so much more sophisticaed than those in Manhattan. The whole country has undergone a role-reversal.

Posted by: JT | Aug 14, 2009 3:09:48 PM

17. Dumb is not hot.

Posted by: ChristopherM | Aug 14, 2009 3:28:30 PM

18. Andy is a hottie but can be annoying. Did you see Andy's package...WOOF!!!
    Levi is a fame whore...good luck with that!!

Posted by: sd619guy | Aug 14, 2009 3:30:31 PM

19. ARrrgh!

the vid isn't available to be shown in area -- Canada!

Anyone know if there's another source?

Posted by: Kevin | Aug 14, 2009 3:33:59 PM

20. "Dumb is not hot."

Neither is assuming because someone is from Alaska, likes hunting and doesn't want to go to college (and has an accent) means they are dumb. What the hell do you know about him? You're a dick.

Posted by: Alex | Aug 14, 2009 3:36:32 PM

21. "Again we see how people in other states are so much more sophisticaed than those in Manhattan. The whole country has undergone a role-reversal."

How about we not generalize either group?

Posted by: Wes | Aug 14, 2009 3:37:12 PM

22. I just meant generally-speaking, Wes. And that only from my own experiences with both. I understand what you mean, though.

Posted by: JT | Aug 14, 2009 3:40:51 PM

23. Alex : You're yelling at Christopher M. without knowing if he meant "dumb" to describe Levi or Andy Cohen!

Posted by: JT | Aug 14, 2009 3:44:50 PM

24. I like this kid. I hope he does well, but he needs to be careful and have good people around him.

Posted by: g | Aug 14, 2009 3:45:25 PM