Adam Lambert | AIDS/HIV | Art and Design | Barack Obama | Censorship | Chace Crawford | Crime | Dance | Jamaica | Manchester | Mexico | New Jersey | New York | News | Salt Lake City | Television

News: High Line, Martha's Vineyard, Salt Lake City, MRI, Mexico

RoadNew Jersey gears up for marriage battle...

HighlineRoadNew York's High Line Park features a 20-story peep show.

RoadThis is why some people hate pop music.

RoadWhy did last week's Mad Men come with a warning label? Was it because of this scene?

RoadTwo men charged for throwing eggs and yelling homophobic slurs in Manchester UK's gay village: "Peter James Young (23), of Hardman Street, and Phillip Shepherd (25), of Derby Street, have been charged with a public order offence. Young was further accused of common assault."

RoadMagnetic resonance intercourse.

RoadObamas set for Martha's Vineyard vacation.

RoadObama sneakers and basketball for sale.

Chace RoadChace Crawford to Interview: "I’m the biggest believer in not talking. I don’t Twitter or MySpace or Facebook. I want to keep to myself. I don’t want to be out there. You have to keep some kind of control over who you are."

RoadMale model fix: Santiago Peralta.

RoadPeter Staley on Obama's first step toward a national HIV/AIDS strategy.

RoadWoW's James St. James reports from the Ovahness Vogueing Ball.

RoadMexico decriminalizes drug possession for small amounts: "The maximum amount of marijuana for 'personal use' under the new law is 5 grams — the equivalent of about four joints. The limit is a half gram for cocaine, the equivalent of about 4 'lines.' For other drugs, the limits are 50 milligrams of heroin, 40 milligrams for methamphetamine and 0.015 milligrams for LSD."

Lambertbox RoadAnd he's not sorry, it's human nature...

RoadGlasgow Gallery of Modern Art accused of censoring gay-themed art exhibit: "The reaction of GoMA and the council is exactly the same that is happening to these individuals, making it hard to talk about coming out, about being gay, about disclosing their HIV status."

RoadLive Nation sponsoring national tour of Jamaican murder music singer Buju Banton.

RoadSalt Lake City to consider anti-discrimination bill: "The current language of the bill would ban discrimination based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity (trangender protections) in the areas of employment, public accommodations and housing. Religious organizations and state agencies would be exempt from the law." Provo paper blasts effort...

Comments

1. The link to Peter Staley's blog about Obama/AIDS connects to an old post.

Posted by: Trog | Aug 24, 2009 4:03:13 PM

2. I wish this site would stop providing links to blogs where gays sit and bitch about everything under the sun. "Pink is the new blog" and "dlisted" are so horribly annoying, I don't think this site should be attached to them. I visit this site to stay away from crap like that.

Posted by: KFLO | Aug 24, 2009 6:01:23 PM

3. Chace says he doesn't want to be out there, but he and his handlers are hell bent on making him a big star, TV or otherwise.

It doesn't make any sense.

Posted by: Marcus | Aug 24, 2009 6:11:17 PM

4. Re "Mad Men" warning: Serious hate that double standard!! I wonder: To whom should I complain?

Posted by: bloomin | Aug 24, 2009 7:04:28 PM

5. typo, sorry: SeriousLY hate that double standard

Posted by: bloomin | Aug 24, 2009 7:05:57 PM

6. Lambert is so tired!

Posted by: JT | Aug 24, 2009 7:33:08 PM

7. "I wish this site would stop providing links to blogs where gays sit and bitch about everything under the sun. "Pink is the new blog" and "dlisted" are so horribly annoying, I don't think this site should be attached to them. I visit this site to stay away from crap like that."

This is parody, right?

Posted by: crispy | Aug 24, 2009 8:06:14 PM

8. Yes, Obama's vacation is expensive, but he's almost entirely paying for it out of his own pocket (according to O'Reilly, anyway). But yesterday I read that Cindy Sheehan and the antiwar protestors will be on Martha's Vineyard all week too.

Posted by: JT | Aug 24, 2009 8:11:09 PM

9. This make me sound old, but watching that clip of Heidi Montag violate and abuse Yaz's music really offended me in a way that I can only compare to what a hardcore Christian might feel if they saw an image of Christ being anally raped. Are there really people nowadays who might actually like this? Buy it? It's tired to say that pop culture is dead - I think it's more accurate to say that it just doesn't exist anymore, and that it might as well have *never* existed with the way everything had been so disposable and is really a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.

And as for Adam Lambert, he really is no more interesting than Ann Wilson of Heart in 1987. I just don't see anything redeeming about him.

I feel that at least in the past when pop stars "referenced" previous artists, they did so with some kind of twist or intelligent take on it. These people are just completely banal, plastic and gross.

By the way, I'm not nearly as bitter a person as this post makes me sound. But I really am in the aftershocks of nausea after that Heidi thing.

And I'm 33.

Posted by: raul | Aug 24, 2009 9:26:17 PM

10. I would like the staff of The Standards marketing team to be forced to stand outside the hotel with their Moms, kids and Grandparents for a few Sunday afternoons and then decide if the think freak is chic.

Posted by: Derek Washington | Aug 25, 2009 2:03:45 AM

11. Go to LiveNation site http://www.livenation.com/help
    Click on Ask A Question and protest their sponsorship of the homophobe!!

Posted by: Jack | Aug 25, 2009 6:55:32 AM

12. @Derek- Unless their kids were IVF, Mom and the Grandparents thought le Freak was Chic-at least at one point. And I'm not talking the '70s.

Posted by: dc8stretch | Aug 25, 2009 11:28:27 AM