I'm Not Gay | Kanye West | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kanye West: I'm So Sure I'm Not Gay I'll Stand Next to People Who Are

Kw

No word on when this interview between Devi Dev and Kany West was actually recorded, but hardknock.tv just posted it on Tuesday, and there are some gems:

"I don't like men. I'm not gay, and I'm so sure of that. I'm so sure that I'm not gay that I'll wear a pink watch. That I'll wear tight jeans. That I'll stand next to people who look gay. That I'll stand next to people who are gay. That I will go to dinner with a gay person. Just me - and that gay person."

Much more, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "I'll get fucked in the ass to prove I'm not gay."

Posted by: Max Ehrsam | Sep 18, 2009 9:59:59 AM

2. wow. his generosity is just SO overwhelming.

Posted by: Jay | Sep 18, 2009 10:11:59 AM

3. i got to 1:38 on the vid. I was so uncomfortable, and embarrassed for that guy that I wouldn't continue.

A wealthy, in-the-spotlight, dumb as a brick man like this--who has agents and press relation folks on his payroll needs to be advised to STFU.

Posted by: Gary | Sep 18, 2009 10:15:38 AM

4. What a jackass.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Sep 18, 2009 10:15:54 AM

5. TMZ much? It sucks that the headline for this post is so cheap and misleading especially when you consider the interview that follows but hey when in Rome...

Posted by: Giovanni | Sep 18, 2009 10:17:27 AM

6. I think he's adorable and brave, and the craziest HipHop (maybe down low) brotha' out there. He gets bashed not only for his moments of lunacy, but also for his honesty. And I understand that his moments of public craziness are offensive and intrusive to some folks. Tough shit.

Weren't there some Rock stars like him back in the 70s and 80s--known for their outrageous behavior on and off stage.

I find him charming and wild.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 18, 2009 10:22:10 AM

7. Grrrr. Why does the one gay friendly Hip Hop artist have to be such a douchebag to everyone else? It's easy to see him as likable after quotes like these, hard to feel the same after MTV stunts like the recent one behind.

Posted by: Bayley | Sep 18, 2009 10:26:51 AM

8. Without a doubt he can be a jackass but I still dig him and hope he continues to publicly plod his way through to enlightenment. It's entertaining as fuck! Btw name another hip-(p)op artist that is as (albeit akwardly) gay positive as Kanye. Haters hate on.

Posted by: Giovanni | Sep 18, 2009 10:30:40 AM

9. Hold on a minute. I do those things all the time. So either I've proven Kanye is gay or he's proven I'm not.

Posted by: John in Houston | Sep 18, 2009 10:34:54 AM

10. Wait a minute....UHM...excuse me....did the bitter queens above calling him a jackass ass actually LISTEN to the interview?

Did you hear him say how there needs to be more acceptance of gay people in the black community, more acceptance of gay individuals in the hip hop community, that calling someone gay is not a diss because he knows many gay people and the gay people he knows are the most genius and creative in the world, that he would go out to dinner with a gay man because his comfortable in his sexuality. Did you all listen to that part before or after you decided to tell him to STFU and peg him a jackass.

Kanye IS a jackass. For what he pulled to Taylor Swift. NOT for the interview above.

The interview above almost....ALMOST makes me completely forgive his antics and meltdowns.

He's the only ally we have and ever had in the hip hop community and an outspoken one at that.

Posted by: Bayley | Sep 18, 2009 10:35:58 AM

11. While I applaud his willingness to, uh, let me exist, I don't stand next to or go to dinner with assholes.

Posted by: John M | Sep 18, 2009 10:36:20 AM

12. I'M so gay....I have the intelligence to NOT care about this knuckle-dragger.

^^X^^

Posted by: Bruce Wayne | Sep 18, 2009 10:37:32 AM

13. "...I don't stand next to or go to dinner with assholes."

JOHN M, do you realize that with that statement you just made yourself game for every sharp tongue queen who reads this blog...note "sharp tongue".

BAYLEY & GIOVANNI,

we see how important he is in helping certain communities accept gay people, others don't. Gay people are divided, and after 5 years on these gay blogs, I now know that that is normal.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 18, 2009 10:47:46 AM

14. lol @Max

Posted by: rafi | Sep 18, 2009 10:48:59 AM

15. Oh my god his absurdity just keeps getting better and better. Maybe he has the biggest ego in the world, or maybe he just has the best PR strategy ever.

Posted by: batman | Sep 18, 2009 10:50:03 AM

16. He's mad as a sack of ocelots and I like him.

Posted by: Nonplussed | Sep 18, 2009 10:57:10 AM

17. He's the stupidest celebrity currently speaking out. He makes Paris Hilton seem intellectual. I would prefer he avoid the gay issue entirely.

I agree with President Obama that he's a jackass.

Posted by: Jeff NYC | Sep 18, 2009 11:04:50 AM

18. Can't wait for the next Southpark ep about him! More eating fish stick jokes please!!

Posted by: Sean R | Sep 18, 2009 11:07:32 AM

19. He's so absurd, and I hate him so much, I almost kind of love him for it. I almost kind of love him for how easy he makes it to laugh at him. For making laughing at him a treasured new national pastime, I almost kind of don't mind Kanye West.

Almost.

Posted by: JeffRob | Sep 18, 2009 11:08:21 AM

20. Kanye has always been a jackass. His music sucks; even Kris Allen did a better version of his song than he did. His time was over 10 seconds after it started. He deserves every piece of ridicule he's been getting in the past week. Disappear Kanye. Just Go Away.

Posted by: Wayne | Sep 18, 2009 11:17:48 AM

21. Okay he was a drunken douche to Taylor Swift (though i agreed with him). plenty of people are drunken assholes sometimes. Big deal.

I just don't see how so many of you bitter queens can hate on him for ALWAYS saying he has no problem with the gays. He's the only rapper out there who says that. You can make the argument all you want that his words don't mean anything, but honestly none of the other rappers would say this. I have to give him props for that. His audience is made up of impressionable teenagers and young people, and I for one am not so quick to dismiss someone who's "on our side."

Save the vitriolic comments for Eminem, please.

Posted by: Bobby | Sep 18, 2009 11:38:45 AM

22. I guess there really is no end to this man's doucebaggery.

Posted by: Terry | Sep 18, 2009 11:42:09 AM

23. Can someone please buy him a clue?

Posted by: elcamino | Sep 18, 2009 11:59:16 AM

24. woah...there's no such thing as a bisexual man?

Posted by: ben | Sep 18, 2009 12:09:10 PM

25. that said, his statements about acceptance and loving gay people are really powerful. you just flat out don't hear that from rap artists right now. so this is very brave of him, and we defintiely need to recognize that. all "jackass-ing" aside. reaaaally.

Posted by: ben | Sep 18, 2009 12:11:30 PM