AIDS/HIV | Barack Obama | Daniel Radcliffe | Discrimination | Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Football | Jesus Luz | Joseph Rocha | Justin Timberlake | Michael Jackson | Montana | National Equality March | News | Russia | Sydney | Taylor Lautner | Will Young

BigGayDeal.com

News: Will Young, National Equality March, Shot Put, Bernie Madoff

Road

Muslim footballers agree to play Paris gay team: "Bebel director Zahir Belgharbi insisted there had been 'a misunderstanding' and sent out a statement through club lawyer Benedicte Puybasset indicating they were indeed ready "'to play the match'." Background.

Golfcourse

Road

Obama swastika carved into Massachusetts golf course. GOP Tweets clip of Hitler praising Pelosi.

Road

Rad: Guess who's returning to Broadway?

Road

Rex Wockner's report on the National Equality March: "The praise for Obama inside HRC's fancy dinner and the denunciations of Obama in the streets of D.C. seemed to unequivocally confirm the split that's emerged in the gay community in the aftermath of the passage of Proposition 8 in California."

Road

Listen: Michael Jackson's new track "This Is It".

Road

Girls Gone Wild creator Joe Francis attended National Equality March: "The 'Girls Gone Wild' creator told us, 'With the gay movement, it's personal. The same religious-right [bleep]holes who took away my civil rights and put me in jail for a year because they don't like what I do for a living have taken away gay rights. I know firsthand how it feels to have your civil rights stripped from you.' Francis added, 'P.S., lots of lesbians marched, too.'"

Road

Taylor Lautner strips for GQ.

Willyoung

Road

Singer Will Young pregnant in new video.

Road

Gay Navy veteran Joseph Rocha in the Washington Post: "I even saw "don't ask, don't tell" used against heterosexual female service members who had reported being the victims of sexual assault. If my chief acted on their statements, he would be forced to punish a friend of his, so the easiest way to make the problem go away was to scare the women into silence by saying something like: 'You weren't sexually assaulted by a male in my unit. I hear you're a lesbian.' After all, homosexuals have no rights in our military. You can't sexually assault someone who doesn't exist."

Road

Male model fix: Joel West.

Road

100-year-old breaks shot put record in Sydney: "All eyes were on Ruth Frith, from Brisbane, as she arrived for day two of the World Masters Games, hoping to win gold in the shot put and feeling pretty confident as she was the only competitor in the over-100s category. But her 4.07 metre (13 ft 4.2 in) throw on Sunday didn't just win her gold, but also broke a world record."

Road

Justin Timberlake used to get called "sissy" by the football players.

Luz

Road

Jesus Luz gets $18K for half hour of DJing in Brazil.

Road

The Obamas and art: demand innovation, not admiration.

Road

Russian singers and writers call for end to discrimination against gays: "They met after a local official tried to close Moscow's longest-running gay club, Dusha i Telo, where many of the artists have performed. Activist Nikolai Alekseyev, who called the meeting, said it was the first time celebrities had come together publicly to denounce homophobia."

Road

AIDS cases trending upward in Montana...

Road

Bernie Madoff in prison brawl.

Road

Toys"R"Us reprimanded by sixth grade class for gender discrimination: "According to the youngsters, the Toys"R"Us Christmas catalogue featured 'outdated gender roles because boys and girls were shown playing with different types of toys, whereby the boys were portrayed as active and the girls as passive', according to a statement from Ro."

Comments

1. Hey Andy, you missed my L.A. Times op-ed --

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Oct 13, 2009 2:59:13 PM

2. The GLBT community would be better off without the help of some people. Joe Francis is one of them.

Posted by: peterparker | Oct 13, 2009 3:18:11 PM

3. Swastika is backwards. Idiots can't even get their hatred and bigotry right...

Posted by: PistolPetey | Oct 13, 2009 3:40:10 PM

4. the only reason that solomonese can claim as many members of HRC as he can, is because it's lately been shown that virtually every single donor to the HRC, no matter how small their donation, has been kept on the membership roster-even if they've not paid for a membership in 10 years.

they don't represent most of us and they certainly do misrepresent themselves.

Posted by: alguien | Oct 13, 2009 4:16:16 PM

5. Omigod, Andy! There's a banner ad on your site for that nut job Michelle Bachmann (http://www.michellebachmann.com/takeaction).

Posted by: Peter | Oct 13, 2009 4:38:49 PM

6. The great thing about the golf course dip-shits getting their swastika backwards is that in this form it is the original Indian symbol for good luck (one that the Nazis bastardized and flipped). So they are saying Good Luck Obama in lawn art. I support that too!

Posted by: hall | Oct 13, 2009 4:49:10 PM

7. Dusha i telo is indeed the largest and oldest of Moscow's gay clubs -- its predecessor was Shans, which opened something like 1994.

We saw Dima Bilan there in 2004 (he went on to win Eurovision).

I hope this helps -- the event was also a legal forum.

Posted by: KevinVT | Oct 13, 2009 9:05:35 PM

8. I think the Joel West pic site you've linked to just pwned my computer. The only two tabs open at the time were towleroad and that site and I hadn't even finished blocking the cookies when the OS started throwing crashy dialogs and then it rebooted, and now it has fake anti-malware malware on it. My boot-time virus scan just found an Internet temp file infected with Win32:Trojan-gen.

I apologize if it was some other site, but wanted to put that out there

Posted by: Mikec | Oct 14, 2009 12:48:48 AM

9. OMG! This is so cool! Jesus is wearing one of my dear friends Peace Love World shirts! If you like it and want one of your own - check out www.peaceloveworld.com - this and many more fabulous styles available! Make sure and tell them Jeff sent you!!

"Love is not something you look for...Love is something you become!" Alina Villasante

Posted by: Jeff Cook | Oct 14, 2009 3:20:59 AM

10. To get to the Taylor Lautner GQ shot go thru this Rolling Stone shot and they are towards the end: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/10/08/taylor-lautner-rolling-stone-photo-shoot/

Posted by: Morten | Oct 14, 2009 6:04:28 AM

11. First off, the backwards swastika is brilliant... what douches. Second of all, the Nazis were fascists (far right), not socialists/communists (far left)... so I don't get why they would equate Obama with the Nazis... dumb on many levels.

And lastly, I love those little tykes who are calling out Toys R Us on gender discrimination... I've always thought separate toys for boys and toys for girls is so incredibly stupid. Sure, some kids are going to fit those roles, but I bet a lot of others don't. Toy companies need to come up with more neutral toys that everyone can enjoy... Barbie and GI Joe stereotypes are lame.

Posted by: graphicjack | Oct 14, 2009 7:12:13 AM

12. Haha I did some work around that golf course this summer (my neck of the woods), and somehow, I'm really not surprised...

Posted by: Jesus | Oct 14, 2009 12:58:28 PM