Lady Gaga | National Equality March | News

BigGayDeal.com

Lady Gaga: I'll Be Marching in the National Equality March

Gaga

Last night, at Josh Wood's 'Get on the Bus for Equality' benefit for the National Equality March (following her SNL appearance) at Santos Party House in NYC, Lady Gaga urged the crowd to attend the March, and said that she'll be marching:

"I really believe in this cause, and as a woman in pop music I think that this is really an important weekend, and it's not a fucking joke. So get your asses to D.C. and wear something fabulous, and I'll see you guys there."

Someone could have told her it's the National Equality March, and not the Gay Pride March, but it's the action that counts...

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. As much as some on this site bash her, I'm happy to hear that we have another ally in our corner. Lady GaGa has the attention of a LOT of people and could potentially influence others to join the cause.

Posted by: beb | Oct 4, 2009 8:32:23 PM

2. I wish I could afford to be there--not just for Gaga but for the reason of being there! :-(

Posted by: B | Oct 4, 2009 10:55:30 PM

3. omg omg omg i hate her! she is ugly and im too old to understand why she is popular!!!?

Wait, Just kidding. I don't bash people who do good work. She's amazing and I love everything about her style. She's an icon and she puts herself out there for the right causes.

Posted by: KFLO | Oct 4, 2009 11:12:17 PM

4. This is disturbing.... no, NOT Lady Gaga -- she is amazing. What is disturbing is that I attended a gathering on Saturday in the DC area (where 100% of the people were gay men), and after asking 15 people if they were attending the March, only ONE had any idea at all what I was talking about. They all knew Lady Gaga though. Wish the connection could have been made sooner. Many thanks to her.

Posted by: k | Oct 5, 2009 12:14:44 AM

5. I think of her as a gimmicky flash-in-the-pan, but I'll give her credit for this. She IS popular, so this will give the March more publicity. She's doing better here than that silly Barney Frank or John Aravosis (?) of Americablog who are hiding under the table from this March.

Posted by: JT | Oct 5, 2009 1:20:50 AM

6. I thought she was a gimmick too, but now I'm not so sure. Based on her SNL performance, she can actually sing. And play. Which is more than 99% of the pop tarts out there can manage.

Somewhere out there, Freddie Mercury is smiling.

Posted by: JACKNASTY | Oct 5, 2009 4:40:33 AM

7. after everything the gays have done for madonna, i'm sure she'll be there too!

Posted by: rick | Oct 5, 2009 6:12:19 AM

8. All the piss and vinegar comments for a woman who is HUGE in the pop world right now who is standing up for our rights. Madonna, Brit, brit, Christina, and all those other pop divas have never stood up in the early years of their career for gay rights? Especially on World Wide TV like on the MTV awards.

Posted by: Dairyqueen | Oct 5, 2009 7:49:19 AM

9. @ KFLO and JT- Thank you for changing my mind. I actually was having a little bit of the reaction KFLO was mocking (well, I don't hate Gaga but I'm old enough to not really "get" her, and was feeling her announcement is just a publicity ploy.) But you're both right. Whatever her reasons, she's doing something that is more supportive of our community than many others who should and hooray to her for that.

Posted by: buster | Oct 5, 2009 12:54:22 PM

10. I'm Gaga resistant, but she got me with that last number. Clearly talented and very supportive. Now is the time, people. See you there.

Posted by: MARK DOUGLAS | Oct 5, 2009 10:05:09 PM