Joel Osteen | Joy Behar | News | Whoopi Goldberg

Pastor Joel Osteen on The View: 'Homosexuality is Not God's Best'

Osteen

Megachurch Pastor Joel Osteen, who has said on Larry King Live that he's "not knocking gays" but he doesn't think they should have marriage, brought his primped and plastic form of bigotry to The View to sell a new book, and managed to bash gays while he was at it.

Unfortunately he was pretty much given a free pass.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. White noise.

Posted by: Wes | Nov 4, 2009 5:31:21 PM

2. Am I the only person that thinks he's not only gay, but flaming too?

He just seems... gay.

Posted by: He's seems so gay! | Nov 4, 2009 5:34:22 PM

3. Although Joel's asshole is probably pinker than Pat Robinson's, I just can't say its God's best.

Posted by: kansastock | Nov 4, 2009 5:35:12 PM

4. Is bigotry God's best?

Posted by: remix | Nov 4, 2009 5:36:12 PM

5. What a load of crap. Everyone's welcome at his church, of course. Just make sure your pockets are filled when you enter and preferably empty when you leave.

Posted by: Julius | Nov 4, 2009 5:38:45 PM

6. The expression on Joy's face in your still above sez it all, boy!

Posted by: Perry | Nov 4, 2009 5:41:48 PM

7. This guy is why god invented the word 'cunt'.

Posted by: James | Nov 4, 2009 5:43:02 PM

8. he can't be gay. his haircut is at least 25 years out of date.

Posted by: alguien | Nov 4, 2009 5:45:22 PM

9. As long as you leave loads of money in his church, he'll accept you.

Posted by: terry | Nov 4, 2009 5:47:10 PM

10. Well of course they let him off....Den Mother Walters wont allow them to call him on his BS in the name of the Lord.

I'm sure Retardabeth Hasseltard was having squealing orgasms over the entire segment. I wish Al Gore would have kicked her in the twat when he came out.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Nov 4, 2009 5:48:09 PM

11. closeted. looks like he belongs in who-ville. and of course he would go on the view, because there's no reason why they should engage with him in any critical way. that show is a vapid pile of crap.

Posted by: Erin | Nov 4, 2009 5:53:22 PM

12. How would he know since there is no God?

Posted by: Tyrone | Nov 4, 2009 5:55:22 PM

13. who is he to judge God's work? That is some hubris!

Posted by: David B. 2 | Nov 4, 2009 5:56:29 PM

14. Why is this bigoted fool given a free ride? Why isn't he called out for his comments. These women are known for speaking their minds (and usually over-speaking each), but here they let it just slid by. Joy's expression means nothing on moving film. I am as disgusted with them as I am with him.

Posted by: Jeff | Nov 4, 2009 5:58:29 PM

15. And Whoopie and Sherrie, God was not doing his best when he made you 3/5th a person. God bless.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Nov 4, 2009 6:00:19 PM

16. Exactly right, Tyrone. Osteen is nothing but charlatan who has gotten rich by deceiving the gullible.

Posted by: Matt | Nov 4, 2009 6:00:46 PM

17. His god's best includes a private plane, a million-dollar mansion, a fleet of expensive cars, a walk-in closet full of slick suits and an uneducated bitch of a wife who slaps the help (and flight attendants).

Tell Joel Osteen, I'm not interested in him nor his so-called god.

Posted by: JTlvr | Nov 4, 2009 6:04:44 PM

18. David B. I couldn't agree with you more. If I still believed in the church, I know it would not be people like Joel and Pastor Rick judging me on the last day. These people and the Maggie G's of the world cannot shut up for one minute to experience the true sense of god:

“You can hear the footsteps of God when silence reigns in the mind.”

Their minds are too busy crafting ways to put lipstick on the pig of hatred and fear and pass it off as love and concern (for the gays and others they don't like) on the view.

Posted by: Jonny | Nov 4, 2009 6:14:10 PM

19. Patric NYC, shouldn't your anger be directed at the white guy?

Posted by: sugarrhill | Nov 4, 2009 6:26:53 PM

20. Joel has always given me the creeps. I never noticed his wide stance - but I have never seen him sitting.

Posted by: stephen m clifton | Nov 4, 2009 6:27:57 PM

21. Wait, let me get my tinfoil hat so i can communicate with my invisible sky wizard too!

*plants it on his noggin, adjusts his antennae*

Come in, Cthulu.... Come in oh grand and powerful tentacled one!

Smite this Abrahamic fairy tale and his plastic little boy toy and I promise to sacrifice 100 shrimp on your honor!

See? I can be religious and wear a stupid hat too.

Posted by: Gridlock | Nov 4, 2009 6:29:20 PM

22. Anyone who would listen for one moment to this greasy plastic toothpaste ad of a man (or his ridiculous Skipper doll of a wife) had no chance of being reached in the first place.

The question is moot. Next!

Posted by: The Milkman | Nov 4, 2009 6:29:42 PM

23. And anyone who thinks they know what "God's Best" is can fucking suck it. False prophet. Charlatan. Snake oil salesman.

He looks like he should be selling cheap suits at the Men's Wearhouse.

Posted by: The Milkman | Nov 4, 2009 6:31:02 PM

24. This guy is just another hater among millions. If you go to message boards on "The View" site, you'll see all the anti-gay comments from all the southern christian house wives. We will never get any respect from this sick bigots.

Posted by: Harry | Nov 4, 2009 6:32:28 PM