Film | Jake Gyllenhaal | News | Video Games

Watch: Jake Gyllenhaal's Prince of Persia Trailer

Jake

The first official trailer for the video game-to-film adaptation of Prince of Persia, starring a bulked-up Jake Gyllenhaal as Prince Dastan, has been released.

Watch it, AFTER THE JUMP...

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time in HD

Trailer Park | MySpace Video

Too much trailer and not enough happy trail imho, but oh well.

Comments

1. as an Indo-European speaking at loud;
    of all people, why him?

Click on the link below and tell me if you think this person look more convincing as the
    prince of Persia.

Posted by: Hussain | Nov 3, 2009 10:27:26 AM

2. I'll go for Jake. Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Posted by: Roscoe | Nov 3, 2009 10:28:19 AM

3. Hollywood Authenticism is in full force here... what exactly makes them think that people in ancient Persia would have British accents?

Posted by: Doof | Nov 3, 2009 10:37:48 AM

4. Boring. Yawn.

This Gyllenhaal fascination is a mystery to me.

Posted by: Mark | Nov 3, 2009 10:37:48 AM

5. Cool special effects. Hot Jakey. Not a very good trailer, though.

Posted by: Chip | Nov 3, 2009 10:44:27 AM

6. I have a feeling this will be a stinker -probably will make $$. Quite fond of Jake but would rather watch him play with a puppy.

Posted by: stephen m clifton | Nov 3, 2009 10:45:50 AM

7. I'm a GIANT fan of Jake's, but Christ that is one boring trailer. I couldn't wait for it to end. This movie is really going to bomb.

Posted by: Sushi | Nov 3, 2009 10:48:31 AM

8. What a ridiculous photo. What a ridiculous movie. Why are they doing this?

Posted by: Donovan | Nov 3, 2009 11:08:45 AM

9. Jake is SO pretty to look at. But this movie looks like an over-the-top special effects mess. Can't we just have a movie with him rubbing suntan lotion all over his body?

Posted by: David in Houston | Nov 3, 2009 11:11:01 AM

10. They should have made him homosexual like so many of the Persians.

Posted by: JT | Nov 3, 2009 11:26:32 AM

11. Looks like another overblown Bruckheimer production...if they'd edit it down to only scenes where Jake is running around shirtless, I'd go see it. But otherwise, I'll wait for screencaps.

Posted by: Justin | Nov 3, 2009 11:31:57 AM

12. The fact that the producers felt the need to put a white A list star in the lead role to attract an audience speaks volumes to the quality of the script.

Best to watch this one on mute in the background at a gay bar.

Posted by: Griff | Nov 3, 2009 11:35:59 AM

13. Maybe the trailer not approved for all audiences will be better.

Posted by: jmdrwac | Nov 3, 2009 11:53:20 AM

14. OMG 1.31 made my day :-) Nice birthday present, Andy!

Next I want presents from Maine, Washington, and Kalamazoo!

Posted by: Kevinvt | Nov 3, 2009 12:13:50 PM

15. Wow...looks gorgeous, but man who gives a shit about research, huh. "The gods"? In Persia? Persia has been monotheistic for about 2500-3000 yrs now. I have a feeling it's only gonna get worse from there...

Posted by: clint | Nov 3, 2009 12:23:34 PM

16. Hussain, your pick is a mighty fine looking man! I certainly wouldn't mide seeing him writhing around naked in a shallow pool of honey. (wait, I gotta fan myself)

At any rate...
    I guess since it's an American made film and American companies wanting to use established American actors in order to recoup their, most likely, huge investments.

Even though Jake does not look like what a Persian is expected to look like, I personally, find him to have this overall cuteness and sexiness combined that make him hot as hell. He's also a very good actor. His draw would be one main reason why I would see this film to begin with. I am not a video game person, but I do like action films.

Time and box office take will be the derterminant factors as to whether or not a mistake was made.

Posted by: Jeff in NC | Nov 3, 2009 12:24:23 PM

17. looks like a silly movie.

Posted by: kerry | Nov 3, 2009 12:41:18 PM

18. Nothing new here.

Just the latest example in Hollywood's long running obsession with putting white people into "exotic" locations and making them the focus of attention in a movie that's supposedly about Middle Easterners, Asians, Africans, Native Americans, etc.

Posted by: John | Nov 3, 2009 12:50:43 PM

19. thanks for showing us Raiders of the Lost Mummy: Warrior Princess. it was a lovely nap

Posted by: zzzzz | Nov 3, 2009 1:08:00 PM

20. Looks dull. I quit watching the trailer at :58 seconds. Jake is hot but ZZZZZ summed it up perfectly. Been there, skipped that.

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Nov 3, 2009 1:13:17 PM

21. Given Jake's previous film choices, this is just baffling... Harry Potter meets Lord of the Rings meets Troy meets blah blah blah...all the other ridiculous movies with people flying around in slow mo..

Having said that - Jake's arms are looking awesome :-)

Posted by: atheist | Nov 3, 2009 2:58:28 PM

22. that looks really bad to me...

Posted by: Ryan | Nov 3, 2009 3:17:59 PM

23. Two words: Net Flix.

Posted by: Rad | Nov 3, 2009 3:43:13 PM

24. there has to be, HOT Persian actors out there..

Posted by: Astro | Nov 3, 2009 4:00:42 PM

25. For those of you complaining about the historical and casting inaccuracies, remember that this movie is not about an actual prince from Persia...it is based completely on a fictitious storyline from the VIDEO GAME, not on history, nor on Persia.

Posted by: Dave | Nov 3, 2009 4:13:02 PM