Comments

1. JeffRob says

With friends like these, who needs enemies. This is proof positive that we remain second-class citizens the world round.

2. DR says

I’ll be… I’ve lived in Joe Pitt’s district for almost a decade now. The fact that he’s willing to sign on this letter certainly caught me off guard.

You can piss and moan all you want (and I’m sure you will), but this is a pretty big step. I may not vote for Joe Pitts, but he’s certainly getting a letter thanking him.

3. Wes says

Yes, they prefer us in the closet, not the coffin.

Pretty sad when we’re feeling grateful for politicians who don’t want us dead.

4. TANK says

Okay, apparently many of you are not intelligent enough to read between the lines. This is a coded message that supports the bill sponsored by reps who want to APPEAR to condemn it explicitly. Implicitly, their use of the declaration to “condemn” the kill the gays bill is a green light. Without invoking the virulently bigoted religious declaration, they could have made their point…and clearer. They chose not to for a reason, and that reason is that they support the kill the gays bill.

5. DR says

ok, I really have to step in here. I live in Joe Pitts district and to say that he supports the murder of gay people is just stupid, Tank. Seriously. Drop the bad conspiracy theories and hysteria, please, and accept this for what it is. A pretty pleasant surprise from a groups of GOPers.

6. TANK says

I disagree. There was no need to mention the manhattan declaration other than to give implicit consent to the discrimination of gay people. And, on the extreme end, that gives tacit support to the criminilization of homosexuality. You can put your poms poms away.

7. DR says

And you ought to put your paranoia away, Tank. Not every move made by the Republicans is made to bring us down.