Barbara Boxer | Barney Frank | Jon Hamm | Kristen Wiig | Nancy Pelosi | News | Robert Byrd | Scott Brown | SNL

Watch: Democrats Powerless Over Scott Brown's Studly Spell

Brown_frank

SNL envisioned a spell-casting Scott Brown last night, played by Jon Hamm, rendering Boxer, Pelosi, Robert Byrd, and Barney Frank powerless in the face of his flirtations.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. that was cute and funny. :-)

Posted by: MrAiredale | Jan 31, 2010 10:50:20 AM

2. They're not powerless because of Scott Brown; it's just a coincidence. :0) [P.S. I leave Nancy Pelosi out of that. She's the strongest of the bunch and gets the votes if the votes are to be gotten.]

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Jan 31, 2010 10:54:08 AM

3. Hilarious!

Posted by: Q | Jan 31, 2010 11:04:08 AM

4. Priceless! Thanks, Towleroad.
    You made my morning.

Posted by: Scott | Jan 31, 2010 11:27:14 AM

5. That was good. I never watch SNL anymore, is it good again?

Posted by: DEREK WASHINGTON | Jan 31, 2010 12:42:02 PM

6. Poor Scott Brown -- all you do is show your PUBIC HAIR in Cosmo and people treat you like a sex object. It ain't right!

Marriage equality -- basic civil rights -- is not OK with him, but being masturbation material in the grocery store checkout lane is just swell!

Posted by: Rob | Jan 31, 2010 1:29:30 PM

7. Derek : I wouldn't say SNL is good again overall, but every episode seems to have one- maybe two- good skits.

Posted by: JT | Jan 31, 2010 1:35:01 PM

8. Scott Brown = DILF.

Posted by: Eshto | Jan 31, 2010 1:41:05 PM

9. Meh, he's too ugly on the inside for me to enjoy his looks.

Posted by: KFLO | Jan 31, 2010 2:59:04 PM

10. It is funny because it is true.

The Democrats are so lame.

Only they could behave as if they were the minority party with a 78 seat majority in the House and a - even after the Scott Brown debacle - 19 seat majority in the Senate.

Posted by: John | Jan 31, 2010 3:08:57 PM

11. And yes, I'm counting Biden as part of their "non majority" because only in the land of Harry Reid does each and every bloody vote have to garner 3/5th super majority, including getting permission to go to the bathroom.

The Senate operated for decades with the Vice President breaking 50-50 ties all the time and the universe has not collapsed.

The Bush tax cuts were passed with Cheney as the deciding vote.

Posted by: John | Jan 31, 2010 3:18:50 PM

12. I find the vast majority of SNL skits unfunny nowadays, especially since most of the time a gay character is included it's an insulting and unfunny stereotype.

But for some reason I really enjoyed this, even the Barney Frank bit!

Posted by: Scott | Jan 31, 2010 6:26:57 PM

13. I will vote for Scott Brown if he runs for president - after seeing his interview with Barbara Walter this morning. He is so damn cute. and I thought I will never ever vote for a Republican. I guess a handsome face trumps principles.

Posted by: Shaun | Jan 31, 2010 11:52:38 PM

14. Too obvious a ploy to set off the gay diehard Dems, Shaun. Even they'll see through that one (troublemaker).

Posted by: JT | Feb 1, 2010 1:05:50 AM