News | Tiger Woods

Watch: Tiger Woods Breaks Silence, Apologizes at Press Conference

Tigerwoods

This had to be one of the more bizarre, unnecessary, and uncomfortable bits of breakaway news coverage I've ever seen.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. WHO CARES?

Posted by: Chris | Feb 19, 2010 11:46:06 AM

2. Why is he apologizing to the public? It's his wife's business, no one else's.

Posted by: elcamino | Feb 19, 2010 11:54:44 AM

3. Once he returns to golf, the floodgates will open again and questions will continue. This press conference was a dumb idea because it excluded the press and questions. Should have stayed in rehab.

Posted by: Sean R | Feb 19, 2010 11:55:56 AM

4. It's either this, the Olympics or another missing blond girl in Florida. Our media has its priorities in order.

Posted by: Drew | Feb 19, 2010 11:58:29 AM

5. Thank you, ElCamino. My thoughts exactly.

I miss the days when celebrities just didn't discuss this sort of thing.

Posted by: The Milkman | Feb 19, 2010 11:59:16 AM

6. Why is he apologizing to the public?

Because he's being dropped left and right for his endorsement deals, and he won't ever get them back unless the public supports him again. Duh.

Posted by: crispy | Feb 19, 2010 12:06:42 PM

7. What a tosser.

Posted by: Seb | Feb 19, 2010 12:07:37 PM

8. I like the headline on The Onion today

"Tiger Woods announces return to sex"

Posted by: Charlie | Feb 19, 2010 12:17:54 PM

9. he's rich as Hell,your right,WHO CARES!!!

Posted by: s | Feb 19, 2010 12:19:25 PM

10. This just in - three Hooter's waitresses in Vegas claim they did NOT sleep with Tiger.

Posted by: jmdrwac | Feb 19, 2010 12:33:38 PM

11. Am I the only person in the United States he didn't have sex with?

Posted by: homerh | Feb 19, 2010 12:39:23 PM

12. GAWD!!!!

he cant do therapy AND play golf at the same time? for GODS sake...

Posted by: tom | Feb 19, 2010 12:44:15 PM

13. I'll agree that it's no one's business but his and his family's (and the corporation's who pay/paid him millions to exploit his image), but Andy is right. That statement was painful to watch. His PR folks either suck or he's not listening to them.

Posted by: Kyle | Feb 19, 2010 12:44:16 PM

14. "You go out there and tell them I didn't hit you or I'm going to beat your ass!" Elin

While I agree it's between him and his wife, his publicist should be fired, this is going to do nothing to help him in any way. Can't wait to see what Stewart, Colbert and SNL do with this one.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Feb 19, 2010 12:45:33 PM

15. It's not for me to forgive him or not. Meanwhile, the gay-relevant sory is that Crystal Mangum is still being held on a million dollars bail. Not one coment yet from the gays that joined the lynchmob with other N.C. hategroups (Pam Spaulding, Andrew Humm, Andrew Towle, and a zillion smaller gay bloggers and activists)in trying to frame innocent men. Who'll be the first to comment instead of just hiding?

Posted by: JT | Feb 19, 2010 12:48:44 PM

16. Americans love to watch falsely worshiped people being brought down and hopefully slowly so they can collectively claim-well at least I am not that kind of fool. They wallow in misery and scandal-keeps them from addressing issues that should matter.

Tiger will be just fine- albeit a bit contrite and might possess an ounce of humility after all of this is over with but folks will have him back up on his pedestal so he can fall again. The "American Idol" culture loves that-and that is our culture now-sadly.

Posted by: Nick | Feb 19, 2010 12:48:52 PM

17. I am still wondering why this is news? Who cares about this guy who can't be faithful to his wife and likes lots of Pussy.

Posted by: DairyQueen | Feb 19, 2010 1:03:06 PM

18. What the hell is JT talking about?

It matters because he is a role model to lots of kids.

Posted by: Shane | Feb 19, 2010 1:08:37 PM

19. Oh, now I see. Tawana Brawley II got her ass locked up - probably where she should have been to begin with.

Posted by: Shane | Feb 19, 2010 1:11:17 PM

20. This man has wrecked his marriage.I don't need an apology. His wife and family do,as he moves out the door and attempts to recover his sad life.

Posted by: Tom Nunnery | Feb 19, 2010 1:12:19 PM

21. JT's talking about the woman who falsely accused the Duke lacrosse team of raping her a while back. She's in jail for an unrelated assault and arson... she threatened to stab her boyfriend and then she set his clothes on fire in the bathtub. Way to stay classy, Crystal.

I fail to see how it's relevant. I also fail to see how it's at all unusual that some bloggers jumped the gun and assumed that the woman crying rape was telling the truth. Anyone who's ever seen Nancy Grace's show knows that our culture works that way.

Posted by: The Milkman | Feb 19, 2010 1:17:27 PM

22. JT,honey, let it rest. Yours is about the most idiotic comment I've seen here in a long time. The names you mentioned, to my recollection, didn't try to "frame innocent men". To say something as stupid as that just to let everyone know that you're an LCR with issues only shows that it's time for you to maybe up the dosage or switch the treatment.

Posted by: jamal49 | Feb 19, 2010 1:26:45 PM

23. He thinks Crystal Mangum is a gay icon. Is it because her name sounds sparkly?

Posted by: crispy | Feb 19, 2010 1:28:55 PM

24. It's appropriate that he likes bimbos, because he is a total corporate whore.

He has no connection with fans because its clear he cares more for his Tag Heuer watches than improving the lot of people.

Posted by: Wh*re | Feb 19, 2010 1:29:10 PM

25. Another athlete who's a dog....is anyone surprised? I personally don't care. I just want to see him return to golf.

Posted by: Steve | Feb 19, 2010 1:39:53 PM