Harold Ford Jr. Not Running for U.S. Senate in New York

Marriage equality flip-flopper Harold Ford Jr. will not be running for U.S. Senate in New York. He explains why in a New York Times op-ed:

Ford"I’ve examined this race in every possible way, and I keep returning to the same fundamental conclusion: If I run, the likely result would be a brutal and highly negative Democratic primary — a primary where the winner emerges weakened and the Republican strengthened.

I refuse to do anything that would help Republicans win a Senate seat in New York, and give the Senate majority to the Republicans.

I realize this announcement will surprise many people who assumed I was running. I reached this decision only in the last few days — as I considered what a primary campaign, even with the victory I saw as fully achievable, would have done to the Democratic Party.

I am a Democrat. But I am an independent Democrat. I am not going to stop speaking out on behalf of policies that I think are right — regardless of ideology, party or political expediency."

Buh-bye.

Comments

1. Cory says

In that picture his smile is creepy, but I’ve seen him in person and unfortunately, the man is very handsome.

That being said, good riddance asshole.

2. TyInTenn says

Probably realized he hadn’t paid his taxes there either. Hopefully he will move on to somewhere other then returning to Tennessee with all of his criminal relatives.

3. andy says

he has an inflated opinion of himself if he really thinks he has enough constituency in NY to make the primary “brutal” and I can’t believe his unself-awareness when he declares that the campaign will be “highly negative”. This is the way that a carpet-bagger introduces himself to the people of NY by going negative? Good riddance. Go back where you came from dude.

4. Boxerdad says

What a creep! He could have bowed out gracefully, but instead he puts out a whiney op-ed complaining about being bullied by the party leadership and lying about the health care bill imposing “billions in new taxes on New Yorkers.” He’s the last person we need in Washington. Good riddance.

5. Upstate says

He shouldn’t have entered in the first place, but I’m certainly glad he bowed out.

His vote for the Federal Marriage Amendment was, is, and always will be unforgivable.

6. AlexInBoston says

HF Jr is like Cancer, you cut it out in one place (NYS) it suddenly appears in another!! Watch him “Suddenly” re-discover One Man One Woman Marriage where ever he appears next!! I would bet my left Nut on this happening in the next election cycle! Seriously CT, NY, PA you are next on his hit list since he can commute to your locales and still work in NYC.. He is scum and scum always rises to the top of the garbage heap!!