Watch: Judge Mathis Takes on a Potential Closet Case

Mathis

Judge Mathis handled a case recently between two men that dealt with one of them possibly being in the closet.

Said Mathis: "If you are [gay] I think you should be up front about it. So many young men and women try to stay in the closet because their family and friends might be biased, or what have you. Forget about them. Be who you are."

Added Mathis later: "Certainly I believe that most sexual orientations come biologically and not by choice."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Wow. That was a laugh riot. You could tell the guy in blue was gay, 5 seconds after he spoke. Too funny. Then the other guy, who makes Paul Lynde look like Rambo, wanted to counter-sue because he was forced out of the closet. Hilarious!

Posted by: David in Houston | Mar 1, 2010 5:34:56 PM

2. Right on Judge!

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Mar 1, 2010 5:42:07 PM

3. I love D**k as much as all of you, but- LORD- Blue Shirt is gayer than me. Who, exactly, is he fooling?

Posted by: Rodney | Mar 1, 2010 6:03:30 PM

4. The perils of reality TV. Not exactly a good closet.

Posted by: anon | Mar 1, 2010 6:05:11 PM

5. I live about 10 miles from Joliet and I'm pretty sure I've seen him on gay.com

Posted by: Ben | Mar 1, 2010 6:07:48 PM

6. Light-skin is definitely gay...but a hottie for sure.

Posted by: dcwv | Mar 1, 2010 6:16:14 PM

7. Honey, if the purses that dripped out of Miss Blue Shirt's mouth didn't convince you, then the way she raised her hand after Miss Thing told the court that he was gay did.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Mar 1, 2010 6:21:10 PM

8. Oh, and the parents of Miss Thang in the black shirt would have had to been deaf, blind, and dumb not to realize that he was gay (even though I think that he was playing up the queenyness for the cameras).

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Mar 1, 2010 6:25:36 PM

9. Erm. I don't see the gay in the blue shirt dude. A gay guy wouldn't go on national tv with such a poorly fitting shirt or such a bad haircut.

And while we're at it, Miss Thang seems like the kind of person who would never let the truth stand in the way of a good story.

Posted by: Dan | Mar 1, 2010 6:26:00 PM

10. Now that's gay! Tadaaaa!

Posted by: TANK | Mar 1, 2010 6:35:38 PM

11. Definitely made my day, lol. I would have liked to see the texts.

Posted by: J | Mar 1, 2010 6:39:58 PM

12. well whatever..all I can say is this guy should be lucky he was in front of this judge and NOT Judge Judy....LOL ..all that head bobbing..you know and everything....Judge Judy would have chewed him up and spit him out...and she's Liberal...anyway it was funny.

Posted by: Disgusted American | Mar 1, 2010 7:07:21 PM

13. As cool as this incident makes Judge Mathis appear, I caught an episode a week or so ago (don't ask-not a regular viewer) where the "Judge" essentially allowed a "straight" defendant out of his lease because he equated living with a gay cousin who threw "gay" parties as constructive eviction! Mathis wasn't bothered by the nature of the parties (i.e., too rowdy/destructive), he found constructive eviction on the grounds of gay men hitting on the straight guy. Insane, huh?

Posted by: Dignan | Mar 1, 2010 7:28:42 PM

14. NOT MS THANG!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Mar 1, 2010 7:29:37 PM

15. The bailiff looks gayer than any of them.

Posted by: Dan | Mar 1, 2010 7:58:39 PM

16. All I can say ... "gurlfriend!"

Posted by: FunMe | Mar 1, 2010 8:05:47 PM

17. Blue shirt is ADOREABLE. And if you knew Joliet, Illinois you'd know why he has a hard time coming out. Btw blue shirt, Miss Thing and the bailiff, it looked like the makings of a Falcon Video.

Posted by: lgwolf | Mar 2, 2010 6:25:32 AM

18. Here we have two of the essential talk show stereotypes... the white trash metro wanna-be closet case and the black triangle-quick-snap diva (Are we channelling Miss Anton Merriweather?)

From the first word out of blue shirt's mouth I thought, boy, DEAD people know you smoke poles!

I'd eat the bailiff right up! he certainly was hanging on snap diva's every word in that last shot.

I love my peeps. They're so bitchy!

Posted by: RJ | Mar 2, 2010 7:35:54 AM

19. Blue shirt is hot.

Posted by: Joel | Mar 2, 2010 1:53:59 PM

20. I LOVE this.

Posted by: csann | Mar 2, 2010 4:15:58 PM

21. BRAVO Judge Mathis! Even Judge Mathis came out: publicly denouncing the the religious comm. anti-gay stance. - especially Black church folk. THANK YOU!

Posted by: ausfahrt | Mar 7, 2010 9:20:44 AM

22. Notice when the Queens says we are boyfriends he never denied it instead quibbling over some minor point.

Would love to meet the one i Blacks--the Queen.

Posted by: Love Fem Dudes | May 3, 2010 3:01:14 PM

23. Greg Mathis is a lapsed Seventh Day Adventist. I am surprised he says that God makes people gay. He sure didn't learn that from Oakwood University.

Posted by: Love Fem Dudes | May 3, 2010 3:05:13 PM

24. Hell yea i looked so cute on tv this the boy in the black shirt! WHite boy gayer then me y he playing

Posted by: David Garner | Jan 1, 2011 2:52:09 PM